Author has written 22 stories for Danny Phantom, Johnny Test, Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Teen Titans, Phineas and Ferb, and Atomic Betty.
Hi, my name is Ultimix. I'm a fan of Danny Phantom, Johnny Test, Life and times of Juniper lee, Phineas and Ferb, My Little Pony and a few other things that aren't worth mentioning.
I'm really a fanboy who gets pretty passionate about the things I like and I hate it when people are just generally incompetent.
Okay, I'll admit that I'm a massive Phineas and Ferb fan and while I don't go out and buy the merchandise like most fans, I do think it's the best cartoon to air to date. And that's why it pains me so much to say this next sentence.
Phineas and Ferb fucking SUCKS now!!!
There are so many reasons as to why that I could fill library the size of Canada with them, so I've simply decided to narrow it down to my top ten and without further adieu, this is the top ten reasons why Phineas and Ferb seasons 3 and 4 sucked.
10. The parody episodes. This ranks as my number ten, because even though their parody episodes and really make no sense, there still enjoyable enough to watch and get a laugh out of.
9. A lot of the episodes felt forced. I know that you can't constantly hit the bulls-eye every time, but looking through the list of episodes I can remember watching a lot of them and not really being that interested. The episodes from the first two seasons just seemed to flow so easily with an almost routine, but relaxed sense to it, the new episodes just feel like they're trying to cram so much in at once and it doesn't sit well with me.
8. They aren't trying anymore. This show doesn't even really require that much effort to write. Go out, ask a five year old what he wants to do today and slap Phineas and Ferb on it. That's it. The old episodes were great because they brought our childhoods to life. Who didn't dream of having a rollercoaster in their backyard at the age of ten or blasting off in a rocket ship to the moon? It was simple and done nicely, but now they have to be making something completely over complicated that most little kids won't get or just something really weird.
7. Nothing stands out. Really, I can't find anything about the new episodes that stands out to me. I barely remember what Phineas and Ferb make in each episode or what Candace does or even what Doofenshmirtz makes. It's just all so forgettable.
6. The jokes fall flat. Pretty self explanatory, even though Phineas and Ferb doesn't have incredibly funny humor, they had decent enough jokes that got the older audience to chuckle a bit, but now the comedy is really weak. Every time either Doofenshmirtz or Major Monogram, Buford, Baljeet or Candace try to crack a joke all it makes me do is groan and face plant. Season four is particularly bad in the way that the jokes don't work and they just keep trying to force the joke on you, like you'll find it funny if they play it enough.
5. They removed everything that we loved about the first two seasons almost completely. The beginning of season three was okay, but it quickly went down hill when they stopped doing some of their classic gimmicks. Phineas's trade make line was cut from almost every episode, Isabella's Whatcha doin's were almost completely gone, sometimes she didn't even appear at all. What they did decide to keep also just felt like it was packed in there just for the sake of being there and felt really forced.
4. Happy New Year. This episode was perfect, I loved it. It had some good jokes, everyone had an interesting storyline, they brought back everything that we loved from season two that they got rid of in season three, there was Phinabella fluff galore and even the song was pretty good. That's why it was such a big slap to the face. It was pretty much the writer's way of dangling a steak in front of a hungry dog, letting it get just a little taste the deliciousness before yanking it out of it's jaws. Just in case you're wondering, we're the dog and everything we love about the show is the steak.
3. The Phineas and Ferb story line was ignored. When a show starts to focus on other characters regularly instead of the characters it's named after you know you're doing something wrong. Whether their idea was good or bad, Phineas and Ferb were sort of shuffled off into the corner and forgotten about. My proof comes from two episodes in particular, "Real Boy" and "Delivery of Destiny". In Real Boy Phineas and Ferb make Nanobots like we see every time in the main title, so what do they do with it? What cool and clever things could they do with an invention that can assume any shape or object they want? They fly off into the sky after two minutes and aren't seen again until the end of the episode. In Delivery of Destiny Phineas and Ferb are in the episode for less than forty fucking seconds riding another ride they made through downtown. If you want to make an episode revolving around a certain character, even if it is just some generic jack ass who you just invented, then fine, but don't dangle something that we would really want to see in front of us and then just not show it.
