Poll: Considering the popularity of the 'APH: The Mochi Quandary!..." story, I was considering turning the story into a series of loosely related stories, each story revolving around the creation and life of a nation-mochi and its affect on the other nations, in particular those who its human counterpart are/were close to. So, will you vote for a nation to mochi-fy in another "APH: The Mochi Quandary!..." story? If so, please give me your input! Feedback is very much appreciated! Vote Now!
Author has written 33 stories for Kingdom Hearts, Hetalia - Axis Powers, Harry Potter, Of Mice and Men, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Doctor Who, Misc. Movies, Sherlock, Avengers, Tangled, Star Trek: 2009, Supernatural, Spider-Man, Captain America, Jurassic Park, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Hey guys! So, I'm Crystalxchaos! Nice to meetya! :D
Nicknames: I have several. B, BB, Crystal, Wolfie, or you can call me Crystalxchaos.
Sex: I'm a girl, if you couldn't tell from my user.
Age: Lets see... for you KH fans out there, I'm Axel plus Roxas minus Demyx plus Lexaeus minus Xaldin plus Xigbar minus Xemnas.
So, I'm a yaoi (boy x boy) fangirl, so if you don't like it, you should read the warnings on my stories. Its not my fault if you read something you dont like, i will give PLENTY of warning.
I'm a HETALIA FANGIRL XD so most of my stuff will be from there lol
MARCH 16, 2013:
After these years of loyal service in the ways of converting people to the Fanfiction Side, Crystalxchaos has become overwhelmed with schoolwork, preparing for college, keeping a job, and maintaining a good social life beyond the written word. As a result of her increasingly busy life, she has recently generously decided to pass on her account and its subsequent management and workings to me. I'm MomotsukiNezumi, author and crazed mind behind the "APH: The Mochi Quandary..." story and its' subsequent bit of fictional universe. I hope that my creation, and all the assorted stories, poems, crossovers, etc. that hopefully come after it shall please you, world.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME:
NICKNAMES: I have acquired many different aliases over the years, including Yu-chan, Pan, Canada, Japan, and Momo (yes, like the adorkable flying lemur from Avatar: The Last Airbender).
AGE: Younger than dirt, but not by much. That is all.
HOBBIES: Sewing/cross stitching, making strange hats, drawing anime/manga, reading fantasy/science-fiction/horror novels/short stories and poems, watching horror films (the more gore, suspense, and/or psychological twisting and turning, the better), writing fictional stories, being with friends, watching 1960s-1990s cartoon reruns, and recently, making origami and snooping around my old books. I also like tending to my pet fuzzy plant I nicknamed Mr. D, who provides many hours of relaxation and clearing of the mind through his adorable bubbliness, soft and squishy green self, and being a good sounding board whenever I'm otherwise alone and need to babble about something nutty or stupid, or just need an attentive ear to bounce a crazy idea off of. A little while ago, I got him a marimo friend, who is somewhat bigger and more active, but much more fussy with getting clean, who has been nicknamed Mr. N.
I have a love of tea that borders obsession (preferably with milk and sugar), wearing period-dated clothing (my black overbust corset is very special to me, being a birthday present), drawing for my favorite fandoms, collecting old books (my 100-year-old Shakespeare collection is my pride and joy of my books, rivaled only by my Harry Potter collection), antique chinaware (teacups and tea sets in particular), and reading old love stories, horror stories, and poems. My hobbies are a constant factor in my life, and on occasion have driven my parents to jokingly tell me that I would have fit in rather well in another time period. I also like drinking ginger beer, reading history books (I happen to like learning about the past, unlike my classmates), watching old movies with my best friend, and finding and gawking over every slightly to moderately shiny object within ten feet of my person (this love of shiny objects is a trait that I share with my Aunt, who I thus share a love of jewelry with). Also, unlike almost anyone else I know, I actually am rather fond of English food, and am an avid devourer of fresh fish n' chips, and quite a variety of scones with jam, cream, or lemon butter.
