Author has written 29 stories for Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy VII, Chronicles of Narnia, Inuyasha, Labyrinth, Naruto, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Pokémon, Familiar of Zero, and Polar Express.
‘The Head of Phantomhive, Lucius Malfoy’ challenge
From the time he was 5, Lucius has silently hated the fact that his father, by following Lord Voldemort, blatantly disobeys the family creed ‘Malfoys bow to No One’. When he is 9, during a horseback ride he discovers the Phantomhive Manor which has fallen into disrepair. For once feeling like a Gryffindor, he explores the empty Manor and discovers a book which is strangely pristine. Taking it home, he discovers that it is none other than the journal of Ciel Phantomhive. Fascinated with this child Earl, Lucius devours the book.
He discovers the little Lord, after forging a contract with a demon whom he calls Sebastian Michaelis, proceeds to perform his duties as the Queen’s Guard Dog like a true Slytherin despite being a Muggle. Reading about how when Ciel finally had a chance to sort out his affairs after the revelation of the Queen’s treachery against the House of Phantomhive and the whole Trancy affair is settled, thanks to the Phantomhives having Wizarding relatives in the past Ciel decides that he shall entrust the Head of House ring to the Goblins (who, despite distrusting demons, are still willing to conduct business with them) until he is able to find an heir he deems worthy to take on the Phantomhive name. Furthermore, he lists in his Will that the one who wears the Ring, if they so wish and if the Royal Family agrees, shall take up both the title of Earl and the Royal Family’s Guard Dog. If they do not wish to be the Royal Family’s Guard Dog, however, then they shall simply be the magical Head of the Noble House of Phantomhive.
At the end of the journal, however, Lucius discovers something fascinating- apparently Lucifer, once he had heard about how one of his best demons was tricked into being the butler of a child turned demon for all of eternity, decided to punish the two demons by forcing them into an enchanted sleep until they are summoned by one who desires to have demons working for them, but is unwilling to risk their soul for it. Once they are summoned, they will be forced to work for the summoner with the knowledge that when the time comes for them to leave the summoner’s service they will never claim the summoner’s soul. There is a bit of hope for the demon Sebastian Michaelis, however- the summoner, should they feel like it, would be able to dissolve the contract between the two demons so that Sebastian would be free from Ciel forever more.
Now… how is Lucius, a Slytherin through and through, supposed to pass up an opportunity to gain the power of demonic servants without sacrificing his soul?
- Lucius can be Grey or Dark, but not Evil.
- Lucius MUST eventually be found worthy of becoming the new Head of the Phantomhive family by the time he enters his second year at Hogwarts.
- While Lucius becoming the Royal Family’s Guard Dog is allowed, he must do it in a way that allows him to still hold true to the creed ‘Malfoys bow to No One’.
- Lucius may NOT ally himself with Dumbledore OR Voldemort, although he may understand each of their POVs.
- While he is allowed to look down on Muggles, Lucius MUST be at least tolerant towards Muggleborns. After all, a Slytherin should never waste a potential resource.
- Dumbledore may NOT be bashed, nor can he be evil. Having him be narrow-minded on what’s right and wrong, and manipulating people towards what he believes to be ‘The Greater Good’ is acceptable, however.
- Peter Pettigrew is never allowed to join Lucius. However, if you can manage it then James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin may fight for Lucius’ side. However, they are NOT allowed to be OOC.
- The only Marauder that is allowed to be bashed is Pettigrew. The others, despite their alliances, must NOT be bashed.
- Lily Evans may NOT be bashed, however if you can manage it she may fight on Lucius’ side. You may have her be descended from Elizabeth Midford as an interesting twist (their eyes are extraordinarily similar, and they’re both prodigies in their respective fighting styles), however Ciel may NOT be her ancestor. If you choose this route, you must explain how Lily is descended from Elizabeth (and no, you can’t have her be adopted into the Evans family).
- Severus Snape may NOT be bashed. Having him join Lucius is preferable, however it is not mandatory.
- Narcissa Black may NOT be bashed. If Lily joins Lucius, however, it is preferable that she teaches Lily Wizarding Customs.
- Barty Crouch, Jr. may NOT be bashed. Having him join Lucius is preferable, however it is not mandatory.
- Rita Skeeter is allowed to join Lucius, however it is not mandatory. While bashing is allowed, it is not preferable (again, Slytherins never waste a potential resource).
- Dolores Umbridge, Cornelius Fudge, and Gilderoy Lockhart are NOT allowed to join Lucius. Furthermore, you may bash these three characters to your heart’s content (especially Umbridge and Lockhart).
