Author has written 9 stories for Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, and Naruto.
My name is Nitty Gritty, but some people call me NG. I have a few nicknames, so I'll just stick with my penname. I'm Canadian (a hopeless Leaf's fan as well...one day they will win. I just hope I'm alive to see it). I graduated from my graduate degree in May, and since then have been working and travelling a lot. I really love to sit down and write after a long day or even during my breaks.
I do follow quite a bit of anime and manga, but I predominately write for the Naruto fandom and mainly involving Sasuke and Naruto. I definitely pair these two together, not because I can't see them dating other people, I just find them to be a great fit for each other.
Having said that, I am a heterosexual female. There will be obvious flaws in my stories because a) I don't know what it's like to be queer nor have ever experienced any form of discrimination and b) I only know intimacy from a woman's side, so writing two male characters intimately is a huge challenge and one I don't think I will ever met because I am not male.
But there are things I do strive for within my stories (and I hope I am successful). I don't believe in black and white characters; there is too much grey area for those types of characters to survive in. I feel all authors needs to recognize that, because it would making 'character bashing' non-existent. Which it should be. There is no reason to ever bash a character, and it says a lot about the author's maturity.
You can find me on Archive of our Own, where I have all my explicit content listed. Username there is Syco
Just for laughs, I thought why not? Skip to the bottom for story status'
1. Perfect? I'm not perfect, but I keep trying. 'Cause that's what I said I would do from the start
2. Tall? 5ft7
3. In your pyjamas? No.
4. Left handed? No.
1. Friend you saw: A friend I met overseas who lives in the city. Not disclosing his name on the net.
2. Person to text you: Boyfriend
3. Was today better than yesterday? It's Friday..so yes?
1. Number: 7
2. Colour(s): Lavender
3. Fruit: Raspberries
4. Place(s): Hiking trails, lakes/rivers/oceans
1. Are you missing someone right now? Yeah.
2. Are you happy? I am
3. Are you sad? Sometimes
4. Are you bored? Sometimes
5. Are you nervous? Sometimes
6. Are you tired? Yes
2. Nick names? NG, Pat
3. Eye colour? Green
4. Zodiac sign? Taurus
5. Male or female? Female
6. Slut? ...dumb question needs dumb answer
7. Smart? I know nothing.
8. Hair colour? Golden brown
9. Long or short? Long
10. Sweats or Jeans? I wear both at the same time, all the time.
11. Phone or Camera? Depends, so I want/need both.
12. Drink or Smoke? More drink than smoke.
13. Righty or lefty? Still a righty.
1. First best friend? Met her when I was 5?
2. First crush? Oddly enough, my first crush is dating my friend's sister.
3. First pet? Beagle, dog.
4. First big vacation? Quebec
1. Eating? Had grilled chicken and salad
2. Drinking? Strawberry lemonade
3. I'm about to: Change into comfortable clothes
4. Listening to? The world
5. Plans for today? Today is done, plans include sleep and insulting my boyfriend and non-sexual life partner (also known as the best friend).
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
1. Shorter or taller? Taller
2. Romantic or spontaneous? Romantic, I don't do spontaneous well. Especially since he tends to forget things during spontaneous moments.
3. Sensitive or loud? Sensitive.
4. Hook-up or relationship? Depends on the mood. I usually do relationships.
HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Drank bubbles? Is this a fad I'm unaware of?
2. Lost glasses/contacts? Yes, all the damn time.
3. Ran away from home? Yes.
4. Broken someone's heart? Yes.
5. Been arrested? No, but I have been in a police car (the back seat too)
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
1. Miracles? Yes
2. Yourself? A good portion of the time
3. Heaven? Yes
4. Santa Claus? Who doesn't?
4. Love? Yes
5. Do you like someone? Romantically? I would hope so.
6. Do you believe in God? Yes
7. Answered the truth on all questions? Most of them, I don't wear sweats and jeans at the same time
5. HIV: Three Words [Naruto]
Summary He hated those three words. They weren't "I love you" but three others that held just as much weight and always left him alone. "Are you clean?" Being clean had nothing to do with being positive.
4. Loss: Carry On [Naruto] -- In construction of name-change and summary change.
Summary: Everyone needed a friend like Naruto. He had a loyal heart that was made of gold and had an obnoxious voice that could make the worst of mankind laugh. But life was always cruellest to those type of people. Friendship!Fic
3. Drug abuse: Fragile in Deisgn [Naruto]
Summary: Hearts will always break, they're fragile in design. Sasuke finally discovers that the hard way when he messes up, one too many times.
2. Betrayal: Keep Trying [Naruto]
Summary: It hurt when he found out that his partner had cheated on him, yet the moron could still make him smile. NaruSasu/SasuNaru
1. Birthday/Romance: Losing Yourself [KHR]
Summary: It was just like any other mission Varia had. Completely normal; everything went as planned, well, until Xanxus showed up.One-shot. Giftfic for Victimofmywoes.
1. Vampires: Craving a Forever Future [Naruto]
Summary: Vampires used to roam the streets as any other person did until the king declared them illegal and began a vampire hunt forcing them into hiding. Sasuke was never expecting to meet his friend again in the fight to save their immortals lives, or that Naruto would be a vampire too.
2. Vampires Cont'd: Before The Fall [Naruto]
Summary: This is where it all began, the unfortunate separation of two friends and their journey's that reunited them. One path holds the poison of politics: death, betrayal and the delicate balance between morals and obligation. The other holds the wildness of survival: death, betrayal and the delicate balance between life and death. Each one similar yet worlds apart. [Three part-prequel to Craving a Forever Future]
1. Long-distance Relationships: Beat The Odds [Naruto]
Summary: Long distance relationships are complex and hard to maintain. Naruto refuses to give into the hype about how they never work, he was going to beat the odds. A series of short moments of having a long distance relationship. NaruSasu/SasuNaru.
2. Readers Christmas Prompt: Beneath the Tree [Naruto]