I REALLY dislike people who publicly exhibit phobias or crude behavior towards others for no discernible reason except that "But they're (insert derogatory term here)!" On a regular basis, I see classmates loudly, exuberantly, and shamelessly degrade others at my school simply because they either don't like the person, or they don't like what that person is associated with. I've lost count over the years as to how many times I've seen another student put down because they were homesexual/lesbian/bisexual, or had less money than other people, or lacked a limb (or couldn't use it), had a mental handicap, or dressed or acted differently, or actually tried in school, or any number of other things.
I've spoken up in History class during our WW1/WW2 Unit when a classmate began shouting that all Germans were evil and stupid, and when I spoke up to say that this wasn't all true (I myself am partly of German descent, my Dad's aunts and uncles having lived in Silesia during the 1930s-1940s who'd seen and described so many horrors to me about what had occured that I'll never, ever forget), the whole class just looked at me like I was insane. My teacher later told me that I was the first student she'd had who actually spoke up against this subject in her class.
Society is a cruel and ruthless place, and I honestly wish that it would be kinder to those who live in it. Until then, I suppose doing my part to be kind and encourage others to be kind is the best I can do in these circumstances.
I am known by my friends to be our group's self-proclaimed neutral party, as I evoke what I like to call "The Switzerland Principle" and remain the proverbial middle ground instead of taking a side in an argument and helping cause more conflict.
I firmly believe in the rights of other people to be treated EQUALLY, no matter their race, age, religion, beliefs, sexual preference(s), etc. We all came into the world the same way, after all: cold, screaming, and without so much as a stitch of clothing on us.
When I was little, I wanted to become a veterinarian, despite being allergic to cats and fearful of all animals larger than I am (and considering my current short stature, that may be a valid fear).
Nowadays, I dream of completing my education with top marks, getting through at least 4 years of college and possibly graduate school with equally good marks, and then going into the medical profession. Given my current aspirations for the year or so, I'm planning on going into the forensics field, but the work will be VERY rigourous. Looks like school never really does end, it just changes curriculum to be harder. Good thing I'm far from being the squeamish type.
RECURRING STORY MOTIFS/SYMBOLS/THEMES/IDEAS:
I am an avid lover and reader of fantasy, science-fiction, and mystery works, in particular the Harry Potter series (God bless the great and powerful J.K. Rowling!), The Lord of The Rings series/The Hobbit (Tolkein is a genius!), the complete works of the Sherlock Holmes series (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, I salute thee!), the Inheritance Cycle series (Paolini is fantastic!), and the Children of the Red King: Charlie Bone... series (Jenny Nimmo, you are incredible!). Other works I've taken interest in reading that are often of other genres included the incredible Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Oliver Twist, Dormia, The Tale of Desperaux, Journeys Through Oz, the Deltora Quest series (which I managed to both start and finish during a flight to New York for a trip), The Outsiders, Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men, and Parrot in the Oven.
As a result of my many, many, many hours whiled away reading books of this sort since my elementary school days (Harry Potter being a staple of my literary stores), I have amassed a compendium of ideas spanning across literary universes everywhere. Due to this, crossovers, allusions to other series, and various references to movies, music, and other books will likely occur in most, if not all works that I publish on this site.
March 23, 2013:
I'm very happy to announce that "APH: The Mochi Quandary: Amerimochi's Adventures!" is, as of today, offically one year old! Happy birthday, Alfie!
May 15, 2013:
I have adopted the story "Runaway" by the lovely author Nana Mii 148, who has kindly agreed to let me continue and adapt her story due to her lack of time for regular updates.
Henceforth, I am proud to present to you people a Moonrise Kingdom/Hetalia crossover AU of epic proportions! Please, enjoy.
