Author has written 7 stories for Harry Potter.
Hey! I'm mermaidgirl45, or Ariel. =) I'm very friendly, and I promise I don't hex people for fun! Feel free to shoot me a message.
Stories I've Written
1. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall was my first piece of work and apart of a personal challenge I decided to do. It details what I believe to be the history of the Mirror of Erised and the thoughts of those who look through it.
2. The Bathroom is the second part of the Inanimate Perspective Challenge and is a story from the perspective of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. It's a combination of canon events and events from my own mind, and the worst thing I've written, but for some reason, refuse to take down.
3. Just a Boggart was my inner author posessing me. Re-reading the book, one line got stuck in my head until I finally wrote this fic about Sirius seeing Molly Weasley's boggart, and therefore seeing Harry lying dead on the floor.
4. A Pink Teacup is my first response for a challenge and focuses on Aberforth and Ariana before the attack.
5. Shopping is a humorous one-shot where Fabian Prewett takes his younger brother, Gideon, shopping at Diagon Alley and all the mishaps that happen along the way. It's my favorite story, as I've had the most fun writing it, and I like the plot and writing the most. =)
6. To Dwell on Dreams is a dreaded "The Characters Read the Books" story, but very different from most. I'm making a very conscious effort to have the book have much more plot and emotional response and a lot less running commentary. It's updated rather slowly but surely.
7. It All Ends Here is my very emotional response to the "End of an Era" of Harry Potter. It's a countdown where each day, I "write" to JK Rowling detailing something we'll all miss from the books.
Random Facts About Me:
~Despite my name, I am indeed terrfied of lakes and am a reluctant swimmer.
Concerning Harry Potter (of which my life almost revolves around):
~I am a proud, certainly not brave, kinda hard-working, ambitious Ravenclaw.
Favorites (Because I'm bored =):
Not-so-regretfully, I am an extreme Neville Longbottom fan girl. Therefore I have copied from Geekiness-Is-LOVE:
1. Neville Longbottom's tears cure basilisk venom. Too bad he has never cried.
2. Neville Longbottom's dot on the Marauder's Map is labeled "B.A.M.F."
3. Chuck Norris's boggart is Neville Longbottom.
4. They were going to release a Hogwarts edition of Clue but the answer always turned out to be "Neville Longbottom, in the courtyard, with the sword of Godric Gryffindor."
5. Professor Quirrel didn’t have to fake his stammer in Neville’s presence.
6. The seventh book initially followed Neville's last year at Hogwarts, but J.K. Rowling changed it to Harry's endless camping adventures to bring the rating down to PG-13.
7. Merlin was awarded an Order Of Neville (Third Class).
8. When Neville Longbottom uses the Knight Bus, he calls himself Harry Potter to avoid all the attention.
9. Dragon's blood has twelve uses. There are forty-three uses for Neville Longbottom's blood with more being discovered every day.
10. They were going to rename Diagon Alley in Neville's honor, but they decided not to because no one crosses Neville Longbottom and lives.
11. The wizard prison was originally named after Neville - it used to be Bad-Asskaban.
12. If Grindewald and Voldemort were to get in a fight, Neville would win.
13. Muggles don't know about Lord Voldemort, but they do know about Neville Longbottom.
If you read Deathly Hallows in under a week, copy and paste this,then add your name and how long it took you to read the book, (Cannotstopwriting - 1 day, Rhr4eva - 4 days, FrancisLilyFlower - 4 days, phoebe.cole.forever - 4 days, Livelier - 2 days, mermaidgirl45 - 1 Day)
If you are completely and hopelessly addicted to Harry potter, then paste this into your profile.
Copy and paste this into your profile to join the revolution =)
I, mermaidgirl45, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age or anything else.
I have joined the Review Revolution.
^Note: To this day, I have kept this promise, even though it's been super hard. I've found it actually helps your writing somehow.
Taken from Chapter Nine of "The Wall" by brenners:
Disclaimer: JKR wrote 7 elaborately plotted books in about 15 years. I can't get 650 words done in 4 months. It seems unlikely that we are one and the same.
If you are obsessed with fanfiction copy this into your profile.
+For anyone who sat up late into the night because they had to figure out what happened next.
Question 1: What is your favorite Harry Potter book and why? Least favorite?
My least favorite would have to be Half-Blood Prince. I finished reading it, and thought . . . nothing . . . happened, really, except until the very end.
Question 2: What is your favorite Harry Potter movie and why? Least favorite?
Question 3: Who is your favorite character?
Question 4: Who's Your Favorite Teacher at Hogwarts?
Question 6: Who is your favorite Death Eater (You-Know-Who included)?
Question 7: Who is your favorite Hogwarts Student?
Question 8: What house would you want to be in? Which house do you think you would be sorted into?
Question 9: Would you join the Order or the Death Eaters?
Question 10: If you could choose any character to be your boyfriend/girlfriend, who would it be?
