Author has written 32 stories for Ranger's Apprentice, Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Merlin, and Lord of the Rings.
So after ages of being on this site I finally decided to put some stuff on my profile. It'll be pretty basic but there's no harm, I guess. So here goes...
Name: Elf Knight
Location: Rivendell and the Shire, Middle-Earth
Of course none of the above is true but we can all dream, right?
Anything by Tolkien primarily The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lost Hero, The Red Pyramid & Throne of Fire (forgot the series title) all three novel series are writen by Rick Riordian, Ranger's Apprentice by John Flannagan, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, The Belgariad by David Eddings (none of his other works), Stardust, Neverwhere, and The Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman, Faerie Wars (I think they're called that although I forgot the title), The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, Harry Potter by Rowling, The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, There are some more but I forgot their titles. I'll post them if I can remember
Favourite Movies: The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia (minus Prince Caspian slightly although I liked the book), Harry Potter (they were okay, but the books were better), The Matrix, Stardust, Braveheart, Robin Hood (2010 version), Fired Up (epic!!), Accepted, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man I & II, Thor, Cowboys and Aliens, The King's Speech, The Abduction Club, Virgin Territory, A Knight's Tale, and a bunch of other's I can't recall right now - How to Train Your Dragon too
Favourite TV Shows: Lost (first couple seasons were okay), Legend of the Seeker, Camelot, The Misfits, Game of Thrones (EPIC), Stargate: Atlantis (a new favourite), Star Trek: Enterprise, Robin Hood BBC, Full Metal Alchemist, again there are a few others I can't remember as I only saw one or two episodes of them
Primary Dislikes About Harry Potter:
Author's Note: Sorry if this comes out a little strong, as I don't mean it to really. It's just that these factors and a couple more really irk me whenever I read about them in canon. Also, I do like Harry Potter and that fandom is what mainly populates My Favourites on my profile. I take it in moderation though and it's not like I'm gonna worship the ground Rowling walks on or wear a pointed witch hat in public, no offence. Just wanted to clear that up before you guys all read this and get the wrong idea.
So without further ado, I present you my list of pet peeves concerning the Harry Potter Saga...
PROFILE UPDATE: This could be argued against, but I just wondered one main thing about Harry Potter's love interest with Ginny Weasley. The strange and slightly disturbing thing is that Ginny looks like Harry's mum.
However, Harry also considers the Weasleys to be a family to him and the one he never had. Ron is counted as his best mate sometimes and is almost like his brother. This would stand to reason that Harry is prone to incest which is very disturbing, and alarming. Wonder what Mrs. Rowling was thinking when she wrote that.
Anyhow, on a lighter side this little thought of the day is about Dramione (DracoXHermione) that seems to be pretty popular like DracoXHarry or more so, even. The thing I thought was pretty funny was that if Draco and Hermione ever have kids, their children might turn out with orange hair. Don't know how that popped into my head but I thought it was kind of amusing for Dramione fans.
Since Hermione has brownish/redish hair (from what I got in canon) and Draco has blond hair. I cuold be totally wrong but that's what I thought. So there's a random little factor since my rant bellow is kind of bleak. Do read on though, as I'd really appreciate it and feel free to PM me about any thoughts concerning this.
Now onto the Harry Potter rant ~
1. It freaking copies The Lord of the Rings way too much. Don't believe me if you want but it's true. Some important ways are...
2. The Horcuxes of Lord Voldermort can be likened unto the One Ring that Frodo Baggins must destroy. It actually is linked to Sauron's soul (the all-seeing eye in his dark tower) and will gain him a body if he gets it back. That's the whole reason why Frodo has to destroy it as he's the only one strong enough to carry it (Deathly Hallows, anyone?). If nothing more, one of the Horcuxes was a ring and a golden one at that.
3. Characters. Okay, so this is kind of stupid but I've noticed that many of the characters from the Harry Potter Saga are alarmingly like the LOTR characters. First and foremost is Dumledore who is like Gandalf. Then there's Frodo who even looks like Harry Potter without the curly hair. Merry and Pippin are like the Weasley twins. Aragorn can also be likened unto Harry in a strange sense. Gandalf died to save the Fellowship and came back to life as a white wizard much like Harry had to die to destroy the Horcuxe inside him. There are so many more but I'm not gonna bother right now.
