Poll: I have noticed, as I read many of the glorious fics out there, that I start to lose patience in fics that are really long. I have mentioned that "Schooled" is essentially an endless story, but that doesn't mean it has to be one, long fic. I am a really voracious reader, but must admit I have just quit in stories or skipped to the end, even when I love the story, because it just seems like it takes too damn long to read when there are so many other awesome stories out there waiting. So, I ask you what you prefer: Vote Now!
Author has written 9 stories for Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pitch Black / Riddick, and Sherlock.
This is what I've learned:
1) sometimes, Fate really does pick a person as a chew toy. Just call me Squeaky.
2) trying to keep readers informed on my situation and goals mostly just pisses them off.
3) readers whom I apparently know well enough to give them my name have no compunction about USING that name in FFN.
4) school officials who argue writing what I do is dangerous for my children USE that fact (see point 3) to prove their point. Because of that, I LOST what should have been a foolproof argument. Thanks for that.
5) I will update when I am off the latest hook. Or not, because Fate fucks with me and I am done being insulted for trying to keep you informed. Did I expect anger? Yes, and fully understood it. Did I expect my supposedly friendly readers to use my own page to blast and insult me and give the world my real name despite them knowing I was subject of a witch hunt? No. At the very least, I thought those to whom I have given my name were all smart enough to guard it, especially in light of the issues with my kids.
So, no promises. No explanations. When they post, they post. I am done agonizing. Plus side? New meds slow arrhythmia episodes within half an hour, so no more scary trips to doctor for a while.
To be clear, I am NOT angry at reader anger. I deserve it, whether you felt the delays valid or not. (Even if you don't think they are valid, believe that they are REAL. Or don't. I'm done fretting, as I now have actual proof that stress will kill me.)
It will go as life allows. So mote it be.
PS: to you crazy-loyal readers who did not vilify me, my deepest gratitude. And to Winter Mother, my brightest blessings.