Author has written 2 stories for Doctor Who.
Welcome to the profile page of Elvaro. There may be any number of reason why you have chosen to come here, allow me to list a few:
1. You've read one of my (2) fanfiction stories and wish to see what else I've written. In this case scroll down to the My Stories section at the bottom of the page - don't worry there aren't that many. If not, continue reading this list.
2. You've read one of my (2) fanfiction stories and wish to read more about me. In this case, skip the rest of the list and read the dreadfully small entry I've written about me. If not, continue to read the list.
3. I've reviewed one of your stories and you now what to read about me. Refer to the instructions for #2. If not, continue on.
4. I've reviewed one of your stories and you now want to read what I've written. Refer to the instructions for #1. If not... well, I think I've said that enough don't you?
5. You've read all my fanfiction and want to know what else I plan to write. Scroll down past the About Me section and read the (Possible) Future Projects section. If not... I don't want to type something new here so think up something clever on your own.
6. You have navigated to this site by accident - uh, I don't know how you would do that, but congrats you managed it! - and have read this list thinking I might tell you how to navigate back to were you were. Use that fancy little back arrow at the very top of the page, right next to where the website address is, and you will be magically transported to wherever you were before.
7. You've come here for some other reason. Well, you're on your own, since I don't know why you came here in the first place.
Name: [Redacted] [Redacted] [Redacted] a.k.a. Elvaro
Birthdate: [Redacted] a.k.a. old enough to be done with high school, not old enough to be done with going to school
Location: [Redacted] a.k.a. It's hot here in the summer, cool in the spring and fall, and very cold during the winter and I sometimes tell people where I live by pointing to my hand.
Hobbies: Reading and writing. (That should be obvious.) Fossil collecting, watching television, drawing, playing computer games, singing, and talking to all the many voices in my head… just kidding.
Favorite Television Programs: Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), Quantum Leap, M*A*S*H, The X-Files, Torchwood, Castle, House, and many more that I probably just can't think of right now.
Other than that… I’m a bit OCD about my writing, and will appreciate any corrections to my grammar and spelling.
Reviews are welcome.
The Ultimate Doctor Who Survival Guide - During one of my Barnes and Noble browsing sessions I discovered a massive number of "Survival Guides" and "How to Survive..." books. After reading 5 or 6 of them I couldn't help but think that there ought to be a survival guide for the world of Doctor Who, containing a compendium of aliens that the Doctor has met. With that in mind I sat down and pounded out an entry for Abzorbaloff. I don't intend to include classic series monsters because I have not seen enough of the classic series to do them justice. Obviously classic series monsters that appear in the new series will be exceptions to this. Which means there will be (extensive) entries on the Daleks and Cybermen.
(Possible) Future Projects:
To Impress a Bibliophile - The sequel to Small Town that was originally meant to be written by my friend whom inspired Jeni (from Jeni's perspective). Due to difficulties in making said friend actually sit down and write it, I eventually caved in and began to write a sequel on my own. Currently, a rough outline of the plot exists along with about 4 chapters and a prologue in rough draft form. It will be set in Alexandria, Egypt and may contain the guest appearance of Julius Caesar.
Febraury 16, 2012: This seems to be getting stalled by writer's block for far too many sections... but it will happen, I promise! It will, however, be from the point of view of Elisabeth although the prologue will be in third person.
What Happens When You Refuel the TARDIS or What Happens in Cardiff, Stays in Cardiff, I Hope - A second sequel to Small Town which is currently in the very early concept stages. The only reason I mention it at all is because my friend insists that I write it. The only thing I know for certain about it is that it will contain Captain Jack Harkness, because my friend insisted that Jeni get the chance to meet Jack. I will probably post this as a crossover with Torchwood.
Febraury 16, 2012: I really need to work on this. I'm starting to get some of the plot points worked out, mainly because of I've jumped ahead to work on the fourth story in this series.
Untitled The fourth in the Small Town series, currently being planned and written as of Feb. 16, 2012. Since I've been watching (and rewatching) far too much of the BBC Sherlock, I couldn't help but attempt a crossover. Since I couldn't come up with anything particularly original for a straight up cross-over with no original characters, I considered briefly if it could work with Elisabeth and Jeni. I figured it could and started typing up the beginnings of what could be a fairly intertaining story.
The Christmas When the Bride Wasn't Donna - What happened to the Doctor during the events of The Runaway Bride after Donna didn't get the job at H.C. Clements? Who would have gotten dosed with Huon particles instead? And why didn't theystop the Doctor from drowning? In other words, this is the story that was never told surrounding the consequences of Turn Left. (This is only at the concept stage at this point. I'll need to rewatch both episodes and figure out a lot of plot holes before I even begin to write it. I do not guarantee that this story will ever be written or posted, although I do promise to note that I changed my mind should that happen.)
June 26, 2011: How Do You Build A Dimension Canon? - I'm not certain about this one at all and am somewhat hesitant to post it. It is in no way related to Small Town and (in my opinion) draws on a mythology of my own devising. To summarize it, there's an AU insert for The End of the World: Doctor Who Series 1 Episode 2, which contains the appearance of an immortal, although not named such, that choses to give Rose a gift that makes a dimension canon possible. Rose doesn't realize that though, until the immortal's parallel version (with somewhat questionable motivations) decides to intercede. Of course, that's the interesting version, the actual story as it stands is very lackluster as I try to shy away from making it too AU or using too much of my own mythology and I don't think I succeeded at all. Unless a lot of people read this description and ask that I post it - the chances of this short story being posted is very, very low.
Small Town– This started out as a discussion with one of my friends (during a marathon of Doctor Who) about how we would react if we met the Doctor. Of course, the story took on a life of its own when I finally tried to write it and I decided that it would be best if the narrator and her best friend didn't know who the Doctor was, except for what they might have read in a surprisingly accurate UFO conspiracy book...
It also became considerably longer than I thought it would be, yet still fairly short compared to some stories I've read on this site. Completed, it stands at around 16,000 words and 13 chapters, rather than the 10,000 words and 10 chapters I thought it would be.