2. Candace became the main character. It seems like the majority of season three was focused on Candace. All the effort went into her story line, she had the most going on and she had the most screen time for most of the episodes. A lot of people are find with this and like Candace, but you SHOULDN'T! Candace's roll in the series is to be the punching back. She constantly fails, makes bad choices and has a lot of bad things happen to her, because she's an antagonist. She's also boring as hell and has nothing interesting about her character except for the negative traits. She wants to get her brothers in trouble just because. Yes she did once say that she was trying to protect them, but I call bullshit on that. She did cartwheels when she did finally get the in trouble, she gets excited about actually getting them in trouble and not because they'll be out of harms way, she even fucking hesitated when it came down to choosing between the evidence to bust her brothers or Phineas's life! It doesn't stop their either, she blows off her best friend constantly, has an unhealthy obsession with Jeremy and has no respect for anybody. So why on earth did anyone think that it would be a good idea to give this bitch the focus of the show? Honestly, if anyone's still reading this list and thinks Candace is a good character, please tell me why. Whether it helps me or hurts me, I want to know how someone could possibly think that a character like this is likable.
1. Montynessa. Holy shit this is not just the number one thing wrong with the new episodes, it's just one of the worst things I've seen in the show period. Ferbnessa was a very bold pairing the fandom had and it worked so well. Disney constantly throws this cliche at you in almost all of their shows, but here it works. Since Ferb isn't the loudmouth little shit that seems to find his way into every Disney show you actually like him and he doesn't trip all over himself trying to impress Vanessa or do something equally as terrible. He's also a very smart and grown up person in a few ways that we don't realize, like when he helped Vanessa with her issues with her father or when he stood in front of a lawnmower heading straight at him to save Vanessa's life and that helps you realize that age really isn't that much of a barrier when two people care about each other, at least when they get a little older. That and a lot of the fans really liked the pairing. So when Monty came along and they implied then eventually showed a romance forming between these two, I nearly gave up on the show. They replaced the cliche they've finally gotten right that a lot of fans adored and had a really good morale to it with this. Monty is a generic character that was never brought up before and has only served the purpose of saving the day once and to have an extremely shitty ripoff of a Rome and Juliet forbidden romance. He has no personality nothing interesting about him and they just decided to pair him up with a character that does have some nice depth and complexity to herself, while simultaneously killing one of the biggest pairings of the show.
And that is why Montynessa is the number one thing that sucks about the new Phineas and Ferb episodes.
Edit: okay, I kinda have to go back on my word a bit. I've watched more of the season 4 episodes and I have to admit that the episodes that get it right, really get it right and are very good.
Since I have a thing for top ten lists, I'm going to be doing my top ten worst characters list.
Now keep in mind that this is a top ten WORST characters list, not a top ten most hated characters list, so just because a character makes this list doesn't mean I hate them it just means that from a characters stand point they are not good characters, and for god sake, I am going to have a legitimate reason for putting a character on this list, not because they are "So mean" as so many other people who have done a top ten worst characters list have put it.
10. Chaz Lange (Atomic Betty season 3)
Okay, for this character it's more what he represents what I hate more so than the actual character and that's why he ranks so low, but don't get me wrong, I still hate him. In the underrated show Atomic Betty, the main character Betty had a best friend named Noah who had a small minor plot line about his feelings for Betty. I must admit, I am a sucker for this type of story and when it looked like Noah would become a main character in the third season I got excited. Then Chaz came along and fucked everything. Chaz became Betty's new love interest and he was the most boring bastard I have ever seen. His personality is pretty much a copy and past of Betty and he has absolutely no flaws. He killed a budding romance, he's boring and he's perfect, what more reason do you need to hate him?
9. Sam Manson (Danny Phantom)
This character was bad. Despite the fact that I like her, I had to put her on the list. This is a character that no one knew how to write, for instance, she was supposed to be Danny's voice of reason and keep him morally in check. The problem is the writers could never keep her consistent. One minute she would be telling Danny that he has to be responsible with his powers and that it would be immoral to exploit them for his own personal gain if it hurt someone else and the next she would be trying to sweet talk him into destroying environmentally destructive cars, or how she said in one episode that she was opposed to violence then in a later episode commented about how she loved one of the guns she was using. The worst offence though is in the series finally when she guilt trips Danny for giving up his powers to save his love ones after a long time of putting himself in harms way and making sacrifice after sacrifice for others, that is low for anyone to do.
