Author has written 2 stories for Alex Rider.
Challenge! I held my breath for about 2 mins and 10 seconds, if you can do better, do tell. If you pass out, tell me that as well; you may have to get a friend's POV about what happened after, seeing as you were passed out on the floor, but still :D
my new favourite word - inexorable: (adjective) impossible to stop or prevent
Alex Rider Misconceptions, Corrected
- It's spelt MI6. Not M16, not the MI6. MI6. It stands for Military Intelligence: Sector 6. MI6 is responsible for investigating international threats that affect the United Kingdom. MI5 is in charge of investigating domestic threats.
- K-unit weren't at Point Blanc, Wolf was. They don't stay together in units of four for everything. The four-man unit was originally used by the SAS for jungle warfare in Malaysia. Each unit had a signaller, doctor, linguist and explosives expert. They were designed to be a highly self-contained unit.
- The SAS are an elite branch of the military, with links to Special Operations. They don't do what the regular military do, they're used for specific missions with specific goals. They aren't just ruthless bastards either. In the 1970's the SAS worked in Dhofar using a 'Hearts and Minds approach'. They were tasked with integrating with the community in order to weaken the communist grip on villages in the area. This involved anything to do with gaining the trust of the locals, from building bridges to delivering babies.
- It's spelt 'K-unit', not 'the K-unit'. There's no 'the'.
- MI6 does not blackmail all of it's agents, that would be completely untenable. It's a ridiculous assumption.
- Julia Rothman was not the leader of Scorpia. Each time they get a major job, they put the board-member with the relevant experience needed for that job in charge. For instance, Major Yu was in charge in Snakehead because he was in charge of one of Asia's Snakeheads. The Snakehead had links to people smuggling, drugs trafficking, all sorts of different crime areas. Those links were needed in order for Scorpia to complete the operation they had been hired for.
- The SAS are taught instinctive firing.
Favourite movies (top 10ish, not in the right order because there is no right order!): Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Shaun of the Dead, The Day After Tomorrow, The Dark Knight, 300, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, She's the Man, White Chicks, Constantine, Hollywood Homicide, SWAT
Favourite books/authors/series (no particular order): Inheritance Cycle, Lord of the Rings, Eoin Colfer, Dean Koontz, Terry Pratchett, Clive Cussler, Colin Forbes, Robin Hobb, Brian Jacques, James Rollins, Mortal Engines series, Chronicles of Narnia, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, The Dark Tower series (not the last chapter!!!gggrrrrr), the Tunnel series, Lee Child, The Edge Chronicles, Young Bond, Alex Rider, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, Sabriel etc, Grail Quest series (Bernard Cornwell), Pellinor series (Alison Croggon), Elizabeth Chadwick, Robert Newcomb
Countries I've been to: USA (CO, FL, NY, PA), Iceland, Morocco, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Switzerland, Wales, Scotland, England (duh!), Greece, Malta, Israel, Canada
Better to light a candle than curse the darkness
Life is about the journey
Courage isn’t the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear yet the will to go on
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing – Edmund Burke
If there’s something wrong, those who have the ability to take action, have the responsibility to take action.
the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon
- I'm female
- I turned 25 in the last 10 years
- I'm an identical twin (which is why I say 'we' a lot; I'm referring to my twin, MsBookworm23)
My brother once ran into a 20ft wide x 20ft high glass wall (because he didn't see it...)
When I was little, my parents had to get a Walmart into lockdown because I decided to play hide 'n' seek without telling them that they should be seeking me
My Geography class went on a trip to Iceland about a week before the Eyafjallajokull volcano erupted (the one that shut down air traffic over Europe for about a week in early 2010) and we all wish we'd been stuck in Iceland. Actually, we told our Geography teacher how we wished we'd been stuck in Iceland for another week, and she practically had a heartattack and said 'No! I'm glad we weren't, it would have been awful to have to sort all that out!' i think it was the first school-trip she was actually in charge of, and it was also the first time anyone in our school had organised a trip to Iceland, so she was kinda panicking that it would all go wrong XD
I can't ring people on the phone. I once took half an hour to pluck up the courage to ring Domino's (they do pizza de;ivery, if you didn't know)
I face-planted whilst getting off a ski-lift, because one of my skis had fallen off when we first got on the ski-lift
feel free to PM me about anything, I don't bite *snap* much :P