Poll: What fandom should I write for next? Vote Now!
Author has written 35 stories for Supernatural, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Flash, and Moonlight.
Welcome to my profile :) And yes, it really does say 'Muffy the Dough Slayer'. You're not going mad.
Call me: Muffy (or Jess)
Note: I've had this account for years. Everything pre-2012 is probably utter shit. I wouldn't recommend reading it. Just a quick head's up.
Fun fact: I am a night owl so most of my updates come very late at night/early morning. I also suffer from migraines and have meds for it, but it makes me very loopy, so there are probably typos and whatnot in my stories.
Stories: A lot of them are on hold, mostly the Supernatural ones. Sad to say I am probably only going to finish Steady Now and Reverberating Footsteps. I'm sorry. My others are Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and the Flash related. Flash is being updated regularly; Mass Effect and Dragon Age will be updated eventually, but playing through the games takes time. A lot of time.
That's about it for now.
Oh, and I like to take on challenges ;)
Fictionpress Link (again since sometimes it doesn't work): http://www.fictionpress.com/Averick
The Flash (2014 CW Show)
Quick note - so far most of these are part of a series.
Of Sleep, Nightmares and Friends - Rated T. Pre-slash if you squint, friendship otherwise. They don't plan to start sleeping together. It just sort of happens one night. Or, Cisco and Barry have nightmares after the events of season 1, and find comfort in each other.
All These Things That I've Done Series:
(1) Last Call for Sin - Pre-slash, kinda. "Flash has a soft spot for coffee. A kid after my own heart. Or is your soft spot for cold criminals?" "See, that right there, that's what makes me think you're flirting." "And if I was?" Or, Captain Cold offers the Flash an offer he can't refuse.
(2) Til the Fear is Leaving - Slash. Rated T. "My name is Barry Allen." Or, Len finally learns the Flash's identity, and some fluff ensues.
(3) A Pretty, Painted Picture - Slash. Rated T. Enemies don't let their enemies touch their tattoos. Or, Barry's always been fascinated by tattoos, especially Len's. Fluff - and Lisa - ensues.
(4) Speaking a Dead Language - Slash. Rated T. Today is not the day for Barry to be thinking about anything. Especially his relationship status with a criminal named Leonard Snart, who moonlights as Captain Cold, the Flash’s enemy. Or, it's the anniversary of Barry's mother's death, and for once, a part of him doesn't want to be alone...
(5) I've Got Soul but I'm Not a Soldier - Slash. Rated T. Barry is... important. Their fling isn't a fling, it's more than that, and right now a part of Len is wondering if he will get the chance to tell that to Barry. Or, there's a Singularity above Central City and the Flash has decided to run into it, meanwhile Captain Cold waits for his return... if he returns... and despite his cool exterior, Leonard Snart is not a very patient person.
(6) More Than This - Slash. Rated T. Life enjoys its twists and turns. Might make different summary later.
Quick note - Most of these stories will feature hurt!Shepard of some kind, be it emotionally or otherwise because we honestly don't really see any of that in the game, and I feel like it should be addressed :P
Medical Red Tape - Rated T. Follows from Mars through to Leviathan DLC. Kaidan has a lot of time to think while in the hospital after Mars. About Saren, the Collectors, and most of all, Shepard and the crew. Did he ruin everything with his doubts and accusations, or is there still a chance to fix their friendship? Or... become even more? Kaidan's never quite sure where he stands with Commander Ryan Shepard, and Shepard isn't making it very easy on him. Maybe they could work through everything if it weren't for the fact Kaidan can't help but have all these doubts despite the fact he swore he would never doubt the man again. Oh, and the war. That's pretty distracting. As if that wasn't bad enough, Shepard seems to be incapable of looking out for himself. That's okay, though - that's what Kaidan's there for. Complete. Story continued in Vindicated.
