Author has written 10 stories for Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Shingeki no Kyojin/進撃の巨人, Idolmaster, and Uta no Prince-sama.
So, this is my FFnet profile. Other profiles include my blog on tumblr, what-a-troublesome-drag, and my new account on archivesofourown.org, Little_Details_That_Count. Some of my stories will show up on archivesofourown as well as on here, to expand my horizons, so yeah.
Anyway, now for some stuff about me!
100 Questions About Me
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. "might be a signal of recognition. It was all guesswork: very" - 1984 by George Orwell.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch? A gift for a friend I haven't had the chance to give them since I got it at Christmas. o.e
3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing? Updating my tumblr.
4. What is the last thing you watched on TV? I think Cheers?
5. Without looking, guess what time it is. Too late, I already looked.
6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 5:03 PM.
7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? I'm listening to Idolmaster music.
8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? I was depositing my paycheck at the bank.
9. Did you dream last night? Yep.
10. Do you remember your dreams? Usually I remember them pretty vividly, and if not I at least have a vague idea of what they were about. Last night I dreamed that I lived through my whole second year of university (which hasn't started yet) in one night. And there was somehow a puzzle involved, plus the guy I have a crush on. Pretty weird.
11. When did you last laugh? Yesterday.
12. Do you remember why/at what? I watched a really dumb video on facebook.
13. What is on the walls of the room you are in? A map of Manitoulin Island, yellow floral curtains covering a window, some shelves with family photos, and my dad's degree.
14. Seen anything weird lately? Lots of stuff at work...
15. What do you think of this quiz? Getting a lil' self-conscious, are we? ;)
16. What is the last film you saw? I forget the name of it. It wasn't that good.
17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Venice, Italy. Or Tokyo, Japan. Or even somewhere in the countryside down south...
18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? A big hotel in Venice, Italy. Or a fancy apartment in Tokyo. Or a big-ass mansion in the country...
19. Tell me something about you that most people don't know. I'm actually very observant.
20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? Regardless of guilt or politics? Nah, screw that. I honestly just wish everyone could be free to live their life as they want, economically and socially. I wish governments would have much less power over people in general.
21. Do you like to dance? I do.
22. Would you ever consider living abroad? Well yeah, seeing as I'd like to live in Venice...or Tokyo...or somewhere down south...
23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams? You know, for a long time I thought you could never make an anagram out of my name, but one of my friends is a whiz at anagrams and managed to make one out of my full name: A Samurai Laid Ice. Good luck unscrambling that into a coherent name.
24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone? My Dad.
25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? A game.
26. Last time you swam in a pool? Last summer.
27. Type of music you like most? Any genre except screamo/death metal/etc.
28. Type of music you dislike most? Screamo/death metal/etc.
29. Are you listening to music right now? I was.
30. What color is your bedroom carpet? An off white.
31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do? Rebuild it and relocate it into a big-ass mansion down south.
32. What was the last thing you bought? A new sundress!
33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike? No, and it's probably for the best...
34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Bungee jumping, because at least you're still attached to something while you're falling.
35. Do you have a garden? Yup.
36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? I kinda had to; they played it every morning over the intercom at school. O Canada...
37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? "Need. More. Sleep."
38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! I bet he would be a real party to have tea with. Or more realistically, I guess, Kelly Clarkson.
39. Who sent the last text message you received? One of my best friends.
40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? The discount clothing store near my house. Think about it: more clothes for the same amount of money.
41. What time is bedtime? Some time past 11:00/11:30 PM.
42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? lolno.
43. How many tattoos do you have? None.
44. If you don't have any, have you ever thought of getting one? Not really. I change my tumblr background ten times a month, so I don't think it would be smart for me to get something permanent on my skin.
45. What did you do for your last birthday? Chilled with my gal pals by the pool in my backyard.
46. Do you carry a donor card? I have a blood donor card, yes.
47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with? My family.
48. Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends, really.
49. What's the farthest-away place you've been? Romania.
50. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Last summer?
51. Have you ever won a trophy? Not a trophy, no, but I've won some other awards.
52. Are you a good cook? I guess.
53. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Yeah.
54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be? Ludwig van Beethoven. Or Mozart. Or Jesus. Yeah, probably Jesus.
55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school? Never.
56. Do you touch-type? For laptops/computers, no. For anything else...well you kinda have to.
57. What's under your bed? Probably books...miscellaneous pencils...
58. Do you believe in love at first sight? I've heard that it happens, albeit rarely. I don't believe in it for myself, though.
59. Think fast, what do you like right now? C.S. Lewis' writings.
60. Where were you on Valentine's Day? At home eating chocolate by myself.
61. What time do you get up? 7:00 on average for school. On weekends and vacation, 8-10.
62. What was the name of your first pet? Never had one. :(
63. Who is the second to last person to call you? A telemarketer who hangs up when you pick up the phone.
64. Is there anything going on this weekend? Yeah. Work. But I'm also meeting some friends for a birthday get-together since our birthdays are all in July.
65. How are you feeling right now? My neck hurts, but in general I'm alright.
66. What do you think about the most? Anything.
67. What time do you get up in the morning? I think I've answered this question...
68. If you had a Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I wouldn't. I would just give most of it to charity. I don't have a mind for investment or anything, so I wouldn't really know what to do with a lot of money. Plus a lot of money can do bad things to relationships.
