Author has written 7 stories for Naruto, One Piece, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fairy Tail, and Bleach.
Hey. The name's Dan.
I'm an anime/manga guy and a bookworm.
Age: Old enough to buy a pack of smokes.
Favorite food: Cheezits, vanilla been ice cream, root beer, beer, pizza, etc.
Favorite color: lots. among these are royal purple, black, crimson, and forest green.
Favorite pastime: lots. among these are books, FF, video games, hanging out with my friends, and card games.
Anime/Mangas I like, in no particular order:
Naruto (Master Kishimoto, you disappoint me: i used to hold you in such high esteem)
Pokemon (used to watch it when it was half good, and I played the video games for several years)
Yugioh (used to like it. it's gone off the deep end)
Yu Yu Hakusho (epitome of badass)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
(random others that I can't remember right now)
ARE YOU? (I'm redoing this thing every once in a while so it stays up to date. I'm a character in development, guys.)
1. Perfect? Not at all. I’m an ass.
2. Tall? Nope. About 5’ 7”
3. In your pajamas? Well, since boxers and a t-shirt are generally what I sleep in, then yes, I suppose I am.
4. Left handed? No. Righty through and through.
1. Friend you saw: Sydney
3. Person to text you: Deyon
4. Was today better than yesterday? It rained on me while I was walking home from work today. I didn't have to go to work yesterday. You can draw your own conclusions from that.
1. Number: Whatever the bills in my wallet amount to right now.
2. Color(s): See above
3. Fruit: Anything but raw tomatoes. Those guys and me…we uh, don’t get along too well.
4. Place: The moon. Name me any other location that looks that cool…or that much like cheese.
1. Are you missing someone right now? No.
2. Are you happy? Actually, I am. I'm trying to get better at counting my blessings, see.
3. Are you sad? Yes, I’m inconsolable. There are no Cheez-its left in my house.
4. Are you bored? No. I tend to come here to relieve boredom. Boredom relieved.
6. Are you nervous? Yes. It is my first year in college and I am currently contesting with finals week.
8. Are you tired? Yes. Didn't sleep much last night. Homework.
Real name? Daniel, but I've gone by "Dan" for a while now.
2. Nick names? Danny, D, DJ, Beans, Roy, Papa John, Rat, Mop, the lists goes on and on, people.
3. Eye color? Brown
4. Zodiac sign? Cancer. If your hand is bigger than your face, you have it.
5. Male or female? I'm a guy. Good that this hasn't changed.
6. Slut? No. May change during extreme inebriation. Under investigation.
7. Smart? Yes, I am. Unfortunately, I've kind of squandered my smarts. Trying to fix that.
8. Hair color? Brown.
9. Long or short? Long right now. I've never grown it shoulder-length before, so that's my goal.
10. Sweats or Jeans? Jeans, hands down. I'm not a big fan of sweats. They don't have pockets.
11. Phone or Camera? Phone does both. ‘Nuff said.
12. Drink or Smoke? Either. Depends on what I'm smoking/drinking.
13. Righty or lefty? You already asked me if I was southpaw. You fuckin’ stupid?
1. First best friend? Elliot
2. First crush? Natalie
3. First pet? Black cat name Bridget
4. First big vacation? I dunno if it counts as big. Trip to Southhaven for a week when I was like three or less.
1. Eating? No
2. Drinking? No
3. I'm about to: Switch over to my Rock playlist.
4. Listening to? Nightcore, almost finished my playlist.
5. Plans for today? Work my ass off on three different projects.
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
1. Shorter or taller? As long as a girl isn't inconveniently tall or shirt, I don't see the problem. All the girls I've been attracted to have been about my height, anyways.
2. Romantic or spontaneous? Don’t care.
3. Sensitive or loud? Loud. I’d drive a quiet, sensitive girl up the wall. I’m a dumbass like that.
4. Hook-up or relationship? Relationship. I’d rather have more than one good memory to put away.
HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Drank bubbles? No
2. Lost glasses/contacts? Well, yeah, but they gave me the wrong glasses in the first place. That’s just asking for me to lose them.
3. Ran away from home? Yeah, a couple of times. I was a stupid kid.
4. Broken someone's heart? Yes. It was not pleasant.
5. Been arrested? No. Pulled over, yes.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
1. Miracles? I don't know.
2. Yourself? Yes. If I can’t do it I’ll figure it out, and anyone who tells me I can’t based on nothing can go fuck themselves with a rusty railroad spike. In the words of Eminem "You can do anything you set your mind too, man." On a more realistic note, though, I do know when I fuck up.
3. Heaven? Dunno. I was raised Catholic, but logically think that heaven doesn’t make sense. *sigh* another thing to think about and agonize over. Nowadays I identify as atheist, but it's not something I'm willing to make an absolute declaration on.
4. Santa Claus? My family is generous on Christmas, yes.
4. Love? Yes.
5. Do you like someone? Yes, and my terribly unlucky and unrealistic taste in women has bitten me in the ass again. She's taken, and far out of my league.
6. Do you believe in God? See the question about heaven.
7. Answered the truth on all questions? Yeah, I did, surprisingly enough. If you think I’m an asshole, goody for you. If you don’t, goody for you. I did it, now you people have to. *leans forwards menacingly* The baked cheese crackers command you!
I'm a perfectionist by nature. I spawn ideas almost every day, but most don't make it past the first page on Microsoft Word, and when I do actually get bitten by the Writer's Bug, it is at the most inopportune of times.
Ideas that are in progress but not on this site:
Naruto/One piece Xover involving the CP9.
Kingdoms of Amalur Adventure/Romance fic with the Fateless one and Alyn Shir. It's a game I don't think is played enough, and those two characters are so much fun it's ridiculous.
Some opinions of mine on writing:
Make your writing grammatically correct. If I see a summary that's two steps away from broken English, I'm not touching it.
Do your research. Too many times have I seen good ideas written by good writers who just didn't double-check their facts.
Be original. I've read stories that literally follow canon exactly but with a couple different characters thrown in. If I can see everything in your plot coming at least 2 chapters away, then you need to step it up on the creativity scale. Some stories need to do this, but try to stay on the original author's exact plot line only as much as is necessary.
1. Naruto: If you are writing Naruto, do not overpower Naruto. That is as common as Naruto/Sasuke yaoi stories nowadays and I hate both equally. I've got no issues with the stuff, but I don't read it, being a straight male who does not dig man-on-man action. So, yeah, no.
Keep Kurama/The Kyuubi involved if at all possible. You give up a lot of good shit if you get rid of him.
2. Fairy Tail: If your story has any action involved, you should make a valiant effort to correct that manga's obscene amount of plot armor, which is comparable to Dragon Ball Z's.