Author has written 7 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh.
All right, it's time to update the Bio page. Figured it was about time to do so since some of the information was completely inaccurate.
Name: Dorothy - no point in hiding that since it's part of my email address.
Age: Old enough to know better. All right, quit badgering. I'm 29 for the tenth year in a row.
Location: Cowtown, Alberta. Originally from Ontario.
Fics I'm writing:
Complete! Maybe... Ideas for an epilogue have been rolling around in my head (for a very long time)...
Advice from a 5,000 year-old Pharaoh
Chapter 16 is currently out. I've already got the plot line done for the next two chapters. Just need to add in a few twists and turns, find the humourous side of me and start writing.
Rules for A-hole
I'm providing the rules and variations that I play with when playing this game. Try it out at home with friends or family. It's a lot of fun!
1. Whoever deals the cards plays the first hand for the first round. After that, it will go according to who is the A-hole. All consecutive hands are started by one designated as such.
2. Any card can be played in the first hand but each player must play a card (or cards) higher than the previous one. For example: The first player plays a pair of threes. The next player must play a pair higher than threes, such as fours, kings etc.
3. Twos are wild cards. They can beat any hand but there are rules to using them as well.
a) a single two can beat a single card or a pair.
b) two twos can beat three or four of a kind.
c) if playing with more than one deck, then three twos will beat five and six of a kind.
d) four twos will beat seven and eight of a kind.
4. Jokers beat EVERYTHING, no matter how many cards are in the hand just played but two Jokers do not beat a single Joker. Why would you waste them on that kind of a move?
5. Once the positions have been determined, the President will receive the A-hole's two highest cards and the President will give them two of their lowest cards in return. "Lowest" can also mean singles that the President doesn't want to keep in their hand. It's a handy way to make sure that you always have pairs and higher.
6. The Vice President will receive the Vice A-hole's one highest card and the Vice will give them one of their lowest cards in return. See definition of "lowest" above.
7. Once the positions have been determined, only the one designated as A-hole can touch the cards that are played on the table in order to rake them off once the hand is done. Any other player touching the cards forfeits their hand and becomes the new A-hole. The hands are exchanged and gameplay continues as usual until the hand is done.
8. If anyone cannot play a card, they toss a number of pennies equal to the number of cards into a bowl on the table. The winner claims the pennies at the end of the game.
9. The hand only goes around the table once. The player who started the hand cannot end it. It must be finished by someone before them.
10. Once the positions are determined, the A-hole rakes, shuffles and deals the cards for the remainder of the game.
I had everyone in my story sit according to their position in the game but that is not necessarily a rule that needs to be followed. I only used it to heighten the tension between two characters.
Another variation, for those of you old enough to use it, is as follows. If any player cannot play a hand, they must drink a shot equivalent to the number of cards played. It gets really hard if there are two decks in play since the shots can range up to six or seven at once. Please be very careful if you use this rule. Remember, no drinking and driving and don't make yourself sick just to play the game. Another variation to this is to do one shot if cards cannot be played.
I hope these rules clarify the way the game has been played in my story. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me and I'll answer them as best as I can.
Definitely have a couple more fics planned out in my head. Just have to find the time to write them down on paper and then edit them on the computer. At least two more one-shots and one many-chaptered fics are on my agenda.
And to those of you who are wondering, I'm an azureshipper. I don't understand why people bash her because she is one of the best characters to portray. She's just so feisty!
Just because I am an azureshipper doesn't mean that that is all I will write about. In fact, one of the one-shots I have planned is about Yami and Téa. I don't usually go for this pairing because of what happens at the end but this one just wouldn't leave me alone. That's all, folks.
Thanks for stopping by to check this out. Thanks for reviewing my stories and giving me the courage to share them with the other wonderful people who inhabit fanfiction.net.
Flames will be used to start the fire pit in my backyard so that I can toast marshmallows... you have been warned.
May 5, 2008 - As some of you have read on the recent chapter of "Advice..." I was involved in a car accident. While everyone walked out of the accident basically unharmed, I was more than a little shaken up by thoughts of my own mortality. Because of this, I had a hard time finishing off what was left of the chapter. I know I had promised to have the entire dance challenge up but I couldn't do it. Fear not, though, that chapter is well and truly begun.
June 8, 2008 - Man, the next chapter is going to be great. I've already figured out how it's going to begin and how it's going to end, I just need to fix up the middle parts and make sure that it's coming out the way I want it to. Sometimes, these chapters seem to have a mind of their own and don't quite end up where I want them to but I am working on taming the plot bunnies with the loofah sponge and so far they are cooperating.
June 26, 2009 - Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted anything on this amazing site. The car accident I was in did a little more damage to me than originally thought so I spent some time recuperating and then the stress of living with a crazier roommate than me really didn't help the situation. Anyways, feel free to review the new chapter and please be gentle in your criticisms. Thanks so much!
November 16, 2013 - A long time away. I have returned! I am even still trying to work on Advice... but it will take some time to get back into the writing of this story.
November 29, 2014 - Wow, it's been a year! I just found my password to get back on here. And still trying to work on Advice...
December 10, 2017 - I am still here but life has caught up to me. Still working on Advice... I have some vacation time coming up so I need to stock up on some Bailey's and get going .
Thanks to anyone and everyone for reading this and my stories. All of the compliments I'm getting are going to give me a swelled head! Thanks again for taking time out of your own busy lives to read and review my stuff.
Disclaimer - I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, nor are there any plans in my future to do so (unless I win the lottery - then I'll think about it). All I own are the plots I use and some of the OC's that show up to move the plot along. Thanks.
Demonic Angel Clone (41)
Enigma 968 (0)
Living Arrow (8)
Peneia Teke (12)
Starian Princess (22)
W. Huntress (10)