Author has written 50 stories for Legend of the Seeker, Prince of Persia, and Castle.
I love fan fiction, it gives us the fans a chance to expand on the world and universe of our favorite movies, TV shows, and books.
LiveJournal: Legend of the Seeker ; Castle
Archive Of Our Own: LordofKavaka
NOTE: I am open to accepting prompts/requests for CASTLE stories.
Favorite TV Shows: Legend of the Seeker, Castle, Star Trek (all incarnations), NCIS, The Mentalist, Fringe, Bones, Doctor Who, Babylon 5, Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe), HBO's Rome, The Tudors, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Haven (Syfy), Warehouse 13, News Radio, The X-Files, JAG, The West Wing, Smallville, Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World
Favorite Books/Authors: Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Marcus Didius Falco series by Lindsey Davis, Roma Sub Rosa series by Steven Saylor, Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry, Michael Crichton, John Grisham, Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, and The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
Fan Fiction I Read: Legend of the Seeker (Richard/Kahlan), Castle (Castle/Beckett - otherwise known as Caskett), NCIS (mainly Tony/Kate; some McGee/Abby & Tiva), Babylon 5 (Sheridan/Delenn), Prince of Persia (Dastan/Tamina), Star Trek (mainly TNG & Voyager), Warehouse 13 (Pete/Myka), NCIS: LA (Kensi/Deeks), The Hunger Games (Katniss/Peeta)
FAN FICTION WORKS:
LEGEND OF THE SEEKER
SEEKER OF TRUTH series: My continuation of the series via material from the books, and my own ideas.
1. The Ties That Bind (complete) - Picks up from where "TEARS" left off. This is basically my attempt at continuing the story from books through the lens of the TV universe. This story is loosely based on part of STONE OF TEARS.
2. In The Winds (complete) - Picks up immediately where The Ties That Bind left off. Now that Richard is the Lord Rahl, will he and Kahlan finally be able to be together, or will an ill omen in the night sky destroy everything. This one is going to be more intense, considering the subject matter this one is loosely based on is BLOOD OF THE FOLD and TEMPLE OF THE WINDS (if you've read the books, you know what I mean). So I might have to rate it M, just in case.
3. The Chimes Toll A Firestorm (on hiatus) - Sequel to In The Winds. Now that they are married, will Richard and Kahlan finally find happiness, or will an invasion by an evil foe and an insidious plot by a Sister of the Dark ruin everything? (This is to round up my SEEKER OF TRUTH trilogy of including the book material--this one being very loosely based on SOUL OF THE FIRE and the CHAINFIRE trilogy, but with a twist. I apologize for the delay in this one; for some reason I get hit with writer's block more on this particular story than on other, I don't know why, but I just do.)
CONSEQUENCES series: A trilogy (plus bonus background story) involving my AU-2x01 MARKED storyline.
1. Unintended Consequences (complete) - 2012 LOTSEEKER AWARD 1st Place Winner (BEST AU) - Kahlan relented to her duties and returned to Aydindril after the events of MARKED 2x01 . Richard and Kahlan reunite five months later, but things have changed that may destroy their love. And the Seeker's quest may not be over. (Goes AU from MARKED)
2. Soul Fusion (complete) - 2012 LOTSEEKER AWARD 1st Pace Winner (BEST ROMANCE) - Sequel to Unintended Consequences. Zedd warned them about the effects of the Soul Fusion spell, but Richard and Kahlan did not heed his warnings. And the consequences are unlike any thing they could imagine. This one is intended to be a little more lighter than Unintended Consequences.
3. Riccar and Caylinn: The First Gifted (in progress) - More tales of Riccar and Caylinn, and their quest for the Soul Fusion spell. Part of the CONSEQUENCES series. Mainly original characters Riccar/Caylinn, but will have hints of Richard/Kahlan. Tie-in to Soul Fusion. This will also be acting as a lead-in to Consequences.
4. Consequences (planned) - Conclusion to the CONSEQUENCES series. Will take place a couple years after Soul Fusion.
SECRETS series: an AU-1x15 CONVERSION storyline
1. Silk and Sand (complete) - After discovering the inner storm of the Con Dar within, Kahlan Amnell, the Mother Confessor, is captured and separated from her Seeker. Alone, and without her powers, she must do whatever is necessary to survive. Takes places during season 1.
2. Leather and Agiel (in progress) - Lost and alone, separated from Richard, Kahlan must rescue and befriend a tormented women in the clutches of a madman. Doing so may prove to be the boon that helps her find and save her Seeker. Post-CURSED (1x19)
MULTI-CHAPTER STORIES: Most of these will be from prompts/requests.
1. The Mistake (complete) - Title Image - Spring 2011 LOTSEEKERFIC AWARDS 2nd Place Winner - Set during "BOUND" (which obviously--for those who have read the books--was LotS's version of FAITH OF THE FALLEN). What if Richard relents to Nicci's suggestion that they make Kahlan feel better? What will be Kahlan's reaction when her Seeker returns to her after he has slept with another? Richard/Nicci, Richard/Kahlan. For BaneoftheWicked, for the request of a Richard/Nikki fic that got me thinking.
