Author has written 20 stories for Harry Potter, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Mechwarrior/Battletech, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Misc. Comics, Castle, Tomb Raider, and Chuck.
I started reading fanfiction in the 90s, back when I discovered the fanfiction mailing list (FFML). I joined Fanfiction.net in 2010, but I only started writing myself in 2014.
I try to answer every review - in a PM. That means that questions posed in anonymous reviews will not be answered.
I generally write every scene from the point of view of a character. That means there is no reliable narrator in my stories.
I am focusing on Harry Potter fanfiction, since that series has a lot of potential, despite the gaping plot holes in canon. At the same time though, that’s why I don’t care much about following canon. When I write, I pick and choose from canon what fits, and generally ignore what doesn’t fit a particular story - regardless if it’s from the books, the movies or Pottermore. Important for me is that the story works out, not that canon has been followed. I also don’t care for the often ridiculous excuses people come up with for blatant plot holes and plot devices.
I've got a few things that are generally the same in all my Harry Potter stories, even though the exact details may vary between the different stories:
- Wards exist. The idea that there are no permanent magical defenses makes no sense. Such defenses are commonly called wards, hence that is what I am using.
- Up until the Statue of Secrecy went into effect in 1692, the world wasn't divided into magical and muggle. Afterwards the Wizarding Countries were not always - or not at all - affected by changes in the muggle ones. There's no Magical United States of America, for example. Magical Germany wasn't united in 1871 - or at all.
- Veela are an all-female race, breeding with humans. Male offspring will be human (wizard or muggle), female offspring will always be Veela.
- Life debts require someone to risk their own life to save another. Jumping in to save someone who would (likely) have survived anyway won't create a debt. Saving someone without risking your life won't create one either.
- The wounds caused by dark curses are resistant to healing magic, but muggle methods can deal with them just fine since they do not use any magic that can be blocked.
- Arithmancy is used for Spellcrafting and analysing magic. Runes are used to enchant items.
- House-elves are not that powerful. They can't apparate or throw people around with telekinesis. They can work as well or a bit better than a human servant, and are generally fanatically loyal.
Here's some art I made for mine and other stories (since direct links are blocked on this site, copy/paste the link and remove the space before the //):
Cover pictures for my stories:
Fan Art for DianeCastle's "Hermione Granger and the Boy who lived (http: ///Story-30822/DianeCastleHermioneGrangerandtheBoyWhoLived.htm):
Black Dragon6 (16)
Captain Compass (17)
chem prof (32)
Cora Clavia (131)
Emma Lipardi (5)
Gregg Landsman (38)
Kryalla Orchid (49)
Lavanya Six (5)
lord Martiya (38)
Marion Hood (20)
Romantic Silence (64)
Rorschach's Blot (40)
Silent Magi (39)
Silently Watches (19)
Sweet Kagamine Kiss (114)
The Sage of Toads (11)
White Squirrel (27)