June 5, 2013:
For all you lovely people who take the time to read my stories, I will be offline from between June 6, 2013-June 26, 2013 because I'm going on a trip with my family to Europe. No updates or uploads will occur during this time (unless I'm extremely lucky). However, I'll be writing some new chapters of my current stories in my notebook, to be typed and uploaded upon my return. In the meantime, please be patient, and hopefully a look at some future fics I'm planning will appease you a bit:
FUTURE FICS TO BE WRITTEN DURING 2013-WHENEVER:
1) Doctor Who/Hetalia AU Crossover Fic: The Doctor and his beloved big blue box crash-land into a World Meeting and end up having an unexpected but pleasant reunion with England (seeing as the Doctor is consistently returning to London, to other parts of England and of the United Kingdom, and to Earth in general, I've made it canon in this for both England and the Doctor to be very good old friends (though due to their age, this includes "benefits")). America sees this and becomes jealous, although he refuses to admit it. Then the trademark "he-brings-danger-with-him-everywhere-he-goes" scenario occurs, and the Daleks show up, intent on destroying the Earth again. England ends up getting taken as a hostage by the Daleks, and the Doctor and the nations end up using the T.A.R.D.I.S. to chase after them and rescue everyone's favorite crazy Englishman...all the while with America coping with the feelings he resolutely denies, trying to understand just what that hell is so great about "the madman with the big blue box" (let's face it, if you met someone who's both a great deal like you, and yet unlike you, and who's able to make your maybe-sort of crush laugh and act happy when you usually get yelled at and called an annoying git... well, you'd get annoyed too XD), and dealing with the fact that Captain Jack Harkness has decided to tag along for the ride, and may or may not have had "relations" with both England and the Doctor at the same time. And let's not forget the usual brand of chaos that follows nationkind, or France and Jack's shared perverted nature becoming an issue!
2) Hetalia Mochi Fic: The origins of Prussia-mochi. The creation of the mochi incarnate of awesomeness from the start, involving a barrel of beer, a spell from a drunken Romania, a trip to a German bar that left a lifelong ban, and a bottle of expired maple syrup. Oh, and a zebra. But at least Canada won't be so ignored anymore! (NOTE: This will be a twoshot, chapter 1 will bring about Prussia-mochi, chapter 2 will bring about Canada-mochi)
3) Hetalia Time-Travel (with Doctor Who bits mixed in) Fic: (WARNING: THIS FIC CONTAINS CROSSOVERS, MPREG, VARIOUS HISTORICAL/TELEVISION SHOW REFERENCES, SOME VIOLENT FIGHT SCENES) The nations assemble at the White House's Oval Office, trying to negotiate with their bosses on keeping their unborn children. However, during the meeting, a massive security breech occurs: the U.S. President receives a call from security that a big blue box has crash-landed on the front lawn, with children and teenagers of various ages spilling out of it. The former passengers of the box are taken in for questioning, and chaos erupts when their identities are revealed. Nations of the world, meet your babies! (NOTE: Established couples: RoChu, USUK, PruCan, SpaMano, GerIta, FrancexOC, AusHun)
4) Avengers/Tangled Parody: Take one Tangled movie, mix with Marvel's Avengers, shake but don't stir, and what do you get? Tony's got magic glowing hair, Steve's not a very good thief, Pepper's been given a promotion as our resident frying pan, Clint might not be ginger but Natasha is (so it's a good enough reason for me), Agent Coulson's our mighty steed, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s become the royal guard, and there's no place like the Kingdom of New York City...I mean, home. Oh, and let's not forget our Baby Duck group...Asgard's finest cutthroats, drunkards, and royalty (although Loki will insist that his unicorn collection is perfectly manly, thank you very much, and Thor, put Mjolnir away, no one wants to shake hands with that, you'll break bones!)!
5) Thor/Avengers/Avatar Parody: When Loki fell from the BiFrost, he didn't end up in the Void. Instead, he was transported to another universe, landing on a rather special planet where the locals are blue, at least eight feet tall, and fly around on what look to be giant pterodactyl mutations in what seems to be one gigantic intergalactic space reference to "Pocahontas". There also seems to be a worldwide conflict with the visiting Midgardians over a native resource that doesn't actually seem to do anything, but somehow is worth astronomically high sums of money. Oh, and given that he's been floating through the icy depths of space for so long and he still hasn't been in the state in question enough times to really get a grasp of it, our favorite bag-of-cats has found, to his eternal frustration, that his body has reverted to the alien equivalent of Level One Life Form and left him with a rather lovely new powder-blue tan, complete with enough tribal markings to make every tattoo artist in the Nine Realms greener than the Hulk with envy and an unasked-for temperature tolerance range somewhere in the negative numbers. With no weapons, no allies, and no apparent way to get back to the only home, conflicted though it was, that he's ever known, how's a fallen god supposed to deal with his new identity crisis, the cultural and linguistic barriers of the natives and invading humans alike, and the rather pressing issue of being a frozen-wasteland kind of alien trapped in an interplanetary hothouse full of animals that not even bilgesnipes can match up to in terribleness?