4. The whole Dark Lord and prophecy about the end of time is so obviously like that. Believe it or not, I think I remember prophecies in some of Tolkien's earlier works like The Hobbit (mentioned briefly at the end) and even in a latter work published after his death called The Children of Hurin. I don't need to say anything more as that's really evident.
5. The whole Horcuxe Hunt is similar to how Frodo has go embark on a quest to destroy the One Ring not to mention how the temptation the Slytherin Locket gives its wearers is very like the One Ring.
6. Certain magical creatures (aka Trolls) are already in The Lord of the Rings and also barrowed from Narnia (Centaurs, Unicorns, etc)
7. The whole Hero/Mentor thing between Harry and Dumledore is kind of like the one between Gandalf and Frodo because Gandalf did manipulate things ever so slightly although Frodo didn't go all angsty (no offence anyone)
8. Frodo didn't have any parents, did you know that? Bilbo, his uncle really, adopted him because he needed an heir and wanted to do something good with his life while it lasted since he was very old. EDIT: Thanks to someone who probably wishes to remain anonymous, I was kindly informed that Frodo's parents were not killed by Orcs or goblins. Rather, they died by getting drown in the river near their home that they would often travel on by boat for fun. I remember that now, as Hobbits were very afraid of boats and rivers/lakes/etc. However, Frodo's parents weren't.
9. Let's not forget how the Wealsey family can be easily likened unto Hobbits in their beloved Shire to the keen observer although people will pick this apart with all the modern stuff.
Well, I think that's enough said. I provided enough details to see that Rowling wasn't really such a geniouse as she derived this from a whole bunch of stuff. In fact, did you know that there is a novel series by Neil Gaiman based on a comic book series by him of the same name that is VERY similar to the Harry Potter Saga? It's called The Books of Magic and if I saw it right it was writen 30 years prior to the Harry Potter series although that could be wrong.
It was made a long time ago though and is about an English boy with messy black hair, green eyes, round glasses, and a yo-yo turned into an owl who gets taught magic by four men in trench coats. They take him to a few parts of England but it's also in the USA and other places like the Faerie Realm and even the future. It's pretty interesting if not poorly writen at parts, but the fact that it was made before Harry Potter (if my sources are correct) says something.
Don't get me wrong though as I do like Harry Potter despite its downsides, although I like Harry Potter fanfiction more. I'm not super huge on character-bashing though and am pretty sick of it simply because it's over-done, over-rated, over-kill, etc. I think that Ron, Dumledore, and Ginny are the worst villains in all of Harry Potter fanfictional history even more so than Voldermort. They get bashed to pieces with no reason usually. Sometimes Ron even becomes an exact image of Draco Malfoy which is stupid.
True was a git and I don't like him so much, but go easy on the bashing yeah? Otherwise it gets so cheesy and cliche that it makes me wanna cringe. Moving on, one last thing I always wondered was why on earth didn't Harry get together with Hermione? True they differed during the Half-Blood Prince but they were all so different then it was kind of odd. Maybe if Harry didn't use the book (although we all love seeing him powerful), then he could get Hermione's attention instead of Ginny's.
Whatever the case, I'm a new convert to HarryXHermione and think HarryXGinny was a load of dragon dung. What she said to Harry when he broke up with her and the fact that she didn't cry or get angry at her boyfriend (The Boy Who Lived, Chosen One, etc) dump her no less says something about that. It was like she was satisfied with her time with him and that was that. Also, one thing I've noticed is that Harry always thinks of Hermione first in like the second or third book onwards.
Not too sure but that's what I remember. She always stuck by him and they would have been good together if Harry hadn't been wallowing in self-pity, angst, and remorse etc. He was feeling sorry for himself way too much in the series and that kind of killed it. Made us wonder if he was an emo or something (no offence) although there are happy moments. That was also one of the issues in the Harry Potter series I felt should have been changed.
It was still a great series though and without it we wouldn't have fanfiction. So I'll end this rant now before I bore you to death. I have a host of other things to say (even about other novels I mentioned) but that's for another time. Now that you're here, do check out my stories and even if it looks like I haven't worked on them in years I try my best to update them. Right now my main projects are Christopher's Quest and Champions of Middle-Earth.
Any advice, suggestions, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Goodbye for now!
Unsafe External Link