8. OC's (From fanfiction)
I'll make this brief. While I do know that there are people out there who put effort into creating their own original characters, and I praise them for doing so, I don't want to read a story all about them. I come on to this website to read stories fans have created to explore the characters and the situations they could get into in ways the show never could, so in short, I don't want to read about your OC.
7. Susan Test (Johnny Test)
A lot of people are probably going to be wondering why Johnny himself isn't going to be on this list and I'll explain it in another list, but this is why Susan's so horrible. All through out the show, Susan has hardly shown any empathy for anyone, but herself. Susan preforms dangerous, life threatening experiments on Johnny and not once has she ever shown any hints of concern for him or regards for his safety. May I remind you that she is Johnny's SISTER. It's not just Johnny that she don't care for either, she shows no regard for anyone if it means getting her way and never stops to think of the consequences her actions might have.
6. Hugh Test (Johnny Test)
What's the only thing worse than an uncaring sister? An uncaring father. If I met someone like this in real life, I think I would have to beat them to death out of sheer principal. This guy is supposed to be depicted as a stay at home dad and that could be funny, except he is the gender bent version of the mother from hell. His family doesn't even matter to this guy, all he cares about is his cooking and money. Every seen the episode where Johnny breaks his foot by doing some stupid young boy thing? In that episode all Hugh talks about is how much money Johnny costs him, he doesn't ask if Johnny's okay, if his foot still hurts, no all he cares about is the money. It's not just his son that he doesn't care about it's his wife too, he bought her a jack hammer for her birthday, because it was the least expensive thing he could have bought her and he won't even spend fifty dollars on a new kitchen table his wife asked him for for her BIRTHDAY. He's greedy, doesn't care about his family and shows obvious favoritism towards his daughters. If you are anything like this character, do the world a favor and kill yourself.
5. King Sombra (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
What is there to say about this guy that hasn't already been said? He's a pointless villain that had no thought go into his creation. He doesn't even have any real lines in the only episode he appeared in, he just makes a bunch of grunts and growls and says crystals over and over again. This is the type of villain that everyone hates since it makes for a completely boring confrontation between him and the main character. What could be worse than a villain like this?
4. Sunset Shimmer (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
While Sunset Shimmer did have more speaking lines than Sombra and it helps to define her character, she makes it higher on the list because every word out of her mouth just made her look stupider and stupider. Do you know what her whole plan was at the end of the movie? It was to control the students in the high school and take over Equestria with them. Do I even really need to explain how stupid that whole plan is? All she did though out the movie was try and destroy Twilight's reputation, that's it. To put this into perspective: the launch of the series featured a corrupted princess of the night that wanted to make the night eternal for its main villain, the season two launch featured the god of chaos released from his eternal imprisonment and wreaks havoc on the world once again for its main villain, the movie featured a bratty bitch that rebelled because she didn't get what she wanted. If that wasn't bad enough, Equestria girls two has already been confirmed. Fuck.
3. Underused characters (From anything)
Isn't it just so damn annoying when you see a good character that could add so much to a show be shipped off and never seen again? This makes it so high on the list, because it's like a slap to the face. T.V producers either make a good character that's well received by the audience by accident and never use them again, or they intentionally put effort into a character, knowing that they're only going to be a one note character and that just makes it sting so much more. The best example of this character that I can think of is Danielle from the Danny Phantom series. This character opened up so many possibilities for the show. Imagine of Danny had actually taken in Danielle in her first appearance as a part of his family, confessed his ghost half to his parents and then began to train Danielle to be a part of his ghost hunting team. I couldn't even begin to list all of the possibilities that would have opened up for the show to explore its characters and plot, but no all Danielle was destined to do was make a cameo appearance in the last episode and appear and make her return in the worst episode of the entire series. I'm getting off topic here, so I'll wrap it up, underused characters piss me of.
