Author has written 7 stories for Criminal Minds, and White Collar.
Update 11/8/11: Slacker! Slacker! Slacker! *sigh* I know, I need to write again. Internship is done and I officially graduate tomorrow. Hope to get the writing bug exercised again. Please bare with me. It always comes back, I just never know when.
Wow, this is a lot of blank space. Filling this could be daunting. Let's see, what do people care to know about me? Probably not the boring stuff, like, "I have 2 cats and just broke up with my boyfriend". What's interesting? Likes and dislikes? Not really, unless they're really amazing, like hang gliding or deep sea diving (both would be dislikes for me). I'm a decent juggler and a horrible speller. I love to write and hate anything right wing. I do live in Colorado, and no, I don't ski. I'd rather ride my motorcycle any day of the week than go to the gym. I love the sound of the waterfall in my back yard, and hate the sounds people make when they eat. I work full-time for the devil and am almost done with grad school. I volunteer once a month, and spank naughty (adult) boys and girls in need of discipline whenever I get the chance. Sad that my life fits so neatly in such a tiny space, but there you have it.
Hey! Here's a thought (because I'm feeling uncharacterisically bitchy today): If you favorite a story, drop a little note to the author telling her/him what you liked about it. (rant over -- there! That wasn't so bad. Was it?)
All time favorite CM quote (of course it's from Elephant's Memory)
Hotch: "All teenagers profile as sociopaths. There's a reason you can't diagnose them until they're 18."
YEEK! Grad school HARD! Must focus! Eye on the prize!
. . . .Want to write F.F.!. . .
NO! Must write research papers! Graduate! Get better job!
. . . But . . .
NO! School work first! F.F. later!
. . . Being a grown-up sucks!!! . . .
Thought I might spend a little time laying out the things that annoy me when I read FF:
1) Pluralizing words that should never be pluralized (it's "anyway"! "Anyways" isn't even a word!).
2) Another one that's not a word: "Proly" WTH??? Don't you have spell check? And if you actually pronounce "probably" like that, you should be sent back to kindergarten.
3) Please know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" before you even attempt to write. Oh, and the difference between "its" and "it's", and "your" and "you're". These words are NOT interchangeable!
3) Using the same word two or more times in the same paragraph. There are times when it can't be avoided, but please, know how to use your thesaurus (perhaps I overuse mine at times, but at least I'm not boring).
4) Not even attempting to write the characters in character. You may as well be writing original fiction if you're going to do that.
5) Changing scenes or jumping forward in time without indicating that in some fashion. Please don't make me try to figure out what's going on. I barely have time to read FF let alone try to decode it.
6) Deus ex Machina: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!!!!! If you can't justify it, don't write it!!! Believe me when I tell you, I will NOT read your story further if you use this device!!! Yes, I know the ancient Greeks used it all the time. Evolve, people!
more to come . . .