Author has written 6 stories for A Walk to Remember, Bones, and Castle.
Bienvenidos! I'm Katie Beth, and here are:
Some Undetermined Number Of Things About Me
1. My first fandom was JAG. I shipped Harm/Mac hardcore. I was only 12 when I went online, joined a forum, and wrote my first fanfic.
2. On that note, please don't let your 12 year old talk to strangers on the internet. I thought I was smarter than the bad guys, but I wasn't, and while I was lucky, I know first hand how dangerous the internet can be for kids and teens whose judgment and decision making skills are still not fully developed. If you have kids and you want to discuss this further, please PM me - I can't stress how very important this subject is to me.
3. My second 'fandom' was A Walk To Remember - the obvious pairing for that one. One or two of my stories from that movie are still up on here, but I was 13 when I wrote them, so please realize that the fact that they're terrible is no reflection on my current writing abilities.
4. I have also written for Law & Order SVU (Elliot/Olivia), House (House/Cameron), Gilmore Girls (Luke/Lorelai) and The 4400 (Tom/Diana) but most of those stories are not and will not be published because they are either terrible, lost to a computer crash, or unfinished.
5. The biggest discovery of my fanfic life was Bones - despite taking a break between the 100th Episode and Doctor in the Photo (and currently not reading spoilers and haven't watched since around February 2013 due to the Pelant story arc and my hatred for season finales) it was until July '14 my primary fandom to read and write for. I just adore Booth/Bones. But pleeeeaaaaaseee don't tell me anything about the current season or really anything since Corpse on the Canopy (I THINK that was my last one?), I'll watch it when whatever cliffhanger occurred most recently has been resolved! (According to my mom, I should 'not ever' watch the 2014 finale... gulp.) Aaaaand as of 7/2014 I just started hardcore shipping Caskett (Castle/Beckett) from Castle... you can go ahead and blame 4x10 "Cuffed" for that.
5 and a half. I'm too lazy to renumber this list as I update it.
5 and 3/4s. 'Caskett' is the only time you'll hear me use a couple name instead of initials (HM, BB, etc), because it makes me laugh, because of the murder and whatnot. Mostly they're cutesy and annoying and drive me to long rants on tumblr (ihazocd dot tumblr dot com)
6. On another semi-related note, I have generalized anxiety, OCD and panic disorder... which may account for the obsessions over various shows/ships and panic attacks when something goes wrong (a la Bones episode 100). And for the record, I refuse to be ashamed of these conditions and I encourage everyone else to help erase the stigma associated with mental illness - it only stands in the way of people getting help. Oh hey, and I'm updating this, and now I have a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, and sometimes it's really hard not to be ashamed of that, but that's why I yell about it even louder!
7. I fail at keeping my FFN profile updated, it's currently 1/11/16, over a year since I updated this time... but when I came back from a long fanfic break a while ago, it hadn't been updated since early 2008.
8. My name is Kate or Katie. I've not been able to shake the childhood version of my name. Elsewhere I'm MissKatie or CallMeCrazy. Once upon a time when I was a stupid kid, I was JAGfan1. If you remember me from those days, please send me a message...
9. I'm currently 26 with a BA in Public Health and on disability due to various medical issues. I'm keeping busy by reading, writing, and a few other hobbies (thinks about currently unfinished puzzle on the living room table...)
9 1/2. (Told you I was too lazy to renumber). I practice karate, I earned my green belt when I was 14 and just recently started to train again.
10. I'm a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (I help parents keep their kids safe in the car) and car seat questions are never unwelcome! Incidentally, the accompanying knowledge of crash dynamics is rather helpful with fanfic writing, so please excuse excessive references to the iliac crest, etc. (Wow, seriously, Google Chrome? You don't recognize that 'iliac' is a word? No, I did not mean to say 'lilac'.)
11. I'm insecure about my writing - actually about a lot of things - so it takes a bit of effort to get up the courage to publish. I'm currently trying to finish a long term WIP and publish it because I felt I had something unique to bring to the premise... but it's slow going. I do thrive on feedback, including *constructive* criticism... but nobody likes flames, so if you have those, please keep them to yourself.
12. I hold other fanfic authors in the highest reverence and try to review at least once per story (otherwise this can be a thankless job - although there is some internal satisfaction to writing something great).
13. I love post-eps and ep inserts - and if no one has written one for an idea that's in my head, I have to write it myself!
14. I rarely read unfinished multichaps (if I do, it's a huge compliment to the author) because I've been left hanging before and it's no fun - but I understand the 'real life' thing and I don't want to be another irritating person who just begs for updates.
