Poll: What should my next fanfic be? No idea if it'll happen, but I'd like to see what you all think! Vote Now!
Author has written 4 stories for Hunger Games.
“I’m pure at heart. It repels the dirt.” -Isabelle Lightwood, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
THE LION KING IS MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME! That is, in fact, why it is my avatar. I'm kinda going through a "Disney movies, bubble wrap, coloring books, Narnia!" phase in my life.
Hey people! PureAtHeart here! I have my own Facebook fan page! Go search "PureAtHeart-Fanfiction" and like it! :D
Here's all about me!:
MY FAVORITE SONG: Changed By You by Between the Trees!
In case you can't tell, I'm a very happy, optimistic person. :D
I'm an aspiring author. I have multiple ideas for original novels that I've started to kick into gear. Fanfiction is just the beginning. :)
I was one of the lucky people who got into Pottermore early! I stayed up all night waiting for the clue, and I got in! Its really fun so far. My wand is a beautiful dogwood with phoenix feather core, twelve and a half inches, and surprisingly swishy! My favorite part was being sorted into a House by answering questions that J.K. Rowling came up with herself. I got sorted in SLYTHERIN HOUSE! At first, I was kind of upset. But then, I realized that Slytherin is pretty BA. So, I feel slightly evil and cunning.
A few of my favorite things: My favorite TV shows are Glee, the Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, Switched at Birth, and the Glee Project. My favorite movies are the Proposal, the Harry Potter movies, Lord of the Rings, How Do You Know, and any DISNEY movies! My favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, 30 Seconds to Mars, Green Day, Blink-182, Nickelback, Lifehouse, Switchfoot, Hellogoodbye, Mayday Parade, Fee, Leeland, Between the Trees, My Darkest Days, and basically any 80's rock bands.
MY. FAVORITE. BOOKS: The Hunger Games, The Iron Fey, The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, Fallen, Percy Jackson and Olympians, GONE, I Am Number Four, Witch and Wizard, Daughters of the Moon, and many others whose names I cannot think of off the top of my head.
Without My Mockingjay CAST! (Not official, my personal choices):
Peeta: Hunter Parrish
Katniss: Jennifer Lawerence
Gale: Adam Gregory
Haymitch: Robert Downey Jr.
Finnick: Garrett Hedlund
Adyn: Chace Crawford
Cloud: Jake Abel
Wesley: Chris Evans
Snow: Christoph Waltz
Coin: Helen Mirren
Han: Austin Butler
Cinna: Hugh Dancy
NOW BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT ME, I MUST SAY THAT I LOVE THE OFFICIAL HUNGER GAMES CAST. THESE ARE JUST MY CHOICES FOR MY PERSONAL FANFIC. :)
Some random facts you should know about me..
1) I am an outgoing, creative person. I'm one of those people that is constantly thinking, their imagination at work all the time. Even in school when I should be listening, I'm not, because I'm thinking about what should come next in my novels. And the thing is, I love thinking. Even though the human mind can be considered one of the most dangerous things known to man, I embrace the creativity of my mind.
2) My hair looks like a lion's mane. ITS THAT CURLY. Its pretty normal for me to be walking with my family/friends at the mall and have at least two or three strangers walk up to me, say, "I love your hair!", and start stroking it like a creeper. I put a fake smile on my face and say, "Thank you...", but really, in my mind, I'm screaming, "GET AWAY FROM ME AND MY HAIR, YOU FREAK!".
3) I'm half-Hispanic. I'm proud of my Hispanic heritage. But here's the thing...I'm probably the whitest half-Hispanic you'll ever meet. My skin is so pale, if I went outside wearing short-shorts in the winter, I'd have to put on sunglasses if I look down at my legs. That's right. I'M BLINDING.
4) I love Harry Potter. I always will. My kids WILL read all the books and watch the movies. And they will love them. I saw the first movie when I was little, and was an avid fan until the last movie. I didn't actually read the books until eighth grade, but when I did, I immediately fell in love with them. The books are ten times better than the movies. Most of my friends are Harry Potter fans too. We're the type of fans that dressed up anytime we saw the movie in theatres, or randomly shout out spells at each other in the hallways at school. Harry Potter was my childhood, and it will always be a part of my life.
5) I dance. I've danced since I was five years old. Every year. Even when I was playing soccer. I'm not one of those people that is good at the technical aspect of dance (triple turns, axles, calypsos, etc.). I'm just someone who loves the idea of dance. I'm on my school's dance team, and its been so much fun. Dancing is just flat out amazing.
