Author has written 18 stories for Mario, Harry Potter, and Song of the Lioness.
Greetings, dear readers, strangers and wanderers. You have stumbled upon the page of the noble, the wise and the weird Hip, as well as some other works by FireLily (see below). Actually, I’m unsure whether I am any of those descriptions, but I do try.
I'm the writer of Shards of Love, Royal Trouble, and the Four Sages series (Idea/outlined since 2001 as a SOL sequel, but revamped as a "No BxP" alternative to SOL in 2016). These three series contain my personal headcanon on Mario, Bowser, and the overall Mushroom World since I first started Shards of Love in May 2000.
I used to share this account with my "sister" FireLily (who's technically my biological niece, although we're the same age). In fact, several of the stories are actually collaborations between her and me, and a few she actually wrote herself. Only the Mario ones being one-hundred percent mine.
By the way, thanks for visiting, reading, reviewing, favoriting, and following!
Name: Just call me Hip. I’ve had that nickname for quite awhile.
Date of Birth: July 27, in the Year of the Dragon.
Stories: I wrote all the Mario stories, FireLily wrote all the Song of the Lioness stories, and we collaborated for all the Harry Potter stories. Simple, right?
Story Types: Humor and parodies, with a dramatic, romantic, or Magical/Sci-Fi themed story or two.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3836-6246-9982 (Feel free to add me, especially for MK8 and SSBU)
- Shards of Love: Peach gets kidnapped after her wedding with Mario. But after experiencing an upheaval relating to the Koopas' history, she decides her love to Mario is dead and gone, and a new love may be cropping up.
- Current status: ON HOLD (I decided to type up the entire story before I make new updates, then do weekly updates. I focused too much on a chapter rather than how it should relate to the overall story's pacing. I'm aiming at having all chapters up by the end of 2022)
- Stats: over 35,000 views, 90 favorites, 110 followers, and 110,000 words! Thank you for 20 years of wonderful support!
- Also on the recommended Mario fanfics page on TVTropes! I never thought I’d get a recommendation anywhere nor did I ever try, so this was a great bonus. Thank you!
Expected length: ~50 chapters
- Royal Trouble: Civil War drives the three eldest Koopalings to the Real World. While Ludwig and Lemmy grew up in great conditions, Roy's situation is less than optimal. After finding a pipe back to the Mushroom Kingdom, he must get accustomed to his natural home.
Expected length: 14-15 chapters
- Return of the Four Sages 1: Royal Flush: Multiple royal figures disappear, causing skepticism within the multiple countries of Plit. But these disappearances are from obtaining knowledge of a dark secret; anyone who learns of it will be abducted.
Estimated length: 18 chapters (Finished with 18!)
- Return of the Four Sages 2: Empires Overboard: Book #2 of the Return of the Four Sages series. This story reflects an ages-old evil taking advantage of Book 1's dark secret.
Estimated length: 16 chapters
Future Stories (titles subject to change):
- Return of the Four Sages 3: World of Refuge: Book #3. As the destruction of multiple societies only intensified since Book #2, the characters of the Mario Universe must learn to seek refuge while simultaneously fighting the same evil.
- Return of the Four Sages 4: The New Age: Book #4. A new age begins to descend upon society, and the Four Sages must appease the gods responsible for its inauguration.
More in-depth summaries are not given due to potential spoilers.
To my dear Moose,
I may be thousands of kilometres away from you, but remember that although I am not with you physically, I will always think of you and wish for your success in life. I am so thankful for finding a good-natured, talented young woman like you during my high school career, and I'm thankful that God allowed us to cross paths.
Although you visited me for only months at a time for the past six years, words cannot describe how much I miss you being by my side the months you aren't with me. Though rough seas split the two of us physically, you will always have my heart, my love, my hope, and I know that you feel the same way. You are the cure to my bad days, the catalyst of my good days and the spark of energy pushing me along when all I want to do is to give up and collapse.
Moose, I am the luckiest guy in the world to have you as my love and for me to be yours. I would never trade you, nor all the memories we formed together, for all the riches the entire universe has to offer us. You are an important piece of my life; an irreplacable piece makes me who I am today. I thank you for being patient enough to befriend a silly ... whatever... like me since 2000 and dating me eight years later.
With my infinite love,