Author has written 10 stories for Death Note.
My old profile seemed kind of outdated, so I decided to scrap it and start from scratch. So welcome to my new
To all my readers, thank you so much for reading, favoriting, following, and reviewing! Really, it means the world to me!
If you have any questions or suggestions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me. I won't bite, I swear!
An important note about my stories: I tend to go on hiatus from time to time. Sometimes for a long time. It's just a thing that happens. In the words of Andrew Hussie, creator of Homestuck, "It is nothing short of The Greatest Tragedy that a beloved story is held hostage to the ability of a single artist to continue creating it." So I'm so terribly sorry if/when I will have to go on hiatus. However, no matter how long the hiatus, I will never abandon a story.
About yours truly:
I have a couple different accounts across the internet under the name Amour en Rayures, but this is the only site I (currently) post on under that name. However, if you see this name somewhere (in a YouTube comment, for example), feel free to send me a message. Random conversations make for the best conversations. :) And in case you were wondering, Amour en Rayures is French. It translates literally as "Love in Stripes" but more accurately as "Love made of Stripes".
Perhaps you don't like online aliases. If this describes you, feel free to call me Nic.
My two main fandoms are Death Note and Homestuck (i.e., these are the two that I'm likely to post for). However, I also love Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), and Bleach. I could list my ships, but that would take up a considerable amount of time and space. I will say that my Death Note OTP is Matt and Mello, and my Homestuck OTP is Gamzee and Karkat (either flushed or pale), with Eridan and Sollux (either caliginous or flushed) coming in at a close second.
I spend a considerable amount of time procrastinating, drinking coffee, wasting time on the internet, reading manga, and listening to music. Sometimes all at the same time.
I love yaoi. I don't think this needs any elaboration.
I'm a Psychology and Women's & Gender Studies double major at university. You can blame 90% of all hiatuses, planned or unplanned, on my coursework. The other 10% you can blame on the fact that I'm ridiculously lazy.
Speaking of hiatuses, I will always try to update on a schedule (normally once a week). Despite my best intentions, this doesn't always happen, and there is a very good chance that I will unexpectedly disappear for weeks at a time. I will then proceed to apologize profusely when I finally return.
Want to know more or just talk? Feel free to PM me. See above comment on random conversations.
As soon as finals are over, I'll be writing a GamKar oneshot and then moving straight into formally planning Beautiful Nonsense [see below for details]. I have a lot of ideas for where I'd like to take this story, but I have nothing down on paper. That needs to change before I can start working on writing actual chapters.
I'd like to start out by saying that everything in this section is tentative. Many potential fics have made it to this section and have never come to pass. With that said, if I'm currently thinking of writing something, it'll be found here.
Beautiful Nonsense (Pale to flushed GamKar; humanstuck AU)
Favorite Worst Nightmare (MattxMello; AU)
Summary: Mello had never intended for things to happen this way. He’d never meant to be a cop who didn’t even bother to follow the laws he was supposed to upholding. He’d never wanted his ‘business’ relationship with that stupid redhead to go anywhere past that, and he’d definitely never wanted to fall in love again. But if Mello was one thing and one thing only, he was a hypocrite. AU.
Neon Hearts is currently being translated into French by the wonderful Jilano and Caela-chan. The translation is being posted to Jilano's account and can be found here. From what I've read so far, they're doing an excellent job, so if you are a French reader, I would highly recommend their translation of Neon Hearts as well as their other translations!
Unsafe External Link