6) Thor/Supernatural crossover: Wherein Gabriel, the all-around womanizing, party-happy renegade archangel-turned-pagan-trickster-god himself, dies at the sharp end of Lucifer's angel blade, he thought that would be the end. Nope. Turns out, dying as an archangel means your grace gets recycled back into the universe, and if it's big and shiny enough, other universes might decided to get in on the action. Now one former in-witness-protection archangel finds himself reborn as Loki, second prince of MCU!Asgard and probably one of the worst people to get stuck as. Horrible destiny, horrible dad and brother relationships, and unfortunate social and cultural prejudices toward magic use aside, what's the worse that could happen? Oh yeah, kids.
July 3, 2013:
Official fanfiction pen-name change to "MomotsukiNezumi" to prevent conflicting copyright infringement issues due to my Deviantart account of the same name, which is where the "Mochi Quandary" series was originally devised by myself and the first crystalxchaos.
November 4, 2014:
Official fandom associations (currently): Marvel's The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, etc., The BBC's Sherlock, Merlin, Doctor Who, The WB (now CCW)'s Supernatural, the AMC/NBC's Hannibal, Himaruya's Hetalia (and its subsequent associated spinoffs), and a rather large number of old cartoons, a multitude of anime too large to name (but certainly including Ouran High School Host Club, Mermaid Melody, Tokyo Mew Mew, Bleach, Hellsing, Black Butler, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Lucky Star, Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, etc.), and a host of comedy and traveling shows involving science, food, theatre, and history.
I am happy, proud, and enthusiastic to be partly of each: A Superwholockian (and of each fandom separately), a Potterhead, a Starkid, a Merlinian, a Killjoy, a Nasty (Eat Your Kimchi explains it all), a Phan, a Fannibal, a Markiplite/standing member of the Warfstache Army, a Tolkiendil (though not as obsessively as it used to be), and of course, divvying up my remaining pieces of whatever fandom soul is left to be a member of Loki's Army, a Half-Blood (or Demigod, if you'd prefer), and one of Misha's Minions.
THINGS THAT BILL WATERSON'S BELOVED COMIC CALVIN AND HOBBES TAUGHT ME (COURTESY OF THE INTERNET, , AND A GREAT DEAL OF RESEARCH FROM MY PERSONAL COMIC BOOK STASH):
On life’s constant little limitations
On why we are scared of the dark
On the unspoken truth behind the education system
On the cruel reality of commercial art
On the tragedy of hipsters
On the tears of a clown
On the falling of sparrows (or providence’s lack of a timetable)
On why winter is the cruelest of seasons
On the gaping hole in contemporary art’s soul
On playing Frankenstein with words
On realising God is more Woody Allen than Michael Bay
On why ET is real
On looking yourself in the mirror
On the future
(after walking away from the man's house with a full sack of candy) Calvin: Am I scary, or what?
On the truth
On the secret of immortality: combine predestination with procrastination
On the perfect response to life’s most imperfect explanation
On why water balloon fights should be compulsory after retirement
On why most super geniuses end up Bond villains with thermonuclear devices
On something we’ve all thought when confronted with an udder
On mankind’s abusive relationship with nature’s wonder
Calvin: (approaches Hobbes with a butterfly he caught and put in a jar; shows jar to Hobbes)
Hobbes: If people could put rainbows in zoos, they’d do it.
