Author has written 11 stories for Halo, Battlefield, Pokémon, Mass Effect, Shingeki no Kyojin/進撃の巨人, Sword Art Online/ソードアート・オンライン, Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri, and Division.
- "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
- "Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." - Lloyd Alexander
- "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." - Ray Bradbury
[AUTHOR SOURCE INFO]
Nickname(s): "Rip, Phantom"
History: "Patriot, World Traveler, Chinese-descent, British-descent, Varsity Swimmer"
Occupation: "College Student, Engineer-in-Training"
Activities: "Fiction Author, Airsoft Hobbyist, Gamer"
Genre Experience: "Military Fiction, Science Fiction"
"An young man on a journey."
Confidant Authors: Agent 94, ThisIsTheGreatestUsername, Faust1812, BlueWay, Karaya 2
- The Artist's Zone - (AquilaTempestas, Founder) An online Fanfiction community seeking to be a haven for writers. No major focus, built off a legacy of Pokemon - friendly to all fandoms. Join up if you like, I am a former Chat Moderator. Not on that much anymore though.
- Tales From the Special Region Troops (Faust1812, Founder) An online Fanfiction community dedicated heavily to military discussion and other, more explicit topics based in the GATE anime community. Mostly a discussion thread, it is a great place to just screw off or look for good writing advice - I am a current forum moderator.
- FictionPress (RiptideZ) - This is my FictionPress Account, I have two posted short stories, nothing spectacular. I don't currently write original fiction though much of my Fanfiction bleeds in that direction and I may reinterpret some of my works there if I see fit at a later date. I'm not active on FictionPress.
So many can tell, I'm not exactly as active as I used to be. Well, that is an exaggeration - I am often on here, but producing actual reading material right now has come to a standstill. I haven't labeled my stories as on hiatus, so, what gives?
College. Life. That is my explanation. It isn't the full truth, but it is the most I'm willing to reveal because I do have some stuff coming down the pipeline. Not soon, I can't say when my new stuff will be available, but, I can give some ideas on what I'm working on. My motivation is: I've hit a new point in my writing track, I'm starting to push more toward writing my own original fiction, I'm not ready to jump into those waters - but, you can expect unique premises from me. Though, I guess I've always been someone doing that so it doesn't really count.
Either way, I'm now moving toward more of my own ideas and trying to write stories that can with tweaks be treated as original fiction at times. I'm also trying to play into deeper topics now - politics and military fiction aside, I want to get more Shakespearean with my stuff - can I say that? I want to try and get more emotion and more detail and substance from my writing and create my own, I guess style going.
Either way, I am working on some surprises. At the current moment, it would be easiest to say - all my stories are currently on a hiatus of some sort. Undefined time. Just that it will be some time before things become active once more.
I can't reveal too much, but, beyond working with other writers on improving their stories as an unofficial beta and providing advice as a freelance - beyond working on forums and communities in some capacities. I have been writing and creating new ideas behind the scenes.
I am shutting down some of my old story ideas, I don't expect to finish them as I find my disinterest or lack of satisfaction with them. Now, newer ideas include rewrites or re-imagining of my older works but also, totally new ideas.
I will leave you all with this. I have a major Sword Art Online work in development, it will be my first major story in a while - expect an original premise with reference to the original material and a break from the original story line. This will be entirely unique, also, guns.
Other material includes a revisit to my forum adventures in the Gate Fandom. A continuation of my partnership with BlueWay on working on a side story to Manifest Destiny. A potential return to the universe of Tom Clancy's The Division. It seems I've become something of the defining writer of that fandom, I'm not sure if I'm ready to pack up and leave - its one of the few games I have on my computer at this point. I was disappointed with what I've heard about the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie, I didn't go see it but I spoiled it for myself - I'm thinking about writing my own version, anyone interested?
I'm not sure where to take my interest in science fiction right now; Beyond Contact, now Brawler Doctrine, remains my most popular story ever. Should I return to it, and what about the Rainforest Wars? I'm thinking about returning to the Mass Effect universe, I recently acquired Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and I'm enjoying the universe - maybe I will come back at some point.
There is also, my shorter stories, not discussed - well, we will see. I want to thank everyone who has stuck with me through this long career of writing these unrefined thoughts of mine. I really want to get better at this! There maybe some big surprises ahead.
|Community:||Blades of Worth|
|Focus:||Anime/Manga Sword Art Online/ソードアート・オンライン|