69. Who would you tell first? Next.
70. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema? The Hunger Games. Yes, I don't see a lot of movies at the cinema. It's too overpriced, and I don't see the
point in seeing a movie early just for the sake of it. I generally end up waiting a few years and seeing it online or on Netflix.
71. Do you sing in the shower? Yes.
72. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? This survey is turning into a bit of a broken record, to properly answer question 15.
73. What do you do most when you are bored? Waste time online.
74. What do you do for a living?I rely on my parents for housing and food since I'm still in school, but I save up money from my job. I work at a Nando's as a hostess. The reason I'm giving the exact name is because Nando's is an international franchise, so you'd never be able to pin down where I live from that. :)
75. Do you love your job?I like it, but sometimes it gets frustrating when it's busy or when we have demanding customers or when I have to work late because of dumbasses who want to eat a full course meal at 11:30 PM... I like my coworkers, I earn tips on top of my base salary, and I get 75% off the restaurant's food when I order lunch at work. So it works out.
76. What did you want to be when you grew up? I used to want to be a singer when I was 8, then I wanted to be a writer up until I was 15, and now I'm studying to become an engineer. So yeah, don't decide on your career too early, kiddos.
77. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be? A job in the field of Engineering Physics.
78. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Neither. It was the dinosaurs.
79. How many keys on your key ring? I don't even have a key ring...
80. Where would you retire to? Anywhere but a retirement home.
81. What kind of car do you drive? I don't have one.
82. What are your best physical features? My hair and my eyes.
83. What are your best characteristics? Based on other peoples' view of me, my sense of humor and my ability to listen and offer advice.
84. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Venice, or Tokyo, or Hawaii, or Florida, or California, or...
85. What kind of books do you like to read? Mystery/Suspense/Crime/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Adventure/Action/Humor/Parody/Slice of Life/Romance
86. Where would you want to retire to? I don't appreciate repetitive questions. >:U
87. What is your favorite time of the day? The evening/night.
88. Where did you grow up? Ontario.
89. How far away from your birthplace do you live now? An hour, if traffic is decent.
90. What are you reading now? Miscellaneous fanfiction...
91. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
92. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No.
93. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows? Yes.
94. Do you have pets? No, but I'd like to have a dog or cat.
95. How many rings before you answer the phone? Depends on how far away I am from the phone.
96. What is your best childhood memory? I had a lot of good times, too many to choose from.
97. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? None so far.
98. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share? Hmmm...no. :/
99. What is most important in life? Laughter.
100. What inspires you? Jesus.
And that's basically it for me. Did I bore you? Yeah? Well, it was your own fault. :P
Now I've created this little skelly to give you some facts about me.
Appearance: Shortish in height, short curly/wavy/bushy brown hair, brown eyes.
Likes: Physics, witty people who can take a joke no matter how far it goes (though I won't mind if you have a reasonable limit), reading, writing, watching TV (especially comedies, which includes stand-up comedians), hanging out with friends/family, listening to music, singing, surfing the Internet, occasionally playing video games (if I'm hooked), and talking to fellow nerds about nerd stuffs. Oh, I also like emoticons, although I don't overdo it with them.
Dislikes: Pretentious/obnoxious/"superior" people, whiny people (whiny in the sense that they're actually serious about whatever they're whining about, not joke-whining - there's a difference!), rude and insufferable people, close-minded people, the government, and drama queens.
Favourite Music: Hymns, classical music, ABBA, Kelly Clarkson, Shania Twain, P!nk, Adele, various Vocaloids and anime openings/endings, and occasionally songs from other artists.
(Pretty bizarrely diverse music taste I have, huh?)
Favourite Readings: The Bible, Christian apologetics, Fruits Basket (manga), Ouran Highschool Host Club (manga), Divergent, The Hunger Games Trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay), Star Trek: Voyager: Unworthy, Star Trek: Voyager: Children of the Storm, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, The Outsiders, and FanFiction.
Favourite TV Shows/Animes/Movies: Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise, The Big Bang Theory, That '70s Show, Seinfeld, Married With Children, Fruits Basket, Ouran Highschool Host Club, No. 6, Soul Eater, Death Note, Durarara!!, Black Butler, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Angel Beats!, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Eden of the East, Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, Star Wars, Spaceballs, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean, and miscellaneous romantic comedies.
Favourite Genres: Romance, humor, parody, friendship, drama, adventure, action, sci-fi, mystery, fantasy, hurt/comfort, suspense, crime, slice of life, and angst.
As a Fellow Reader/Author of both Original Works and Fanfiction
I really appreciate people who take the time to read my writing. I also really appreciate people who take the time to review it. I am totally okay with just an "I love it! Update soon!" but I really like it when people tell me what they love about it. What their favourite part was, what I did good, how I could improve - that kind of stuff. And also, I enjoy getting emails about people favouriting my stories/adding it to their story alert list, or favouriting me as an author/adding me to their author alert list, but please don't be shy to review as well! I love getting reviews. I find myself re-reading a specific part of my story that a person comments on just to imagine myself as them reading it. That probably sounds so utterly dorky, but it's true. I make sure to recognize when someone has reviewed me and your username may pop up in several of my author's notes that show appreciation for the reviews. And also, it gets the writing juices in my head flowing, eager to continue pleasing the people who have read my story thus far.
So, please! It only takes about ten seconds of your time. Feel free to drop a review when you read a story of mine that you like. :)
Other random things:
If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’