Vindicated - Rated T. Follows through AU-ish version of Citadel DLC. Sequel to Medical Red Tape. In the wake of a mission gone wrong, Hackett forces the crew to take some much needed shore leave on the Citadel. However, things quickly get complicated when there's a threat on Shepard's life, and by default, everyone else's, too. They may need a vacation from this vacation! In the height of the aftermath of a badly blown mission, Kaidan is relieved when Hackett orders them to take some shore leave. Despite Shepard's misgivings, it's for the best of everyone. When a Shepard look alike takes over, though, it's a race to find the real Shepard and convince the others of the danger before the not-Shepard takes control - permanently. Features lots of hurt!Shepard and worried!Kaidan. Complete. Story continued in Slow Spinning Redemption.
Slow Spinning Redemption - Rated T. Follows through Eden Prime/Javik mission through Thessia and maybe beyond, depending. Recommend reading Vindicated first but I guess it's not necessary. Saving his clone and offering him a position on the Normandy has certain repercussions. It's hard for the crew to accept him since he recently tried to murder their commander. Kaidan's less than thrilled, but his outrage is overshadowed only by Shepard's stubbornness in giving the clone a chance. It's a long road to redemption, and Kaidan's not so sure the clone can pull this off. Thankfully there's a war to distract him, as well as Shepard's tendency to get himself into trouble. Attempting to keep him safe is a full time job, but a job Kaidan's more than willing to accept.
Save Me from Myself - AU, rated T for now but that might change. A remix of my drama club story for Supernatural, Hear Me Now, changed and fitted for Mass Effect. Kaidan's by himself a lot, bitter and angry. But that's what happens after tragedy strikes; you close in on yourself. Being part of the background's easy. That is until he meets Shepard, who is energetic and friendly and everything he didn't know he was looking for. Maybe, just maybe, he can leave the background and be somebody to someone. But nothing gold can stay. Eventual MShenko slash.
Ruin - AU of ME2, or may irritation at all the mistrust everyone instantly has for Shepard. Includes OMC (original male character) and Shepard romance eventually. Rated T for now. Engineer Malcolm "Mal" Shepard wakes up to chaos. It's been 2 years since he died but it feels like yesterday. His life in ruins, he must regain the trust of his crew, walk away from something he thought was real, and launch a suicide mission. All the while attempting to figure out his newest teammate, a human named Kiyo Montoya. M/M Male Shepard/OMC pairing. Rated T for now.
This Isn't Kirkwall series: (This series is connected with A Mess You'd Wear with Pride; they take place in same universe but focus on different characters)
(1) In This Silence Find Your Home - Male mage Hawke/Fenris. Takes place after they flee Kirkwall. Rated T to be safe. It's the silence that gets to him the most, these days. The silence of being outside of Kirkwall, on the run yet again as a true apostate. Dragging Fenris along with him seems rather unnecessary, but getting the elf to see this is more difficult than expected. Especially when Fenris is an expert with that eyebrow of his.
(2) This Isn't Kirkwall - Chronologically takes place after In This Silence Find Your Home. Male mage Hawke/Fenris. Male rogue Inquisitor Trevelyan/Dorian Pavus. Rated T to be safe. Fenris makes up his mind to travel to Skyhold in search of Hawke, after a letter from Varric. Skyhold is peaceful, with mages walking around freely. Different races intermingle. There is no crime to fight. Skyhold is quiet and peaceful, a frozen paradise. Skyhold isn't Kirkwall.
A Mess You'd Wear with Pride series: (This series is connected with This Isn't Kirkwall; they take place in same universe but focus on different characters)
(1) The Cursed Gift - “So don’t look at this as a curse,” Dorian says, reaching for his hand. His fingers easily press against the mark as he turns his palm up.
(2) One of Those Days - Male rogue Inquisitor Trevelyan/Dorian Pavus. Rated T to be safe. What would he say? 'I'm sorry, I can't be the Inquisitor today, my hand hurts.' No - he can't say that.Some days find you down on your luck. If you're lucky, there's someone willing to help pull you back to your feet. Minor Here Lies the Abyss spoilers. Adamant spoilers. Aftermath.
