Author has written 96 stories for StarTrek: Voyager, Avengers, Captain America, James Bond, Hawkeye, Thor, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man.
I have a full-time job and a family, including a smart and funny teenaged daughter, and spend way too much time on airplanes. Fan fiction is my practice ground for "doing it for real" at some point; alas, real Life tends to intervene in my ability to write as much as I'd like. I intend to change this by winning the lottery. Wish me luck! :-)
Happily, writing fan fiction has introduced me to some wonderful and (reasonably) sane people who do the same thing, and I no longer feel like the total geek that my husband thinks I am. You saved me a gazillion dollars in therapy ... ;-) Best of all, the friends I have made and those of you who take the time to correspond -- you know who you are -- have made this whole endeavour so much more rewarding than I ever thought it could be.
I've been a Star Trek fan since forever, and am convinced that Voyager has by far the best character development and interaction of all five series, even if the writers let us down on occasion. My favourite is Tom Paris, the most multi-faceted character and the one with the strongest arc -- the true "Voyager" of the series. Endless story potential.
My 'verse isn't always the cheery utopia Gene Roddenberry envisioned back in the 1960s, but then again, even Gene regularly grappled with issues such as genocide, ethnic cleansing, war crimes and political intrigue... I do take the occasional fluff/humour/mush break though, because Star Trek!
I adored the movie: A good and funny script with the occasional unexpected depth, a healthy dose of political cynicism, 24 karat mayhem, and some damn fine acting. What movies should be. I was particularly struck by the two non-superpowered heroes, Hawkeye and Black Widow, their obvious history, closeness and humanity. I don't know what it says about me that I'm interested in people who kill for a living... And now I've even started to read some of the comics, but my characterization is mostly MCU. My back stories for the characters are a blend of select bits from the comics and my own head canon. Captain America:The Winter Soldier injected a bit of darkness into the latter, while Age of Ultron threw a few monkey wrenches. Oops.
My icon, Fred, is by the amazingly talented B-Dub33. Check out her work on Deviantart!
Below is a list of my Voyager stories in their proper chronological order within my little universe:
1. Downfall Caldik Prime and its aftermath. No one is immune to gravity.
2. Lord of the Dance Tom Paris and Chakotay on the Valjean. Welcome to the Maquis.
3. Grace Tom Paris in Auckland.
TALES FROM THE DELTA QUADRANT
4. Sunrise Over Montmartre Season #1, immediately after "Parallax". Tom Paris pretzels time, loses girl in the City of Love. Harry springs for Scotch.
5. Possibilities Did Starfleet and Maquis crew members really get along that well, that fast? Ask the guy whom nobody likes what might be possible.
6. Behind the Walls Season #1, shortly after "Cathexis". Meet the mouse in Jefferies Tube #32! J/P relationship piece; mild precursor to "Questions," if you need one.
7. Questions Season #2 post-Threshold. Every VOY writer has a J/P in them; this is mine. Originally conceived as a one-off, but has started to reverberate a little in all directions ...
8. Far From Home Season #2, somewhere between "Meld" and "Lifesigns." Mistrust and hidden agendas abound; Tom Paris is in the middle, and Chakotay at the receiving end.
9. When the Hurly-Burly's Done Early Season #3, right after "Basics". Some after-action clean-up is required, both in Tom's quarters and inside his head.
10. Chasing the Dream Early Season #3 just after "The Swarm." Tom and Harry meet an interesting alien in a bar; proto-P/T. A paean to space exploration.
11. Efficiencies Season #4, set during the Year of Hell. Seven and Tuvok discover that kindness is neither illogical nor irrelevant.
12. At the Bottom of a Glass Season # 5; Part 1 follows "Counterpoint," Parts 2 and 3 take place immediately after "Bride of Chaotica". Paris and Janeway empty a bottle and clear the air, following his demotion and her insistence on wearing something way too tight.
13. Arachnia's Vial Season #7 -- post "Prophecy." Slimy aliens and unforeseen consequences.
14. Free Lunch! Those culinary delights of the Delta Quadrant occasionally put up more of a fight that you'd expect.
MY VERY OWN POST-ENDGAME UNIVERSE
15. Choices My first ever story; it sets up my personal little post-Endgame world as Voyager returns to the Alpha Quadrant and its politics.
The Enterprise Year
16. The Andorian Incident Tom Paris' first diplomatic mission as XO on the Enterprise. Alien intrigue, a missing princess, and an unexpected journey into the shadows. Paging Captain Proton! Oh, and Will Riker discovers an intriguing new use for a deck of cards.
17. The Neutral Zone The Enterprise and its Voyager officers run into a ten-year-old Romulan secret, and Tom has some tough decisions to make. Bit dark in places, and my most personal/political piece to date.
18. Deep Water Just keep swimming ... Descent into the absurd.
19. Responsibilities Tom Paris' final mission on the Enterprise: a lethal battle a world away pits the Prime Directive against the 'Paris principles.' Tom and Will need a good lawyer.
20. In the Moonlight A transition piece, set the night before Voyager is recommissioned and placed under new management, as it were.
The Orion Trilogy
21. Off the Shoulder of Orion Tom gets used to being the Captain and issuing orders, and discovers that an insidious enemy is spreading its wings. Mystery, crime and betrayal.
22. After the Ashes How do you end a war? Old hatreds die hard, and there are always more than just two sides to a story. A tale of two worlds in search of a future.
