I never know quite what to say on these profile pages, it kind of feels like answering a question that no one even asked, so I'll just keep it short. I love gaming (Xbox 360 mostly), fanfiction, TV and movies as pastimes, which affords me a manly sedentary lifestyle, but I'm fine with that. I first came to ff.net while exploring the Bioware social network forum, I just clicked a link to someones story and the Glorious world of fanfiction was unveiled to me. It don't take long for me to fall in love with all things femslash, which never fails to lead me to the most interesting places and profoundly inspired stories therein. I don't know how, but something about femslash pairings seem to make authors think outside the box, leading to many fresh perspectives on my favorite characters, which is why I'll never understand why femslash is often neglected and sadly overlooked. I said I would keep it short so here is a abridged list of my things in fanfiction and life:
Games: mostly western RPG's, but I'll play anything that piques my interest really.
- Dragon Age (loved Origins, DA2 is also great. Lady Hawke and Merrill are so cute together!)
- Mass Effect (love the first, played the second, and plan to shoot the third directly into my veins when it releases. I love fem-Shep and Liara stories. ^_^)
- Deus Ex (A game and a series so far ahead of their time it's kinda spooky. The first had a story of Shakespearean caliber, the second was great, and Human Revolution rules!)
- Halo (seriously, any Halo game, I've played them all!)
Movies: sci-fi mostly, but I like a little high fantasy now and then.
- District 9 (Epic sci-fi set against the backdrop of post-apartheid South Africa, a must see!)
- The Matrix (especially the first one, but I don't hate on the other two like some people)
- Every Star Trek Movie ever made, because it's the Trek, what more need be said?
- The Lord of The Rings Trilogy (I saw all of them in theaters)
TV Shows: there are so many, I'll just give the top few.
- House (My favorite role-model from TV!)
- Star Trek (The whole line of shows up to and including Voyager and DS9. I'm not a 'Trekker,' since I lack the encyclopaedic knowledge required for that, I'm just a nerdy fan. ^_^)
- Lost (My soul wept a little when the show concluded.)
- Haven (It's on Showcase and it owns, inspired by Stephen King)
- Warehouse 13 (it's starting to grow on me)
- Burn Notice (Micheal Westen would kick James Bond's ass in both spy craft and knife fighting!)
- Buffy (when it was still on, that is)
- The Feed (more sci-fi)
- Harry Potter (Love the books and movies, but I wish there were more Hermione/Fleur fics out there.)
- Twilight (A guilty pleasure, love the fanfiction, and I'm a hardcore Alice/Bella addict. ^_^)
I think that's it, sorry I tend to ramble on once I start writing. I always thought of writing fanfics of my own, but that might be a dubious proposition at this rate, so I stick to reading and reviewing when I feel strongly enough about a story. I may also review anonymously when I am to lazy to sign in, or forget my password.
Unsafe External Link