6) I am VERY emotional and sensitive. Show me a movie that you claim is a comedy, make me read a parody, I'll find some reason to cry. I can't watch movies about dogs. Marley and Me. Old Yeller. THE DOG ALWAYS DIES. AND I ALWAYS CRY FIFTY BILLION TEARS. I've cried in How Do You Know, ANY DISNEY MOVIE, Harry Potter, Soul Surfer, Hunger Games, the Iron Fey, Maximum Ride, Mortal Instruments... You name it, I've probably cried.
7) I always have been a VERY optimistic person! The glass is half-full. Enough said.
8) Honestly, I don't care if I make a fool of myself in public. I've had sword fights in the middle of Walmart before. I'll do high-kicks, I'll shout out random Harry Potter spells, I'll thrust my arms out while I'm telling a story. I don't care. I'm just being who I am.
9) I WILL stand up for anything, including my beliefs and my friends. Trust me.
10) I've debated what I want to be my entire life. I started off wanting to be a meterologist. Then, a lawyer. And then a film director/screenwriter. And NOW, my dream is to work for a book publishing company as a copyeditor (the editor who edits grammar, spelling, etc.). Don't ask me where I want to go to college yet, because I honestly don't know.
11) I will always be myself. Don't try and change me.
Some things that you don't need to know about me, but that I feel like sharing..
1) I am a Pisces.
2) I am a SLYTHERIN.
3) I am a nerd. NERD SWAG.
4) I love acting.
5) I'm from the South.
6) There is one wall in my bedroom that is ENTIRELY dedicated to DISNEY.
7) I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts acceptance letter.
8) Peeta Mellark, Jace Lightwood, Daniel Grigori, and Adrian King are my dream men.
9) My celebrity crush is Chris Hemsworth.
10) My conscience speaks in a British accent...don't ask.
To those of you who hate Peeta in Mockingjay, I really judge you.
You claim that the hijacked Peeta "wasn't the same as he was before" or "is horrible". NO. Yes, his mind was messed with by the Capitol. Yes, he absolutely HATED Katniss. But to me, this seemed like a necessary character development event. What makes Peeta so amazing and strong in this book is the fact that he overcame probably the greatest brainwashing in the history of literature. Heck, probably in the history of forever. How? He is PEETA MELLARK. He basically had to take what he was told and make an opinion and decide if he was being told the truth or not. And when he fought his way through this hijacking, he proved that he really did and does love her. Nothing, not even poison, could stop that love. This proves that he is probably the strongest character in this series.
So now that you've read this, go reread Mockingjay and think about how amazing Peeta really is.
RANDOM SHORT BOOK REVIEWS!:
1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. In case you can't tell, I love this series. The thing that kept me hooked was the fact that it was more action-packed than love-triangle-packed. Don't get me wrong; I like love triangles. But sometimes, its just too much. If you're looking for action, some love, and intense cliffhangers that keep you reading long into the night, this is for you.
2) Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. My inspiration/childhood. When I get bored, I'll sometimes pull out a Harry Potter book and read a few chapters. And every time, I discover something new. The world of Harry Potter is so complex; it'll keep you wondering how the heck she came up with all of this. Even if you've seen the movies, you need to read the books. There's so much more in them. Highly recommend!
3) The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. Now, if you want more love with a bit of action in between, read this. There's no love triangles, but there are twists like you would not believe. There are five books in the series of far with one to go, and each of them has kept me reading until 2 AM on school nights. Read this is you like to read books with twists you'll never see coming.
4) The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. One of my all-time favorite series. I read all four books in one week. There are cliffhangers and twists and things you won't ever see coming. Its about a girl whose brother is kidnapped and taken to a world of faeries and monsters. And, she learns some things about herself while she's there. Another love triangle! Team Ash, for sure!
5) Matched by Ally Condie. I wasn't really into this series, at first. It was strange to me. And then, out of no where, it got good. I don't have a lot to say about this series, but if you loved Hunger Games, read this.
6) Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I need to take some cliffhanger lessons from this lady. SHE HAS SOME OF THE BEST ONES I'VE EVER READ AND THEY'RE ALWAYS AT THE VERY END OF THE BOOK! Another post-apocalyptic novel about a world where love is a disease, and citizens are given "The Cure" and suddenly cannot love anymore. Seriously. Read this book if you loved Matched or Hunger Games.
I, PureAtHeart, do solemnly swear to review all of the fics I read,
Thanks for reading! PureAtHeart, out.
Unsafe External Link