23. Proof of Life This time it's personal ... A look at what we measure ourselves by when in the cross hairs. (In progress -- and YES I will update soon, but right now I'm running after a couple of other shiny things, not to mention sliding on the the curves thrown by RL ... sorry ...)
SKETCHES, DOODLES AND EXPLORATIONS (aka Really Short Things)
24. Ten Random Things Tom Paris Regrets (Not) Doing, And One He Doesn't Mind So Much, In Hindsight Just what the title says. Starts before "Caretaker" and ends at "Blood Fever".
25. Eleven Moments Tom Paris Has No Regrets About Whatsoever A slightly less angsty companion piece to "Ten Random Things"; from "Caretaker" all the way to "Drive."
26. Nothing But Time Tom sits and thinks, and it's not about his father, or what kind of an officer he wants to be when (if) he grows up. A lighter (yep ...!!) look at Thirty Days (Season Five).
27. Slow Burn My fast-forward take on a fire three years in the making; aka the half-Klingon approach to romance ("Caretaker" to "Revulsion").
28. Commanding Reasons Total fluff/crack. No redeeming value whatsoever, except for a seasonal reminder that Voyager has a basement, and that Sickbay is no place for the faint of heart.
29. Five Times the Captain Ignored the Doctor ... Six 100-word drabbles about a relationship we should have seen more of.
1. Five Times S.H.I.E.L.D. Tried to Recruit Clint Barton (And One Time He Said "Yes"). Basically what it says on the tin. Crossover with (folks from) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
2. Second Mouse A 007/Avengers fusion. Strange doings on the Isle of Skye -- S.H.I.E.L.D. and MI-6 join forces (sort of). Enter a mysterious redhead.
3. Five Times Clint Barton Loses His Train of Thought (And One Time Natasha Romanoff Does) Pretty much what the title says. Starts with scenes vaguely culled from Clint's comic backstory.
4. In the Service: Three Times Hawkeye Questions His Orders (And One Time He Doesn't) Three missions -- one just after Clint Barton starts with S.H.I.E.L.D., the one where he meets Black Widow, and one where they are partners (you catch a glimpse of it on a screen in the movie ...) -- plus the one where it all goes to hell.
5. Bound Early days of the Hawkeye/Black Widow partnership, and there are trust issues. Screwball fluff, with claws.
6. Warmth Pre-movie, set somewhere between Chapters 2 and 3 of "In the Service". Kazakhstan. November. The weather sucks. Really, really sucks.
7. Highway of Diamonds Pre-movie mission fic; dark. Clint and Natasha find out that a New Age cult is ... something else altogether. Trigger warnings.
8. Silver Bells A prompt challenge to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why people like Clint and Natasha might be found in close proximity to a miniature civilian. (Hint: They have to keep the baby alive, so they can give it back.)
9. Two If By Land Adventures in the SHIELD betting pool. Some things are best left to the pros!
10. AfterMath Paperwork sucks, especially when some things don't (or do) add up.
11. Going to Ground Clint and Natasha level out and discover something they've both been hiding from.
12. The Skies Over Manhattan New York is still standing -- now what? Clint/Natasha pairing, but the whole team turns up in different settings.
13. Loose Ends A Coda to "Second Mouse" set in the aftermath of the battle of Manhattan. Won't really work unless you've read "Mouse."
14. The Thing The question of the day: "Just why do so many people in SHIELD believe that Barton and Coulson are a Thing?" Companion piece/prequel of sorts to "The Pool".
15. The Pool Fluff/crack. Clint/Natasha pairing, albeit mostly featuring Steve, Bruce and Maria Hill.
16. Good Morning, New York What do two assassins, an AI and a morning talk show host have in common?
17. Bare We all have our soft spots. Assassins tend to hide theirs in a closet.
18. Show a Little Faith (There's Magic in the Night) Dustbowl A/U. ( Just because I'd never done an A/U, and said I probably couldn't.)
19. Dear Vladimir JARVIS meddles in Russian politics. He really shouldn't.
20. Angel of Mercy, Angel of Death An outsider's view of an assassin at work.
After the Fall of SHIELD
21. Safe House With trust in short supply,Maria Hill does not open her doors to just anyone.
22. Recurve Hawkeye, hunting snakes.
23. Shards Natasha, picking up pieces.
Age of Ultron-related
24. Vigil Pietro and Wanda Maximoff learn about Tony Stark.
25. Holding Out For A Hero Hawkeye, seen through the eyes of his son. Laura is not amused.
Agents of SHIELD
26. Five Times SHIELD Tried To Recruit Clint Barton (And One Time He Said "Yes") Clint, being elusive -- until SHIELD sends in the cavalry.
27. Five Times Maria Hill Exercises Her Judgment (And One Time She Picks Up The Pieces) Working for SHIELD means never a dull moment for Maria.
Guardians of the Galaxy
28. Double Deuce A Star-Lord, an Iron Man and a Black Widow walk into a bar.
29. Whistle Stop Clint is asleep on the couch when the starship lands.
Avengers Comment Fic Collections (include some crossovers):
30. Things to do with Paper Clips Three ficlets, and a bunch of reallyreally short stuff.
31. Band-Aids Two ficlets, one slightly cracky. One is M rated; the other, not.
32. Moments Mini-fics, wildly divergent -- humour, angst, A/U -- and occasionally crossing into Agents of SHIELD, Cap2 and Age of Ultron (sometimes compliant, sometimes ... not).