2. Tears of Glass (complete) - Spring 2011 LOTSEEKERFIC AWARDS2nd PlaceWinner - What if the spell Nicci used on the glass to blind Richard was laced with subtractive magic, making it impossible for Zedd to heal Richard's eyes? To love4lots, for the request.
3. The Gamble (outlined) - A different take on "Touched" and beyond. Requested by ForeverRK.
1. Kahlan's Big News - This came about because of my frustrations of not thinking there was enough Richard and Kahlan reuniting times at the end of Confessor. So the fic is based more on the books than the TV show, though the characters look like the TV series, meaning Kahlan has blue eyes instead of green and Richard brown instead of grey, like they are in the book.
2. Reflections - Just something I thought would be interesting. Darken Rahl reflecting on his childhood and his rise to power. Takes places before the series begins. Probably more book-Rahl than TV-Rahl.
3. A Love That Transcends Time - Verna and Warren's night together. Occurs somewhere between Ch. 7 and Ch. 11 of my story IN THE WINDS. I really loved Verna and Warren in the books and was sad for how it ended. So I wanted to give them the night of passion they deserved.
4. The 12 Days of Confessor Day - The 12 Days of Christmas - Seeker style. What does Kahlan get from the Creator on the day to celebrate the birth of the Confessors? This was just something that had been mulling around in my brain for a while with all the X-Mas music going around during the holidays. Just for a little fun and holiday cheer.
5. Birthday Surprise - It’s Richard's birthday and Kahlan wants to make it a memorable one. I wrote this as a birthday present for one of my most dedicated readers.
6. Hide and Seek - SongFic; Richard and Kahlan play a game of hide and seek that turns into something a little bit more fun. (Featuring “I Touch Myself” by the Divinyls)
7. Lost and Found - After a crippling attack, Richard and Kahlan return to Hartland. (This one was written for ForeverRK)
8. What Almost Happened - 2012 LOTSEEKER AWARD 2nd Place Winner (R/K Canon) - Richard and Kahlan deal with the fallout of being possessed by Kieran and Vivian. TAG to REVENANT. Thanks to klynnrhiannon, for the suggestion.
9. The Day For Fathers - 2012 LOTSEEKER AWARD Nominee (Oneshot/Drabble) - 15 years after they have sealed the rift, Richard and Kahlan enjoy a special day with their family. A/N: I wrote this in honor of Father’s Day.
10. Practice Makes Perfect - Richard decides to teach Kahlan how to use a bow and arrow. He gets more than he bargained for. A/N: Even though this is two chapter in length, I consider it a one-shot.
11. Picnic Surprise - Richard surprises Kahlan with a picnic on a day marked for lovers. Kahlan then surprises Richard. For ForeverRK and the members of BOTS and JAMA. This is a tag/add-on to ForeverRK's "Valentine's Day Surprise" (I still consider this a one-shot even though it had 2 chapters)
12. Rockslide - Richard and Kahlan are separated from their companions by a rockslide. Written in honor of the "birthday" of Legend of the Seeker. Title Image made by ForeverRK.
13. Solstice Miracle - 2012 LOTSEEKER AWARD Nominee (Portrayal - Richard) - Set after THE DAY FOR FATHERS; The Cypher-Amnells celebrate the Winter Solstice. Plus plan a surprise for Cara.
14. Caving In - ONE-SHOT; In the cave, temptation takes hold, and an offer made by Richard is hard to refuse. Takes place during 2x20 ETERNITY.
15. Three Wishes - Richard finds a leprechaun and is granted three wishes.
16. In Silence - Richard confronts Kahlan after his rescue from the clutches of the Mord'Sith Denna. ONE-SHOT TAG to 1x08 DENNA.
SEEKER FIVE-O video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPZIxj6DZA
PRINCE OF PERSIA
1. You Did Not Know Me - ONE-SHOT; Something I wrote on the fly after watching Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
2. I Know You - ONE-SHOT; Sequel to You Did Not Know Me, but this time from Tamina's POV.
3. Persian Nights (complete) - Sequel to my ONE-SHOT I Know You. Dastan and Tamina get married. The idea for this one got started after I read the comments of bellathedisenchanted. After some thought my originally intended sequel Hand of the Gods changed from a separate to story to become part of Persian Nights.
4. The Sacred Path - ONE-SHOT; Tag to Persian Nights. Dastan and Tamina take their daughter Neelam to the temple in the mountains.
1. Awkward Surprise - During the middle of the night, Alexis goes to the kitchen for a glass of orange juice, only to find an awkward surprise awaits her.
2. Someday - Two years late, it finally arrives. Caskett; Future Fic.
3. Nighttime Inspiration - Castle can't sleep. And without him in bed, neither can his muse. CASKETT.
4. Discombobulated - Kate wakes up in a strange bed, but not with a stranger. Post-THE LIMEY.
5. 9 Hour Flight - Kate thinks over the recent changes in her life during a 9 hour flight to Rome. Post-ALWAYS.
