Author has written 16 stories for Alvin and the chipmunks.
Okay, I have no idea why you're exactly reading this, but this is my profile. :D
*Hold on, check our my new profile picture! Yup, I drew it myself without any reference. Took my freakin' 4 hours, though. You can even still see the old drawing at the background since it's sorta a recycled paper...*
I'm a Malaysian. And freakin' 17 years old! xD
Before you ask, yes, I am a boy, male. Once, WinddragonEternal thought I was a girl. Honestly, you can imagine how awkward that would be. :P
A bored boy, sitting in front of his computer, got tired of Starcraft II and I stumbled across this website. Really nice, I thought. I can now write some random stories, many are dull and grammar-wise, broken. Yet, the interesting part is that people actually read and give feedbacks based on my debris. Sure, I don't really major in literature or anything, but seeing people reading your stories, that feels nice.
Recently, I'm just messing around with words and plots. I've watched Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and I am a little disappointed. However, that can't be helped since the chipmunks on screen will always be naive and young, while the stories here are just epic and often, romance are portrayed. Romance inspires me: because I'm single... I guess?
But then, I went to watch the good old classic, Alvin and The Chipmunks: Meet The Wolfman, and sort of titillated me to write again. Wonderful, just purely wonderful. If you're wondering some questions about me, I hope these will answer you. Maybe, I don't know.
1. My favourite couple is Theodore and Eleanor. Cute! xD* I don't despise other couples though.
2. Strangely, I like the idea of Theodore and Brittany being a couple. *I have a shotgun! You'll make me pull the trigger if you say a thing about them!* It's just impossible. She's taller. She's braver. He can cook. He's the shy one. He's the chef and she's the cheerleader. That's why the idea of them together makes me feel excited.
3. I'm not the typical party-rock boy you'd would meet in school, nor a nerd in studying as well. I'm just different and in vain to describe myself. *Technically, random.*
4. English, specifically speaking, is my fourth primary language. I have Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Melayu, and seldom, some Teochew, Hokkien and German. So really, pity me, don't flame me when my story sucks badly. *I can actually be a translator already! :P*
5. You may have seen alot of Theodore/Eleanor stories in my written session, right? I'm not sure on how to say that. Anyway, the reason I love to write about them is simply because, well, check number 1. Not only that, they're quite a challenge to write. People are gonna say "They are just naive, shy or just some babies. How hard can it be to write about them?" You're so taking it wrong, man! They're freakin' hard to write! *Got owned by the writer block every day! :(*
Note: I don't think I will be updating for two particular stories: Our Summer House and The Heart Reaper. No, don't get me wrong. I like the plot, I really do. On the contrary, My style changed and I am not sure whether I can continue the story with my new format of writing. Some of it were pre-written but I figured it wasn't good enough to be posted. The new ones might be better. If you have opinions about this, you can PM me about it.
Really, I hardly would post those copy-and-paste things. But the ones below me is truly meaningful.
Jumping right to the point: REVIEW.
"Lack of reviews is the greatest killer of fan fic writers out there. We at the institute wish to let the public know of how they can pitch in to save our dying writers.
1) Drop a review every other chapter. It may not seem like much, but reviews are actually what many of us want to see. That, and hits. Hits do make us happy but we don't really know if people like our story or not.
2) Visit our author page. Those kind of hits really make us happy. It's where we showcase our entourage of friends, beta readers, and stories. Some of us even tidy up with set areas for upcoming story ideas and character bios.
3) Send an email. While normally I'd perfer a review, emails are just as good. Really, it warms my heart to communicate with another reader or writer."
What you call being "too lazy to review" is what we call "a flame to the pages" as the writers. That one minute or two that you felt "too lazy" to review is another minute of creeping discouragement that all writers feel as they begin to think...
"Why am I even here…?"
"What's even the point of continuing?"
"My skills must be terrible…no one cares for my story…"
"I'll never be a good writer...I quit."
These are only a few thoughts that go through every writer's head- that go through MY head- when we put out a chapter / story with all our heart and soul within, and we sit there…and sit…and wait…and not a single person says even a word.
If you're not a writer, you have NO IDEA how much that hurts…
If you ARE a writer, then I'm sure you know just how great it feels when someone is kind enough to leave a heartwarming and encouraging review, and you read it, smiling while thinking…"Wow…I did it…"
So, why not give fellow writers the same luxury here?
Too many times I've seen epic and utterly beautiful works of literary art fall to pieces before finally being abandoned due to the terrible discouragement that the lack of reviews can cause.
Sometimes, it is so severe that the very writer himself decides to quit, denying the world his skills of writing that I'm it would have deeply enjoyed.
Just one minute, that's all it takes. Just a few gentle taps of the fingers on your keyboard, a few seconds or so of your time, and your words can SAVE a writer from a dark demise.
Do me a favor: Go find a story, ANY story, anywhere here on Fanfic,net, and see if you can help it. If it has very little / no reviews at all, just check it out, and say whatever comes to mind.
And enjoy the thought in mind that you could have just SAVED that story, with just a few taps of the keyboard…
If you agree with what I have said then please copy and paste any part of this story you wish onto your profile.