Question 11: Who would be your best friend?
Question 12: Warner Brothers postponed the release date of the Half-Blood Prince movie to July of 2009. What are your thoughts on this?
I wasn’t even aware. I didn’t read the books until summer of 2010.
Question 13: What is your favorite magical creature?
Question 15: Would you throw Dolores Umbridge into a boiling vat of acid?
Question 16: What character would you dress up as for Halloween?
Tonks! She can change her hair color! =D
Question 17: How did you get your copy of The Deathly Hallows?
Question 18: How did you get into Harry Potter?
Question 19: What is one memorable experience you have had involving the series?
Question 20: Have you ever seen a movie you were not particularly interested in, simply because it had a Harry Potter actor in it?
21: Would you go to Hogwarts, Durmstrang, or Beaubatons?
Question 22: What was your favorite Triwizard task?
Question 23: Before you read The Deathly Hallows, what was your opinion of Snape?
Question 24: Do you read or write fanfiction?
Question 25: Which spell do you wish you could use in real life?
Question 26: What position would you play in Quidditch?
Question 27: What was your favorite moment in any of the books?
Question 28: What event in the series did you wish had happened differently?
Question 29: Would you join the DA?
Question 30: Do you think You-Know-Who has EVER had a girlfriend?
Question 31: What name from the series would you be willing to change your own name to?
Question 33: What would your pet be?
Question 34: If you could belong to any family in the series, which would it be?
Question 35: Which Hallow would you most like to have?
Question 36: What is your favorite Horcrux?
Question 37: Ever seen Potter Puppet Pals?
Question 38: What would your patronus be?
Question 39: What would be your animagus form?
Question 40: Who is your favorite Marauder?
Question 41: If you went to Diagon Alley, where would you go first?
Question 42: Favorite member of the Black family?
Question 43: Favorite member of the Weasley family?
Question 44: Who should have won the Tri Wizard Cup?
Question 45: Who is your favorite actor in the films?
Question 46: (insert actor here) should totally play (insert character here).
Question 47: What would you wear to the Yule Ball?
Question 48: How many times have you read the series?
Question 49: Who is your favorite couple?
Question 50: Did you like this survey?
Remus J. Lupin
Alastor ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody
Tom Marvelo Riddle a.k.a. Voldemort
Couples? What Do You Think?
Harry/Ginny? I didn't overly love Ginny in the books, and I felt she didn't enough "screen time." Re-reading the books however, I guess she's pretty funny. =)
Ron/Hermione?Oooh. Controversy. You either like it or you hate it. Again, for a while I didn't like it, because I thought Hermione deserved better, but really I do like it a lot. =)
Harry/Hermione? No, not really.
Harry/Luna?Yep. =) Luna's so sweet and open and simple, Harry could easily confide in her. However, it just wasn't meant to be.
Harry/Pansy?Wash your mouth out with soap.
Ron/Lavander?EWW. That was so nasty. I hate that girl. I really do.
Ron/Luna?Ron's too insensitive and impatient.
Ron/Pansy?Go wash your mouth out with soap again.
Ron/Fleur?Haha, it was kinda funny, but they would fight way too much.
Hermione/Krum?Aww! Yes! I like Krum. I really do, and I think that would have been very sweet. However, it wouldn't've been as exciting as Ron.
Hermione/Draco?Oooh. So hard. I think if Draco matured a lot more, and cirumstances threw them together, it might be possible. However, just because I love the "tragic backstory" thing doesn't mean Hermione does.
Hermione/Fred OR George?That's just like . . . impossible. Although they may have done it to tick Ron off. That would be HYSTERICAL.
James/Lily?Um, yes. I hated James when he was younger, but he loves Lily. No one can deny that. He's changed a lot.
Lily/Snape?I would've loved this. Snape needed a friend so bad, but I think he would've dragged Lily down with him.
Lily/Sirius?Are. You. Kidding?
Lily/Lupin?I've never even thought of this. Honestly. Um . . . I kinda can see it, but James would kill him before any relationship could develop.
Tonks/Lupin?AWWW!!! YES, YES, YES! =D
Draco/Pansy?I hate Pansy. Even Draco the Death Eater deserves better.
Fred/Angelina?Yeah, actually. Angelina would balance him out. Can you imagine him married to a fellow prankster? The world would fall apart.
Bill/Fleur?Yeah. I wish he had seen more of that relationship, though.
Harry/Cho?We didn't really get to see much of Cho because she was grieving. She was nice, but she wasn't perfect for Harry.
Neville/Luna? Absolutely! We both knew them so well, and they both go paired off to someone we really don't know.
Neville/Hermione? Ehh . . . Maybe when Neville matures at the end, but honestly, I doubt it.
Analie Janes (1)
brahdley jims (49)
Fresh Water Plimpy (29)
Grimm Sister (15)
Our Eleventh Hour (39)