- At one point in Lucius’ Hogwarts Career, one of the above mentioned people MUST discover Sebastian and Ciel’s true identities as demons.
- Lucius MUST have a confrontation with his father at one point over the Malfoy Creed. Whether this results in Lucius’ split from his family, however, is up to you. If there is a split, however, then Lucius MUST take on the name of Phantomhive.
- Having the Shinigami show up is preferable, especially William, Grell, and the Undertaker. However, they may NOT be OOC. They may, however, agree to help Lucius, Sebastian, and Ciel when it comes to hunting down Voldemort’s Horcruxes (William, especially, may be pissed at their existence- they create a ton of paperwork, after all).
- The Deathly Hallows are optional, however if you choose to have them there MUST be a valid explanation as to why the Shinigami Division allow them to exist. Furthermore, Lucius is NOT allowed to collect all three, although he IS allowed to have either the Elder Wand or the Resurrection Stone (just not both).
- Ciel must be true to character, however you can make it so that he has to dress and bathe himself instead of having Sebastian do it.
- Sebastian must be true to character. He may, however, be resentful that he will never gain Ciel’s or Lucius’ soul.
- Sebastian and Ciel are allowed to have/gain demonic names. I have come across a lot of fanfictions that use the head-canon that Sebastian is Malphas, however, so I would keep that in mind.
- The relationship between Lucius and the demons is allowed to be rocky at first, however by the time the demons’ true natures are discovered they MUST make as effective a team as Sebastian and Ciel did when Ciel was a human. Furthermore, if you give Sebastian and Ciel demonic names, then it is optional that Lucius learns them (however, I will allow him learning those names in order to summon the two of them).
- Elements from the Kuroshitsuji manga are allowed, however you MUST treat Alois Trancy and his household as canon (I’m really sorry about this one, but sadly the plot calls for it. You are allowed to bash them, though).
- The demons must NOT be shipped with any of the humans. Other supernatural beings (including each other), however, are up for grabs as long as it’s believable in their characters (which means no Sebastian/Grell unless Sebastian’s ordered to by either Ciel or Lucius). Shinigami, however, ARE allowed to be shipped with humans (after all, Grell DID state that he had loved Madam Red before he killed her). However, you MUST address Shinigami policy on dating humans.
- Canon pairings are preferable, however as long as it’s within character than non-canon pairings are also allowed.
- Boy/boy and girl/girl pairings are allowed, as long as it’s believable. However, due to the time period any characters with Muggle ties must be educated about the Wizarding stance on same-sex couples.
- Mpreg is also allowed, but you MUST provide a viable explanation as to how males can get pregnant (for example, you can have a potion that will adapt the body to create a uterus and eggs, or you can have magical males be born with a small sac that will develop into a uterus and ovaries when certain conditions are met, but you can’t just use magic as an excuse). If you have Mpreg, then you must ALSO allow for any girl/girl pairs to create their own children without the need of a sperm donor as well (and again, you must provide a viable explanation as to how a female can produce sperm).
- When the time comes for Sebastian and Ciel to be freed from their contract, they must NOT hunt down any of Lucius’ family (unless you have Lucius split from his father, in which case Abraxas is an acceptable prey). Other families, however, are acceptable.
- While optional, it is preferable that Lucius frees Sebastian from his contract with Ciel.
- Lucifer MUST show up at one point, although having him be in contact Lucius is optional.
- Claude Faustus is allowed to appear, however he is NOT allowed to try and gain a contract with either Lucius or Voldemort. He may, however, be contracted to a wizard in Voldemort’s service.
- OC’s are allowed, however their inclusion must be believable (for example, they can be demons in service to Lucifer, cousins of canon characters, etc, but they are NOT allowed to be siblings of canon characters, especially Lucius.). In addition, no Mary Sues/Gary Stu’s (this includes turning any canon character into one).
- By the time Draco’s generation is eligible to go to Hogwarts, Lucius MUST have won against his foes, and Sebastian and Ciel MUST be freed from their contract with him.
- The Funtom Company MUST be addressed (especially its status in between the time that Ciel was the head and when Lucius summons the two demons), although it is optional as to whether Lucius becomes its head. While it is preferable that Funtom branches out to the Magical World, however, it is not mandatory.
- Turning this into a triple crossover is NOT allowed, unless you decide to have a sequel. Then, only the sequel is allowed to be a triple crossover.
'Puella Magi Rin Magica' challenge
As Kyuubey once revealed to Madoka Kaname, the Incubators have been heavily involved in human history, with thousands of girls forming contracts to become Magical Girls. Rin, the beloved ward of Lord Sesshomaru, is one of those girls.
