Author has written 1 story for True Blood.
Hello everyone! I am a thirty something mother of three, who enjoys writing in her spare time...
Ok, scratch that, I use writing as an outlet for the chaos running rampant in my mind. I honestly feel like if I don't write it down, all that chaos is trapped and on a continuous loop. Sort of like that song that gets stuck in one's head, but for me it's verses, paragraphs, story lines, sub-plots, and strings of descriptive words. I give myself a headache, therefore, I write.
There are certain characters that I admire, ie: Jasper Hale/Whitlock, Paul Meraz/Lahote, Eric Northman, Alcide Herveaux, Spartacus, and Crixus
I will not read:
- any story using the word "baby girl" as a love interest's term of endearment. Just...yuck! My Dad used to call me "baby girl" (God bless his soul) and in my head, I relate the terminology to a father-daughter relationship. I HATE pet names, but I've dumped every man who ever called me that. Immediately. It's not sexy. It's gross. Ebola-AIDS gross. I'll quit you and your fic. Moving along now.
- fics not separated by paragraphs. It gives me a migraine. Really, it does. Migraines also bring out the quitter in me.
- any fic with felonious amounts of grammatical errors. I hate seeing first draft material with no editing attempts or spell checks.
insert long winded commentary* Perfection isn't necessary (I do make mistakes as well *gasp*) but I'm also the kind of chick that will scour my own work (15-20 times) to correct mistakes, so corrections don't end up in a review. Anal retentive with a side of paranoia? Perhaps. My point: If you don't care about your story, I probably won't either.
- extreme OOC and AU works. Drastic changes to character traits are jarring and quite frankly, makes the entire story nonsensical and less believable.
- song fics. Need I say more?
more long winded commentary* Ok. Perhaps I need to say more in an attempt to discourage. Imagine, if you will, my reaction to scrolling past 15 lyrical lines of Tao Cruz, 20 more of 50 Cent, and then another 10 from Lil Wayne/Drake/Taylor Swift... all because two characters danced for 15 minutes? Ugh. Cue a dramatic eye roll and heavy sigh.
My number one pet peeve of all time- incorrect use of the following homophones.
-they're, their, there
-we're, were, where
-our, are, hour
-we'll, will, wheel
- allowed, aloud
- through, threw
- heel, heal
- since, sense
I'm sure I'll add to the list.
As always, reviews are welcomed, whether its criticism or applause, I'll accept it all even if it is just a smiley!