Calvin: (lets butterfly out of jar, watches it fly away)
On science’s next big adventure
On the ennui felt by those who long to get their morning coffee from Central Perk
On the surprising similarities between principles and the New Year sales
On why we can’t gift wrap people
On why the Tea Party movement, like charity, begins at home
On why history is not so much written by the victors, as rewritten by losers
On why men’s definition of love hardly varies between six and 60
On the unexpected correlation between condiments and contentment
On why ‘edutainment’ is offensive to the human spirit and the English language
On the truth, again
On the concept of international warfare
Hobbes: How come we play war and not peace?
Calvin: Do you believe in the Devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?
Hobbes: I'm not sure man needs the help.
Calvin: You just can't talk to animals about these things.
On bothering to learn anything
Calvin: Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?
On faith v. atheism
Calvin: It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.
On why imperfection and staying "just as you are" is considered socially undesirable in the long run
Calvin: When a kid grows up, he has to be something. He can’t just stay the way he is. But a tiger grows up and stays a tiger why is that?
On why greatness often goes unnoticed or shunned in it's own time
Calvin (to Hobbes on why they didn't win a poster contest): Oh, you know how it is. They only recognize greatness when some authority confirms it.
On why stupid or ridiculous things can get done if the people demand it enough
Calvin's Mom: C'mon Calvin. We're going to the store.
Calvin: Can Hobbes come?
Calvin's Mom: No, just leave him here.
Calvin (pitching a fit): BUT I WANT HIM TO COME WITH US!!
Calvin (walking to the car, carrying Hobbes): If you can't win by reason, go for volume.
On why how "good" something is directly related to how "fun" it is
Calvin (standing before the tv with the tv program guide in his hands): Can I watch the movie "Killer Prom Queen" on tv?
Calvin's Mom: No.
Calvin (making a scrunched up disgusted face as he waves a piece of limp asparagus around at the dinner table) : Do I have to eat this slimy asparagus.
Calvin's Mom: Yes.
Calvin (standing on the top of the stairs in his pajamas): Can I stay up 'til midnight?
Calvin's Mom: No.
Calvin (sitting up awake in bed at night, scowling and annoyed): There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is.
March 27, 2015:
I got an Ao3 account! I feel happy.
Granted, I'll still be using this account as my primary writing one, and likely will keep doing so for the foreseeable future (my dA is usually reserved for art, poetry, and the occasional "Mochi Quandary" idea nowadays), but with the Ao3 one I can still put up some of my stories from here (esp. my less attention-paid ones, which I still need to work on, or ones that would likely get taken down from here due to the Mature rating that would need to be applied due to the amount of violence, gore, etc.) and get a bit of a broader audience, which is helpful with feedback. I can also do a bit of a reverse and write something over there and test it out, see how it's received, before putting it up here too.
That way I can get some additional feedback on what to write here too, so it's like a nice, helpful feedback loop. Crossing my fingers that I get a bit more critiquing on both!
Curse the stupid 90-day limit on file holdings. Not only did the computer backup file not hold, but the copy in the doc manager failed too. Over 5,000 words GONE. Ugh. Now I have to start over again.
A Deed Without a Name (104)
Anna N. Smith (9)
Annabeth The Unicorn (17)
aureus yarara (1)
C.L. Forest (9)
Cardio Necrosis (50)
Childish Sadism (58)
Dawn N (47)
Deanstiel's Daughter (115)
Demand Truth (20)
E.A. Week (25)
Eliot Rosewater (22)
Eternal Cosmos (10)
Fall in Snow (8)
Faye Dartmouth (310)
Goldie Gamgee (8)
Growly Genet (8)
Jenna Kessel (0)
Jet Set Radio Yoyo (32)
Lady Lanera (100)
Lily Winterwood (31)
Meandering Fox (3)
Mr. Nohbodee (7)
Niahara Erskine (23)
Original Dark Angel (18)
Rae Roberts (13)
Red Lioness (27)
Sherlockian Dreams (11)
Sheyrena Wyrsabane (36)
Silver pup (44)
Wincesteriffic Kaz (38)
Witch Nova (30)
Zsadist Cortel (45)