- Rin MUST form a contract with an Incubator. While Kyuubey is preferred, however, he isn't mandatory.
- Rin's wish MUST somehow pertain to Lord Sesshomaru. However, her wish may NOT be to restore his lost arm.
- The only canon characters that can form contracts (besides Rin) are human girls that don't have any powers of their own that have only appeared in one or two episodes of the anime (like some of the various girls that Shippo crushes on). Kagome, Sango, and any of their children aren't allowed to form contracts (due to Inuyasha and Miroku, it is highly likely that all of their children will have at least some power of their own).
- While Rin is allowed to team up with other Magical Girls, it is not mandatory.
- Lord Sesshomaru MUST be there at the very end for Rin.
- Rin may either become a witch (that Sesshomaru must fight), succumb to the 'Law of the Cycle', or (preferred) be about to become a witch only to be saved by Madoka's wish. She can NOT die at the hands of either a witch or a youkai.
- While you can have it so that Sesshomaru doesn't learn that Rin has become a Magical Girl until the end, at least one canon character MUST learn of Rin's contract (the preferred four are Jaken, Kaede, Kagome, and Sesshomaru's Mother)
- If Kagome is aware of the Incubator, she MUST at the very least be wary of it due to her experiences with the Shikon Jewel.
- Rin MUST somehow learn of the true nature of the Soul Gems (preferably via a Magical Girl that she knows transforming into a witch before her very eyes). While it is preferable that she also learns of the Incubator's role in mankind's history, however, it is not mandatory.
- Should you have Homura's enslavement of the Incubator race (and the subsequent rewriting of reality) canon, a canon InuYasha character MUST remember all of the old realities (although it is not necessary that they understand what happened).
- Only canon shipping is allowed. However, you may hint at Sesshomaru having fallen in love with Rin when it comes time for Rin to die.
- The only characters that are allowed to be bashed are Koga, due to his pack having initially killed Rin, and Naraku.
Inspired by Imagine Dragons' song 'Warriors' (which is utterly fantastic, and you should look it up on YouTube. Seriously. Do it now!).
Thanks to Naraku's latest and greatest deception, Inuyasha and Kikyo have killed Kagome believing her to be Naraku in disguise when Sesshomaru is far enough away that he can't resurrect her in time. Kagome, while watching the horrifying destruction that became possible due to her death (which includes the horrific death of everyone she had ever loved), pleads to anyone who'll listen for help in changing this horrible fate.
Someone answers her plea- the Inu no Taisho. He explains to Kagome that the Kami never intended for her death, yet they can't simply send her back due to the fact that if they break the sacred laws then they would invite evils greater than Naraku to the world. When inquiring about Kikyo's resurrection, Kagome learns that it was through that very act that allowed Naraku to become as strong as he was. Originally, Urasue's plan was supposed to have been thwarted by Inuyasha hearing Kikyo's original plea in his heart, and after the Inutachi were collected they along with Sesshomaru would put a weaker (but still formidable) Naraku down with ease. However, because Inuyasha's heart was closed off enough that he couldn't hear her plea, Kikyo's resurrection created an imbalance that sought to right itself by using Naraku's ease of wielding the Shikon shards to the greatest efficiency.
However, the Inu no Taisho adds, just because they could send her back in her timeline didn't mean that they couldn't send her to help prevent Naraku's evil from spreading. It turns out that the Kami were willing to merge Kagome with her younger self, thus creating a new timeline where she would not only be strong enough to fight Naraku, but would also be trained enough that if she so desired she would be able to fight even Sesshomaru on equal ground.
Now, what could Kagome do but agree to the chance to save everyone she loves?
-Kagome MUST be merged with her past self no later than five years before she fell down the Well in her original timeline, and she MUST seek out training in both fighting and how to use her reiki.
-She MUST not turn into a dark priestess like Tsubaki. While an interesting twist, chances are that if Kagome ever went bad then everyone's screwed and that's NOT what this story is about. However, I WILL accept the idea that during her travels Kagome experiences an alternate reality where she did become a dark priestess due to revenge against Naraku.
-Kagome, whether it be through mating or otherwise, may NOT become a youkai. Her becoming immortal due to her immunity to Time's effects (as stated in the second movie) is allowed, however.
-Kagome's father MUST remain dead, and he MUST be Mr. Higurashi. I've seen too many bad fics where Kagome's father was suddenly someone other than Mr. Higurashi and he's alive and well in the Feudal Era (and more often than not, a Cardinal Lord just like Sesshomaru) and I for one am sick of it. Now, that's not to say that there haven't been some GOOD fics with a similar scenario ('She Who the Prophecy Foretold' by SunsetMiko https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3877406/1/She-Who-the-Prophecy-Foretold is a good example- fair warning, it hasn't been updated in a while, but it HAS been confirmed that she's working on it again), however there are FAR more bad ones.