6. On Bended Knee - Castle's proposal goes wrong, but in rather humorous way. Post-WATERSHED. No spoilers for Season 6.
7. When Things Go Bump In The Night - Castle's Annual Halloween Bash went off without a hitch, but afterwards, there was the matter of Kate Beckett missing from his bed when he woke up in the dead of night. Rated T for suggestive undertones.
8. Wrapped In A Bow - 2014 Nominee for the 1st Annual CFFWG Awards (Favorite Holiday Themed Fanfic) - They'd agreed not to exchange gifts, but Kate couldn't resist when she saw that big red bow. Add on to Secret Santa.
1. Restless Hours (complete) - The events of the past few days were too emotionally draining to just shrug off after their homecoming. With Kate's help, Castle copes with the sleepless night of his return. Post-Target/Hunt. 6-part story.
2. Dark of Winter (in progress) - Coming out of World War II, the song had a hopefullness to it. Now, it held an omninous dread for her. And it just kept coming back again and again to taunt them. 2013/14 Winter Ficathon Entry.
3. EverNight (in progress) - Very AU. Kate Beckett's life was forever changed when her mother was killed by the Big Bad Wolf. Caskett in the FairyTale World. MAP: link
Goes AU from 3x20 SLICE OF DEATH.
1. Not Going Anywhere (complete) - One-Shot; Something happens that changes everything. Set sometime after 3x20 SLICE OF DEATH.
2. Still Here (complete) - sequel to Not Going Anywhere; With an unplanned pregnancy, Beckett and Castle start a new chapter in their lives. Together navigating the ups and downs of a new relationship and expectant parenthood.
CASTLE'S HAMPTONS HOUSE (link)
BUM RUSH series
Goes AU from 3x24 KNOCKOUT
(DEFINITION: bum rush or bum's rush indicates the way you hustle someone out, to rush an opponent to get them out of the fight fast.)
1. Eight Count (complete) - Post-Knockout AU; She had lost her captain—her friend and mentor; she could not lose him as well. Not when there was so much left unsaid, so much more that she wanted to tell him, that she needed to tell him.
2. Rubber Match (on hiatus) - Post-Knockout/Season 4 AU; Sequel to Eight Count; After 3 months apart, filled with heartache and regret, a seemingly routine case changes everything and may just bring Rick and Kate back together.
WHAT'S IN A NAME series
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet."
The words of William Shakespeare summed up the meaning behind names very well. Richard Castle and Kate Beckett are about to find out just how right he was. Lord of Kavaka presents... WHAT'S IN A NAME series, a look at the show CASTLE with a new beginning, and a major difference in the past history of the two main characters.
1. Alexander & Jane (complete) - 2012 Castle Fan Awards Nominee - She met him once, long ago, thinking he was someone else, and fell in love. Caskett; Season 1 AU.
2. Alexander & Jane: Interlude (in progress) - Castle and Beckett must deal with him digging into her mother's case against her express orders, while at the same time balancing their renewed romantic relationship with family obligations. Caskett-Season 1 AU.
3. Rick & Kate (planned) - Resolving their past history, it's time to start a life together. Caskett; Season 2 AU.
4. Past & Present (planned) - The universe puts their love to the test. Caskett; Season 3 AU.
5. Hunter & Prey (planned) - Secrets are like bombs... they explode. Caskett; Season 4 AU.
SOLID GROUND series
Goes AU from 5x24 WATERSHED
1. Solid Ground (completed) - Island Map (link) - Castle and Beckett finally get to have that trip to Bora-Bora. But not all goes as planned. Instead of sipping mojitos in paradise, they find themselves stranded on an isolated island. 2013 Castle Ficathon Entry. 50,000 Words Achieved. [Original cover by dtrekker]
2. Cold Cases: A Solid Ground Companion (complete) - A series of little vignettes of how the members of the 12th Precinct are coping with the disappearance of Detective Kate Beckett and Mr. Richard Castle. Takes place concurrently with Ch 18 of SOLID GROUND.
3. The Return (in progress) - They'd been stranded on an island for almost 5 months, and now it's time to go home... where everything has changed.
PRIVATE EYES trilogy
SEASON 4 AU; picks up 6 months after KNOCKOUT. Everything happened the same, minus Castle's involvement.
1. Private Eyes (planned) - Everyday was the same. Get up, work, and then go to bed. Kate Beckett was bored. She needed a change in her routine. So, after some nagging from her best friend, she allowed herself to be set up on a blind date… and that’s when she met Rick Castle. AU.
2. Private Eyes 2: Psycho Killer (planned) - Sequel to PRIVATE EYES. Detective Kate Beckett joins forces with Agent Rick Castle to stop an international serial killer.
3. Private Eyes 3: Take On Me (planned) - Conclusion. Agent Rick Castle helps Detective Kate Beckett take down the man responsible for her mother's murder.