Author has written 20 stories for Harry Potter.
A fifty-something mother of a middle schooler, I give piano lessons when I'm not running after my son. I hold a BA in Liberal Studies with minors in Music and English from CSU Sacramento. In my spare time I love to cook, write HP fan fiction, knit, sew, and work in my garden.
I began writing HP fanfiction in 2003 and to date have archived twenty stories on various websites. These include three series (Family, Gifts and Hands) plus fifteen one-shots.
Family: "Family"… a powerful word encompassing the love and support of generations. To Harry and Ginny Potter, this love is for not only their family, but for all those who are welcomed into their lives… their extended family.
1. Ancestors—Harry and Hermione are alone on the Horcrux hunt in January of 1998 when Harry gets the opportunity to spend a few days with some of his forebears.
2. Dare--This one-shot tells the story of how Harry and Ginny became engaged to be married. The year is 1998.
3. Splash!--Ron and Hermione have an unexpected adventure on the day he proposes in August of 1999.
4. Gift of Love--In this one-shot set in 2003, Ginny's husband uses his "saving people thing" to give a child a very special gift.
5. A Difficult Decision--Harry is confronted with a difficult decision he must make. The year is 2004.
6. For Love of Family--The story for which this series in named. It takes place during a nine month period between October 2020 and July 2021 tells the story of a very difficult period in Harry's adult life.
Gifts: Gifts are precious things, no matter who the giver is. Gifts can be material, but there are emotional gifts as well. In this series of three stories, Ginny and Harry give and receive gifts. What these gifts are, only they will tell.
1. You're Still You--This is the fic that started it all… all my one-shots and multi-chaptered stories, too. This first-ever fanfic was written as a challenge to myself to see whether I liked creative writing. It's mostly narration, not much dialogue and I've largely left it in it's originally published state. The story is largely about the various gifts Ginny gives to Harry.
2. New Year, New Hope--This sequel to "You're Still You" was started nearly two years and several one-shots after You're Still You. The idea came to me one hot summer night when I was wishing for a snowstorm to cool me down. Time-wise, it starts about a month after You're Still You and is still in Ginny's point of view. In this story, Harry begins to open up to Ginny and the two begin to share various gifts with one another.
3. Summer Story--This final story in the series was started immediately after I finished Summer Story. My goal was to begin posting the story on various websites prior to Deathly Hallows coming out. I’m happy to say that I met my goal and exceeded it by two chapters! The story is told from both Harry and Ginny’s points of view with chapters alternating between the two characters. This enables the two to further explore the relationship they began in You’re Still You and fostered in New Year, New Hope.