2. Stupid and narcissistic main characters (From anything)
I know people would associate Johnny Test with this category, but I don't. Moving on, I don't think I need to say why this type of character pisses me off so much, but for those of you who like these types of character, let me set you straight. If a character is stupid, then that's ok. Forest Gump could be considered stupid, but he was just so friendly and accepting to everyone around him that it's hard not to like him. Johnny from Johnny Test can be narcissistic at times, but he is the one who essentially saves the day for everyone, is typically nice to the people who are nice to him, and he has even outsmarted his genius sisters, so he's a little entitled to be full of himself in my opinion. What I'm saying is that a character that is regarded as stupid or narcissistic doesn't automatically make them a bad character, it just means they need redeeming qualities or have to have their attitudes justified if you want your characters to have these flaws and still be likable. This is a fact that most T.V writers seem to forget. I can't stand these types of characters since they are so infuriatingly annoying and they're supposed to be the characters we're cheering for. I nearly stopped watching T.V all together because of characters like this and it was only because of Phineas and Ferb that I slowly regained my faith in television. It's simple math when you get right down to it, bad main characters cannot equal a good show.
1. Candace Flynn (Phineas and Ferb)
Never have I hated a character so much as I hate Candace Flynn. She is the most selfish, self-centered, greedy, uncaring, narcissistic, waste of human life I have ever seen. I can't stand to watch Phineas and Ferb anymore, because almost all of the episodes now focus around Candace and her storyline is the worst out of the three. Let me just go on record by saying that Phineas and Ferb is one of the greatest cartoons to come out in recent years and the only thing that drags it down from being on par with other great cartoons like MLP:FIM is Candace. Her storyline could be removed from most of the episodes and the only thing that would change is that the show would no longer bear any resemblance to the stupid live action, teenage drama sitcoms that Disney loves to shove down our throats, but that's not the worst of it. Her entire goal in life is to get her brothers in trouble. She tries to justify it by saying that they could get hurt on one of their inventions, but one look at the way she acts, the anger she displays, the cruel way she treats her brothers, despite all of the nice things they've done for her and you'll call bullshit on her. She insults her brothers, takes advantage of them, needlessly makes fun of them, convinces them that they're the reason why Christmas is being canceled in the Christmas episode and laughs at them for believing in Santa. Even in Mission Marvel, when Phineas and Ferb have put their lives on the line to keep Danville safe and worked around the clock to help the super heroes, at the end of the episode Candace still attempts to get them in trouble. That statement speaks louder than anything I could say about her. It's not just her brothers she treats horribly either, her treatment to her best friend Stacy is appalling. She constantly blows Stacy off for either her boyfriend or to get her brothers in trouble, even after Stacy has done so much for her. This would all be fine if Candace was portrayed as only a villain in the series, but she's not. She's supposed to be a character we can relate to, someone for the young teenage audience to look up to. She's teaching young kids all the wrong things about being a teenager, that the behaviour she shows is acceptable and that it's ok to treat the people who are kind to you like utter crap. I hope I never meet anyone like Candace in real life.
something I want to rant about quickly. I've read a lot of stories where Danny gets defeated by his parents or Valerie. I'm sorry, but you think that after a year or two of fighting deadly creatures that can fly, shoot deadly energy blasts from their hands, lift cars with raw strength, shoot fire and lightning, yet he can still be defeated by a fat idiot that can't hit the broad side of a barn, a women who isn't smart enough to see that her own son is the very ghost she's been threatening to re-kill, or a over weight girl with anger issues and a super advanced suit that no one taught her how to use, then you seriously need rethink how well you know Danny phantom. Also, i'm ignoring some of the situations that happened in season three, because let's face it butch Hartman royal Fucked that season up by bringing Danny down to the same power level he was at the end of season 1.
Oh and one more thing, Danny's fought Pariah Dark, A monstrous ghost that's the size of Fenton works without even flinching, but he's terrified of getting punched by a 6'2 blond jock with purple eyes... Go fuck yourself.
A 15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a "slut", no one knows she was raped at age 14. People call another guy "fat", no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be overweight. People call an old man "ugly", no one knows he experienced a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war.
Judging people at first glance is just one of the many things that is holding down society.
Okay people, this part here is going to be offensive to any female writers.
Why is it that I can never find a My Little Pony fanfiction about ponies? It always has to involve some bullshit human coming to equestria or a generic OC being inserted into the story. All I want is a simple My Little Pony fanfiction about either the main six or one of the other side characters, that's all I ask, is it so hard for someone out there to write a fanfiction with no OC's, especially human ones?
Unsafe External Link