Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, and Fairy Tales.
Hello there. I'm bathtubblogger or Kiley (Kiles).
Here are 10 essential things to know about me in order to survive.
1) Currently my favorite musicians are the bands/singers: Muse, The Script, Coldplay, Gotye, and Adele.
2) My favorite pairing is Draco/Ginny.
3) I'm a 17 year old girl who loves reading. I do not live in Iowa. I am extraordinarily lazy and unorganized.
4) My favorite color is blue, especially navy and cobalt.
5) I adore music. I listen to all kinds, from classical to rap, but everything I listen to has the weird coincidence of being incredibly good.
6) When I grow up, I want to be involved in the science field. I'm fascinated by biochemistry and neuroscience. If he wasn't so old, I wouldn't hesitate to marry Oliver Sacks. Actually, now that I think about it, if I were of legal age I'd marry him no matter how old he was.
7) Johnny Depp is mine. He just hasn't realized it yet. (Edit: Now that the tabloids are blowing up with rumors about his separation from his long-time GF, I feel kind of bad for writing this. They always seemed so sweet to me! I hate when celebs who have been dating for a long time break up.)
8) I play soccer (central defense), and I love Messi. If you do not know who he is, I highly suggest reading up before talking to me. I am also assistant coaching for the craziest group of nine year old girls ever.
9) I also dance (thirteenth year!), and it is one of my passions besides writing. I've been focusing on contemporary ballet, but sometimes I venture into modern or jazz or back into classical ballet. I desperately wish I could tap dance, but after thirteen years of trying I've reconciled myself to the fact that I will never be a tap dancer.
10) Since I like to believe I am a very warm and open person, feel free to PM me about anything. World Cup videos, book recs, songs. Just no death threats, please.
(Draco/Ginny will always hold my heart, but I am willing to read anything. If you have a fic rec, see number 10.)
I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF:
The DG Forum!, Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges forum, Bellatrix Lestrange: The Dark Lord's Most Faithful forum, and I'm an honorary Slytherin over at The Slytherin Corner.
Featured Authors of the Month, or however long it takes me to update this:
These authors have impressed me with their skill, their determination, or just their sincere awesomeness.
MY STORIES (Updated 6.22.11)
I've Got You Under My Skin- Drabble (plus a few oneshots) series all pertaining to Draco/Ginny.
Hogwarts, A Story- drabble/oneshot collection all about Hogwarts students and teachers, as well as the Ministry of Magic, the Order of the Phoenix, etc.
A Long Way to Fall- a series of seven drabbles and oneshots all about the Seven Deadly Sins. In progress.
A Small Pause- Ernie's view of the Battle of Hogwarts. Hannah/Ernie. Complete.
Weasley's Best Baked Biscuits- Draco discovers Ginny's secret ingredient. Complete.
A Quadruplicate: Quidditch Talks and Quaffles- A collection of oneshots written for different writing challenges all relating to Lee Jordan, Angelina Johnson, Fred Weasley, and Katie Bell. In progress.
The Fields of Enna- Ginny's seventh year at Hogwarts. Non-epilogue compliant. Draco/Ginny. In progress. NOTICE: Plot being rewritten. Fifth chapter to be posted before the end of August. If I haven't posted it by then, start harrassing me to get on track.
Temptation Is a Delicious Thing- Albus and Gellert look back on past mistakes. Written for Mama Goob's challenge on the HPFC forum titled It Takes 12 To Make a Quorum. Updated monthly. NOTICE: Updating schedule pushed back. Expect third chapter to be posted by the end of July.
Worth Fighting For- Alice and Frank's life, from their first meeting to their torture. In progress. NOTICE: Plot being rewritten. Second chapter should appear before the end of August.
A Long and Twisting Road- Lily and James' seventh year at Hogwarts. NOTICE: This fic has been put on hiatus until further notice. I am in the process of outlining the new and improved plot.
White Snow: The Mostly True Story of Snow White- a retelling of the famous fairytale Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. NOTICE: This fic has also been put on haitus until further notice. I am sure my beta has deserted me because I haven't given her any material for a long time. I need to do a lot more research on this piece before I pick it up again.
I have loads of other challenges I'm currently writing for HPFC. Please realize that my challenges that have due dates ARE MY PRIORITY and I will work on those before I continue my other fics. Thanks.
I am a beta reader and am willing to read pretty much anything HP related. Feel free to PM or email me with questions after you've checked out my beta profile.
Check out my Harry Potter challenge at HPFC: "Hedwig, We're Not In Kansas Anymore" Challenge.
The April Fool's "Gotcha" Challenge at the DG! Forum, which ended 4.16.11. Check out my favorite stories for the entries- they were all wonderful!
Boogum's "How To Woo a Taciturn Head Boy" (Through the Keyhole Ch. 22)
rowan-greenleaf's "Something Sweet"
TASHAx's "He Who Hesitates"
Loving Your Smile's "Your Admirer"
I am a member of the noble house of Gryffindor, as sorted by the Sorting Queen Leigh and her assistant Ky over at the The DG Forum.
My wand, as given to me by Mandie from Malivander's Wand Shop at The DG Forum:
For Kiles, unsorted. (Ahem, now I'm in Gryffindor. Just saying.)
Flexibility: Springy, Core: Snidget Feather, Wood: Birch, Length: 14"
Can I just say this entire submission gave me quite the giggle? Very entertaining. Anyway, here again I first believed our darling Kiley here would be an Ivy wood going along with her birth date on the celtic wood chart, 14" in length, a Phoenix core, and a sturdy flexibility. I then looked up the definition of Ivy on the celtic chart. Absolutely not our dear Kiles here. I then reevaluated. Kiley is meant for Potions, no? So why not an extremely rare core? A Snidget Feather which are great for dueling, charm work and potions. I had to apparate all the way to Durmstrang just to collect it! Anyway, I decided the length was just right. I kept it at 14" inches exactly. The wood gave me quite the trouble. I wasn't sure what would suit Kiles best, until I stumbled across the meaning of Birch wood. (Youthful, Renewal, Beginning.) How much better could I have found it? I immediately found one of my best Birch carved wands, with a rather intriguing pattern of swirls carved into it. I finally came back to the flexibility issue. Should I have stayed with sturdy? Of course not! I changed the flex of Kiles' wand to springy, for a good balance with her rare and powerful core.
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Spoken by Atticus Finch, by Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird