Author has written 9 stories for Twilight, Criminal Minds, and NCIS.
I am over 40 and should know better but I love a good read. Try to keep an open mind on all subjects before deciding on my preferences. Happy to live and let live with whatever floats your boat. Discovered FF a while ago but after reading soooo many Het fics that all had the same MO I found SLASH.
NOTE: If my ffn account ever gets disabled or deleted due to my stories being over amorous, you will find me under the same name over at TWCS (The Writers Coffee Shop). It all depends on what I am doing with a scene, whether I post a less explicit version on ffn, and go all the way with the scene on TWCS. If this happens I will put a note in the story. I will do my best to keep within site restrictions.
Alternatively, please visit me at my author site where there will be original fiction for you to read.
www dot taylinclavelli dot com
Favorite pairings - in order of preferance
1. Edward/Jasper - Twilight
2. Gibbs/Tony D - NCIS
3. Reid/Morgan - Criminal Minds
4. Reid/Hotch - Criminal Minds
5. Edward/Jacob - Twi
5. Edward/Carlisle - Twi
6. Aragorn/Legolas - LOTR
6. Edward/Emmett - Twi
7. Edward/Rosalie. Rose is my favorite female in the twilight cast followed by Leah - they are the only females in the Twi cast that don't p* the Cr* out of me.
Mainly like crime stories and corporate espionage but the main criteria is a good story, not just lemons with an outline of story. Will read a range of genres and most SLASH pairings that include Edward. Read HET (many moons ago), have since learned my lesson
1. Top of the list has to be drabble stories. OHHH where to start. Generally I find them frustrating and a pain in the A. I recently saw one where the author literally posted 2 sentences - what a waste of time and energy, it would have taken longer to post than write. GAHHHHH. I realise that it is my choice to read or not to read, each to his/her own and all, but when they affect me by clogging the system stopping other authors from posting, all it does is put me in a bad mood for the day - not good. I have read the odd drabble fic in my time, but it has to be particularly outstanding or around the 500 word mark per chapter.
2. Stories that once started don't get finished and are left hanging without even a message saying that it is discontinued. Appreciate people taking a break from writing, mental blocks or RL taking over, but please let us know if you don't intend to continue - at least it can be removed from alerts and stop clogging the system. It's just frustrating.
3. Author's who say that 'If you don't review, I won't update'. YES, reviews give one hell of an ego boost and it is nice to know that people are reading and what they think, but as a reader, any author that threatens not to update unless I review - I either won't read or stop reading. I, like many readers out there initially only read completed stories. In my opinion, an author should write a story because it is in them and needs to be written. FFn is a labor of love, and as such, if you are writing for the sake of it then it is no longer fun.
I heard a saying on Criminal Minds - "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Cyril Connolly
4. Author's who after every chapter ask "Should I continue with this story" - GAHHHHH - it's almost as bad as No. 3 above. We as readers trust author's to finish their stories. There is nothing more annoying and hurtful than losing your heart to a story and it's characters only to be constantly held at randsom. The world has enough anxieties in it without such people adding to it - the stories contain enough drama.
5. When writers give a pairing as one thing, when in the end it is another. E.g Gibbs/DiNozzo when in the story it is DiNozzo/Ziva
Love Criminal Minds, NCIS, and Lord of the Rings FFn. Don't think I'll touch Harry Potter - on the whole I enjoy the movies, but I want to expeliamus Hermione and add 2 ft to the height of Harry. I like em tall!!!lol
Given the enforcement of the M rating - Many of my stories have transferred onto The Writers Coffee Shop - still under my author name maryhell. I have left parts of stories on ffn. To get the unadulterated versions to to TWCS.