Author has written 11 stories for Kim Possible.
Welcome to the Annual FFnet Kim Possible Fannie Awards!
First, thank you to everyone who are keeping Kim Possible alive and well so many years after the show's end in this...the Kimmunity!
Beginning in 2005, a group of original Kimmunity members decided to begin giving awards to honor outstanding KP fanfics. Over time, this grew into a full-on awards show akin to the Oscars or Grammys! These awards are unique to FanFiction-dot-net (FFnet) and are only presented to fanfics from this wonderful site!
Each year there is a new fanfic written combining the real world and the show's canon, in which we the writers and characters from the show attend the awards ceremony. The nominated fanfics get short snippets included in the ceremony (like movie or song clips played at the Oscars or Grammys), and awards are presented by we the writers, and the characters. There is frequently a side-story going on during the ceremony--usually a villain causing some chaos. The side stories sometimes take inspiration from real world current events, or Kimmunity happenings.
On this page you will find the rules, the categories, a link to all past winners, and a link to the current cycle's voting.
Fannies Eligibility Rules
--Eligible fics must have been either published or updated within the current cycle to be considered.
--A person cannot win/be nominated in the same category in two consecutive years.
--You cannot nominate yourself.
--You cannot solicit votes or fill out someone's ballot for them. You CAN promote the Fannies as a whole.
[In the near future, there will be a link here with more detailed/precise rules.]
Link to all eligible fics for this cycle (2020):
Fannies Awards Categories (and Descriptions) (starting from the 17th Fannies Awards)
5) Best AU Story - A fic that takes place outside of the KP world. If a story COULD fit in the original universe - for example, it takes place after the series and doesn't require anything stated or shown in the series to change to work, it's NOT an AU story. If it's a different set of circumstances - whether as simple as Kim and Ron not becoming friends as kids or as complex as being in a steampunk world - that's an AU.
6) Best Crossover (K-M) - A fic that crosses over Kim Possible with something else.
7) Most Unlikely/Unique Story - The fic should be told in a way that you buy it, but basically a story that shows a situation incredibly unlikely (or unique) to happen in the show but still seemingly plausible and possibly hilarious. AU stories count for this category.
8) Best Series Overall - This refers to a series of fics that go together such as SimplyShelbs16's The Center Will Not Hold series, or, a story that has a lot of one-shots published as unconnected chapters (e.g. Gothicthundra's Lipsky Family Shorts or bcbdrums's The Little Ones).
13) Best Comedy Story
14) Best Romance Story
15) Best Friendship Story
16) Best Action/Adventure Story
17) Best Drama Story
22) Best Drabble-Like Story (Rating: K-M Word Count: 50-500) - A very short one-shot. This can be a one-shot contained in an anthology, but it must still be a one-shot (not a chapter of a larger work).
23) Best Mature-Rated One-Shot (Word Count: 500-40K) - This is for fics that are one-shot, one chapter only, rated M in the FFn rating system. This can also be a one-shot contained in an anthology.
24) Best Mature-Rated Short-Story (Word Count: 500-15K) - Best M-rated fic, for both one-shots and multi-chapter stories. This can include a one-shot contained in an anthology.
25) Best Mature-Rated Medium-Sized Story (Word Count: 15K-40K) - Best M-rated fic, for both one-shots and multi-chapter stories.
26) Best Mature-Rated Novel-Sized Story (Word Count: 40K and above) - Best M-rated fic, for multi-chapter stories only.
30) CPNeb Memorial Award - This award, unique to the fandom, is presented to the individual who has made significant contributions throughout his/her Kimmunity career. It is given in honor of a long-time Kimmunity member who has passed away. This award is not limited to FFnet, but people from DeviantART, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Archive Of Our Own, and the KP Forums that are still active can also be nominated.
The rules for the CPNeb Award are as follows.
--Members must be in good standing in the Kimmunity or above.
--Members must have been in the Kimmunity and contributing for a minimum of 3 years.
--Members must be active as of the writing of this year's Fannies.
--However, if a member is currently inactive but has been active between 6 months to 2 years of the award cycle and meets all other requirements, they are also eligible for the award.
--This award can only be given once per member. Once they win it, they cannot win it again.
32) Best Reviewer - The Fannies equivalent of Miss Congeniality. This award could be given for sheer number of reviews, for exceptionally insightful reviews, someone who reviews stories by many people, or something else entirely or a combination of all!
33) Best Story of the Year - an overall award.
34) Best Writer of the Year - an overall award.
How To Nominate
There are certain windows for nomination, which will be announced here and in the FFn forums. The window for this cycle is closed.
Nomination process and rules:
--Send a PM to this FFnet account including: the award category, the story title, and the writer's name, in that order.
--You may nominate for as many/few categories as you want.
--You may nominate multiple writers/stories per category, but cannot nominate the same writer twice per category.
--You CANNOT nominate yourself in any category.
--You can only send nominations ONCE per cycle, so be sure you're ready when you prep your PM.
[A link with further explanation will be posted soon.]
Current Voting Cycle
The 16th Fannies winners have been decided and the 16th Fannies Awards fanfic is being posted!
All Past Fannies Winners
The Fannies Awards Ceremony Fics
Hosted on this account are the 5th, and 8th through current Fannies Awards! In the Favorites section you'll find the 1st through 4th Fannies, hosted on Zaratan's account, who first conceived of the idea of the fannies. Note, there were no stories written for the 6th and 7th Fannies.
Good luck to all current nominees, and congratulations to all past winners!
Long Live the Kimmunity!