15. I am involved with an organization called Reece's Rainbow which helps orphans with special needs in orphanages around the world find forever families, and I love it dearly. I am almost always doing some sort of auction, fundraiser, benefit, or something, for RR. Please, check them out, you wouldn't believe the conditions these kids are in. I am not naive and when I saw, I was shocked.
16. I shaved my head and eyebrows in January 2013 as part of a fundraiser for the aforementioned organization. You can read about this at the blog I'll mention later.
17. I have two blogs. My personal blog is callmecrazycbus.blogspot.com, and my orphan advocacy blog is crazy-arewethereyet.blogspot.com. Feel free to read!
18. My number one goal in life is to be a mom.
19. I have endometriosis, which sucks and complicates #18.
20. I'm a bit of an escapist and when life gets ugly I tend to bury myself in the lives of my fictional characters. Life has gotten a bit ugly over the past few years, so I've been doing this a lot.
21. I have three 'children of my heart' who are 16, 12, and 6, but after the aforementioned 'life getting ugly over the past few years', I was unable to see the younger two for three years and it was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced. In June a twist of fate brought them back into my life and I couldn't be happier to write that we just celebrated Christmas together again for the first time in far too long. The yellow flower in my profile picture is a marigold that my 12 year old brought home for me on Mother's Day 2012, when it was just a little sprout she planted in school... with a card that said "Dear Katie, Happy Mother's Day!" A month and a half later she was gone, and that flower meant the world to me... it always will.
22. I just realized these things were rather depressing so far, so I decided to inform you all that I find llamas amusing.
23. I don't like dogs. At all.
24. Ooh. I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games. Katniss/Peeta all the way. Haven't delved into fanfiction for that... something about them being teenagers and me HAVING a teenager... LOL.
25. Pinging off that last one, I have the greatest respect for Suzanne Collins for writing that whole story from first person present tense. That is a HARD medium to write in!
26. I think they should make nose coats. Coats for your nose, that hook around your ears,and keep your nose warm when it's really cold. I made a prototype and I wear it to zoo lights every year. Obviously I'm not easily embarrassed.
27. I was a total nerd in school and I have no regrets.
28. I have had a total of twelve surgeries since I turned 18, so, in eight years. Three of them occurred within the same 24 hours, as the first one, which was supposed to be simple, went bad and required two more surgeries before a skilled surgeon and a blood donor saved my life. I spent a week in the hospital. That was early 2011. I still have the chronic pain that caused me to have the surgery, not to mention my abdomen looks like a busted magnadoodle with all the surgical scars. But not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for the doctor who stayed calm in the face of my terrifyingly low blood pressure, and the stranger who gave their own blood to save my life.
29. My best friend passed away after a five and a half year battle with cancer on July 15, 2011. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. She humored my fanfiction addiction quite well.
30. I'm very petite... but if I've got a medium size pizza and you try to share it with me, you may not come out alive.
31. My absolute favorite thing to do is spend time with my family. Very few people have come into my life and stayed - so I really appreciate the ones who do.
32. I have a 3 year old black and white cat named Marbles (so when he's hiding, I can walk around saying "I've lost my Marbles!") and I'm currently fostering kittens for a rescue I volunteer with until they're old enough to be spayed/neutered and go up for adoption. I love cats, especially black cats! Early in 2015 I actually brought one of my former foster kittens back home to recouperate from an upper respiratory infection, and we fell in love with him... so now Tumblebug is our beloved "foster failure".
33. I uhm. Like reading M!fic. *Blush*
34. I identify strongly with the female leads in my favorite shows. I know they're fictional, but sometimes a character's strength helps give me strength.
35. I have double jointed thumbs and I will take ANYONE on in thumb wrestling and WIN. ;)
36. I'm a grammar/spelling enthusiast... please try to use these devices correctly if you want to be taken seriously as a writer.
37. When fanfic writers misspell characters names, it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
38. I love footie pajamas. I have leopard ones and kitty ones. And I rock them too. I used to have skull and crossbone ones, but they died tragically while I was in the hospital this year. RIP footie pajamas.
39. I'm always up for talking to anyone about anything, so feel free to PM me - just forgive me when I don't friend everyone on facebook, etc - life has taught me that you do have to take certain precautions even though the majority of people are good.
40. Did I mention I like fanfic recommendations? Especially a well-written post-ep or M!fic... ;)
41. I feel like I originally concluded this in some way but I can't think of anything now so um, the end.