The Justice in Surrender - AU take on story; Dorian and Callum meet before the game, along with Inquisitor!Hawke. Male rogue Trevelyan/Dorian Pavus. Male mage Inquisitor!Hawke/Fenris. Major spoilers for Inquisition, also very AU. Also, if you want to get picky, this is connected to 'A Mess You'd Wear with Pride' and 'This Isn't Kirkwall', because that universe is the one that's erased when the follower goes back with the amulet. A Corypheus follower gets a hold of the time amulet and successfully manages to go back in time and kill not just the Inquisitor, but the entire Trevelyan family. That's the official story, anyway. In truth, however, the youngest Trevelyan survives... and he's out for revenge.
The Cat of Skyhold series:
(1) The Death of Flirtation - Rated T for mentions of sex. Dorian/male rogue Trevelyan. Companion!Trevelyan. After Trevelyan gets Dorian's birthright back, he is indebted to the rogue no matter what he says. The only way he can think of to pay him back for his kindness, is to offer what he's been withholding for as long as possible: sex.
(2) The Death of Happiness - Rated T for mentions of sex and I think there's a curse word. Dorian/Male Rogue Trevelyan. Companion!Trevelyan. Not a break-up fic, Dorian is just an insecure, paranoid baby but I love him for it. There's a lot Dorian likes about Auryn Trevelyan, and he finds himself happy for the first time in a long time. Then Trevelyan says they need to talk, and this is how happiness dies.
FUN FACT: In the following list, all the things in (...) are things I wrote down. If you see them on someone else's profile, they got it from someone who got it from mine. Now I see it everywhere. Funny how life works ;) Small world!
Add these to your profile if...
You're one of those people who get excited when you see just two reviews
You have ever just wanted to SLAP someone, hard, across the face
You have gotten your friends addicted to the show
You can't listen to "Eye of the Tiger" anymore without cracking up
You've ever talked to yourself
You have ever watched TV, got to a commercial then completely forgot what you were watching
If Fanfiction to you is what MySpace is to other people
If you cried during any given Supernatural episode (I've only cried on the season 5 finale when images of previous episodes and seasons were playing and Chuck was talking in the background)
If you have actually considered getting an Impala for your first car (Mmm and I even did a report on it XD)
If several inanimate objects hate you irrationally for reasons unknown (The light switch has a shocking hatred for me...get it? Shocking? Hah I crack myself up :D)
If you sometimes absolutely have to write something (I have ACNWS...A Compulsive Need to Write Something. It happens!)
Jensen Ackles is the sexiest man alive. (...O.O...Oh yeah.)
Jensen Ackles is the best actor alive. (...Kind of goes with being sexy...so I might be bias but totally!)
If you have ever written something, loved it, but then next time you read it you hate it and completely rip it apart and completely rewrote it (So much wasted paper O.O)
If you've ever asked a really stupid, obvious question (And gotten strange looks...And then called a baka...ugh...when it was you who taught them the word in the first place...!)
If you are addicted to Supernatural (very much so...it is almost...probably...unhealthy O.o)
Thursday was the best day...but now Friday is the best day of the week because Supernatural is on (The happiness of those days almost equals a Saturday!)
If you have ever made someone watch Jensen Ackles' performance of Eye Of the Tiger even if they don't know the show (Duh! How could I not show it? Over and over and over...O.o)
If you've ever wished you could go into a book and strangle some of the characters for being so incredibly dumb or rude (Mostly the preppy females...)
If you enjoy copying and pasting these copy and paste thingys, copy and paste this onto your profile. (I ran out of paste...)
If people think you are mentally insane... (this is sad but very true...sigh)
If you spend multiple hours each day reading or writing or a combination of both... (It's slowly taken over my life, yes)
If you hear voices of the characters in your head... (they are demanding and loud)
If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room (sadly, I've done this several times...like today, for instance...)
If you have ever been so obsessed with something that now everyone is scared of you because of its effects... (mostly just with Supernatural or various book series...depending)
If you or your best friend is insane (oh, completely...the institute has been searching for us...shhhh)
If you know someone who should get run over by a bus (ALL PREPS AT SCHOOL!)
If you have ever zoned out for more than five consecutive minutes (haha yeah and then I'm like "where did the time go?!")
Muffy the Dough Slayer