-Kikyo and Inuyasha, despite them having killed Kagome off in her original timeline, must NOT be bashed. However, that doesn't mean that Kagome won't unconciously treat them harsher due to her memories.
-Sango, Miroku, and Shippo must NOT be bashed.
-At one point in the new timeline, Sesshomaru and his pack MUST join up with the Inutachi. However, his reasons for doing so may be up to you.
-Kikyo IS also allowed to join the Inutachi, however it is not required.
-Koga MAY be bashed, however it's not preferable.
-Sesshomaru and Rin may NOT be bashed, however you are free to bash Jaken to your heart's content.
-The Inu no Taisho may NOT be resurrected, due to the reasons listed above. However, giving Kagome gifts (like, say, permission to take one of his fangs from his skeleton to turn into a weapon) to help his sons IS allowed.
-At one point, someone MUST learn the truth about Kagome, although it IS allowed for Kagome to not keep it a secret once the Inutachi is gathered. Should you decide to have her try to keep it a secret, then the top four people to learn it are Sesshomaru, Kikyo, Sesshomaru's Mother, and Totosai.
-While Naraku may be bashed to your heart's content, his incarnations must at least be true to character. It is preferable, however, that Kagome finds a way to free at least Kagura and Kanna (after all, those two had the saddest stories).
-If Kagura and Kanna are freed, then they ARE allowed to join the Inutachi. Any other incarnations that are freed, however, may not be. They may, however, take on a role similar to Koga's (a separate but allied group).
-Kohaku MUST be freed from Naraku, however having him survive the experience is optional. Should he die, then he MUST live at least long enough for him to learn that Sango never blamed him for their family's death.
-Pairings are optional, however NO incest. Should you decide to pair Rin and Sesshomaru together, then Rin must be at LEAST seventeen before they pair up romantically.
-Sesshomaru's Mother and Izayoi may NOT be bashed. Should you have trouble with them, I'd recommend checking out Kanna37's versions of them for reference (especially her newer works- although in general if Sesshomaru's Mother given the name Satori then she's got the personality I'd like to see from her).
-Kagome and Inuyasha's dynamic MUST change from him saving her most of the time to them working as equals. Whether that results in different pairings is up to you, but Kagome's a modern girl- it's time she stops being a damsel in distress!
-The Inutachi on the whole MUST become stronger, whether that be through more seamless teamwork or just them learning new attacks.
-Sesshomaru and Inuyasha MUST at least develop a non-hostile relationship, although they ARE allowed to still hate each other (think Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship in BBC's 'Sherlock', and you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about- although granted, Mycroft still loves his brother. He just finds him exasperating lol).
'Twice a Spy, but only Once a Fool' challenge
Severus Snape, as he lay dying in the Shrieking Shack, had thought his struggles were finally over. He never expected to be reborn as the Heir to a prominent Clan in a world filled with shinobi that could perform techniques similar to magic. Nor did he expect to gain a rather adorable little brother. When he is asked once more to play the role of a spy- this time against his own family- Itachi vows that this time around he'll use all of his skills to ensure that he saves as many as he can...
-Severus Snape MUST be reborn as Itachi Uchiha.
-He MUST retain all the memories of his past life, however him retaining the use of magic is optional. However, I do think that he would use his knowledge of how certain spells work to help him perfect any chakra-based techniques.
-Other Harry Potter characters being reborn as Naruto characters is allowed, however Naruto can't be a reincarnated Harry. It would be interesting, however, to have Sasuke be Harry reborn.
-This story can stay true to canon events, however somehow I don't think Severus would be happy with that outcome.
-No bashing of any kind... unless it's Snape bashing the characters, because that does fit his personality.
-Shipping is optional. While yaoi (and yuri) is allowed, m-preg is not.
-Should you have other Harry Potter characters be reborn, Severus recognizing them as such is optional. It would be interesting, however, to have the other reborn characters recognize Snape before he recognizes them.
-Orochimaru can't be Voldemort reborn (although I do realize that it is an incredibly tempting idea). Having him and his fellow Sannin be the reincarnations of some of the Founders, however, is allowed.
-The only HP character allowed to be himself and not be a reborn character is Fawkes. Bonus if you have him bonding with Snape or Sasuke (because we all know that Uchihas are pyros, and who better to be their companion than a Firebird?)