Author has written 7 stories for Grave of the Fireflies, Disney, Les Miserables, Memoirs of a Geisha, Lilo & Stitch, and Avatar: Last Airbender.
I now have another account on fictionpress, so go ahead and check it out! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/771097/321Haruko123
Here is a message for those (very few, I assume) readers of my latest fic Light of the Fireflies Part 3: Endurance:
I know that it has been a very, very long time since I have posted a chapter, but I assure you, I HAVE NOT abandoned the story. I know just how much of a pain it is when a fic I have become engaged with just stops and is discontinued by the author, so I have promised myself not to let that happen with my fic. I'm just letting you know that I have recently finished writing the whole thing, but I just haven't had the time to edit and perfect things because I am so busy with college work. Heck, I am writing this right now when I know I should be doing my homework! Anyways, I'm just reassuring you all that the fic is not abandoned and I will eventually get it all posted up here. Just be uber-patient like you have for the past year or so, because it's definitely going to take a few months (or years, but I sure hope not).
UPDATE: As of April 20th, 2013, I am finished with college. I am looking for a job now, but I will now have much more time to make the finishing touches. It still might be a while before I update, but when I do, it is going to be a HUGE update. So please be patient for a while longer!
UPDATE August 7th, 2013: See? I told you I wasn't abandoning the story! ;D
Thank you so much for your time! 321Haruko123
Ideas for possible upcoming fanfics:
Avatar: The Last Airbender and Studio Ghibli crossover: Ghibli in the Four Nations... plus Republic City. Similar to Disney in the Four Nations. The stories of various Ghibli characters as if they lived in the Avatar world, either in the distant past, the present, or the far future. Most of the stories will be about citizens of Republic City who rediscover their roots from one or two of the four nations through their adventures. I'm hoping to include characters from all of the studio Ghibli films that I have seen.
Name: 321Haruko123 (what? You thought I was going to tell you my real name?)
Age: Young Adult
Nationality: Canadian and proud of it. I don't say "eh," or live in an igloo, or ride on polar bears, or live in a winter wonderland, or hate Americans, so don't ask.
Ethnic Background: English, Irish, Canadian Aboriginal, possibly a little French.
Favourite TV Shows: Avatar - The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Both are incredibly awesome and I can't wait for Season 2 of Korra!
Favourite Jdrama: Ohisama starring Mao Inoue. Just check it out, it's a really beautiful and heartwarming show.
Favourite Music: Various film soundtracks, Ue o Muite Aruko or "Sukiyaki" by Kyu Sakamoto. Almost anything by Kyu Sakamoto. Also, Annette Hanshaw songs.
Hobbies: Reading and Writing (duh), learning about History, Asian cultures, watching movies (particularly of the animation and historical genres)
Favourite Books and Series: Totto-chan: The Little Girl at the window (by Tetsuko Kuroyanagi), Golden Mountain Chronicles (by Laurence Yep), Barefoot Gen (by Keiji Nakazawa), Les Miserables (Victor Hugo).
Favorite Movies: So many I can't decide, though I like most Disney movies. Traditionally animated Disney movies, though Tangled is an exception. Since there are so many, I'll list my favourites for each decade.
1930s - Snow White
1940s - Bambi
1950s - Sleeping Beauty (Lady and the Tramp is a close second)
1960s - One Hundred and One Dalmatians
1970s - Robin Hood (The Aristocats is a close second)
1980s - The Little Mermaid
1990s - ALL OF THEM! I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!!!!!!
2000s - The Princess and the Frog (The Emperor's New Groove and Lilo and Stitch are close seconds and thirds)
2010s - Frozen (Beautiful animation, great music and songs, characters that are loveable and love-to-hateable [some in surprising ways!]!)
In case you haven't guessed yet, I'm also a fan of Studio Ghibli. I'm really looking forward to Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises) and Takahata's Kaguya-hime no Monogatari (The Story of Princess Kaguya), and it's exciting to have two potential masterpieces released in the same year. Here's a list of the films I have seen, in the order of my favourites.
1. My Neighbour Totoro (Such a happy-go-lucky film! I just love Totoro and the Catbus! I really wish I had seen this as a kid... )
2. Grave of the Fireflies (Setsuko is the cutest animated child of all time! Very sad, but very beautiful film...)
3. Porco Rosso (Perfect blend of history, comedy, action, and Fio!)
4. Only Yesterday (Simple story, simply told, simply great!)
5. From Up on Poppy Hill (While not a masterpiece like Spirited Away, I love how it seems so calm and real, and it has one of my favourite songs by Kyu Sakamoto!)
5. Spirited Away (Tied with Poppy Hill. It's a little weird, but in a crazy-awesome kind of way! An explosion of Miyazaki's imagination...!)
6. Whisper of the Heart (Kinda dragged a little, but I still appreciate the story, plus, Shizuku is a character I can identify with in so many ways.)
7. Kiki's Delivery Service (Love the European-like setting. Again, a movie I wish I had seen as a kid...)
8. The Cat Returns (Used to be #1 before I saw the above films. I love cats! Perhaps my OC is named after Yuki...)
9. Pom Poko (Despite some of the weirdness, it's incredibly hilarious, and you definitely feel for the characters and their plight.)
10. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (One word for you: Cuteness!)
11. My Neighbours the Yamadas (Pretty unique film, plus it's hilarious!)
12. Laputa: Castle in the Sky (Not a big fan of the plot or action, but I still love the characters and the music.)
13. The Secret World of Arrietty (First Ghibli film I've seen in a theatre. Good animation, music and characters. Wouldn't mind not seeing it again, though)
14. Howl's Moving Castle (A little too weird for me, though Calcifer is pretty funny. If you hate me for this, may all your bacon BURN! LOL!)
15. Princess Mononoke (Beautiful animation and music and great pacifist and environmental messages. Still, it just isn't my kind of movie.)
16. Tales from Earthsea (The plot didn't make sense and the main character had no personality whatsoever. Loved the backgrounds and the music though.)
17. Ocean Waves (Haven't watched it the whole way through. So boring I stopped less than a quarter into it. I might try and watch the whole thing someday...)
I haven't put Nausicaa on this list as I still have yet to see it.
Favourite non-animated movies: The Road Home directed by Zhang Yimou, Twenty-Four Eyes directed by Keisuke Kinoshita, Fiddler of the Roof directed by Norman Jewison.
Unsafe External Link