Author has written 11 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Clique, Mortal Instruments, and Harry Potter.
Uh, welcome? I'm Rachel/Rae/RaeRambles. Call me whatever you like. Call me Ishmael.
I used to be rainydayluver but my hatred for that username won out and I changed it.
I could write you a list of all the fandoms I love but we'd be here for a while. I write mainly for the Mortal Instruments, because I've read those about a hundred times and writing them is easy as pie (I say this but I can't bake a pie to save my life). I used to write for Percy Jackson, but just fell out of the groove of that and haven't been able to get back in - I got the yips. Sometimes I flirt with the idea of writing for Harry Potter, but the issue of what to write about and my love for Sirius Black doesn't always work out so well.
PM me about anything, I have no life.
I'm on AO3 under the same name, though I'm just starting to post there (and I'm really bad at figuring out how the site works).
My picture is from my best friend's photo blog: sixducks.tumblr.com
Eleven things to know about me:
1. I'm pretty socially awkward. I just say the weirdest stuff and I don't even know where it comes from, I tend to ramble. (Hence the username?) So, yeah, you have been warned.
2. I'm in high school, which means that I'm drowning in homework but I'm also procrastinating living.
3. Percy Jackson is like my first love. But I sort of struggle to write it now because I can't get into the characters as much as I used to be able to.
4. I'm still mourning James and Lily Potter. They've been dead the entire series and I'm still not over their death.
5. I love Doctor Who. But writing for Doctor Who would be hard and I'm not sure I will ever be up for that challenge.
6. I love Harry Potter too. James and Lily remember?
7. I love murder and serial killers, but am not one myself. I promise. Scouts honour. Avatar promise.
9. Someday when I get off my backside, I will write a crossover (that isn't the Infernal Devices characters popping up in my Mortal Instruments fics).
10. I mostly write AUs because that way the characters don't have to be totally in character - most of the time they won't be because I'm terrible. Often I'll see something and be inspired to write about different characters in the same story.
11. I say y'all because I like watching Ellen. I'm not from the south. At all. I'm from Canada.
This is a quick note to anyone who has read my stories in the past: My story "TLH reads The Lightning Thief" has been removed, like many of the stories that are like it. Sorry, but I really don't think I'm going to be continuing it because it became really hard to write. Please PM me if you have any more questions or if you would like to be notified if I do repost it.
Oh yeah, and I should apologize now for some of the stories I wrote. Younger me was a hot mess. Oh my god. We're not going to go there. We won't. I'll just leave it at that.
Why the 'xx'?
They're kisses. I'm kissing everyone that reads my stories. Twice. Got a problem?
One of my best friends Georgia always signed off with kisses and when I asked why, she said "the world can always use a little more love." They're my way of giving you guys the same love that you give to me.
"So... Big City hasn't been updated... have you died?"
Nope! I'm just super swamped with school work and basically unable to be anything other than my unorganized pancake self. It will get completed, someday. (Hopefully soon?)