Poll: In Harry Potter and the Boy Without a Home, who should take part in the Triwizard Tournament representing Hogwarts? Vote Now!
Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Tales of Symphonia, and Legend of Zelda.
EMERGENCY. FANFICTION AS WE KNOW IT IS UNDER THREAT. THE US GOVERNMENT IS TRYING PASS A BILL OUTLAWING ALL FAN ART. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION:
I have been into fanfiction for a couple of years now. I first got interested in reading it after being dissatisfied with the endings for Tales of Symphonia and its sequel. There were too many unanswered questions, mainly regarding what happens next. So I decided to look and see what other people thought might have happened. Around this time the last Harry Potter movies were also coming out. The Books were long finished and I was aware that the last two films were only going to give me so much satisfaction, I was (and still am obsessed with Harry Potter – not that I mind) so I delved into the world of Fanfiction to see what I could find. Since I discovered this marvellous website, 2 years ago I have read probably millions of words and several hundred fanfics, about 95-98% of them Harry Potter based.
It got to the stage where I wasn’t seeing enough fics that I wanted to read, particularly Harry Potter/Tales of Symphonia Crossovers so I soon started writing my own. I started with Harry Potter and the Third World and later I decided to do some pure Harry Potter stories. A few months after Third World was published, I released my first one-shot To Harry Potter and the stories We are the Golden Trio and My Brother. Now at this stage I have over a dozen stories all but one of which are Harry Potter based. Story types range from one-shots to Time Travels to my personal favourites: AUs.
My personal view when writing fanficiton is that Harry needs a hug. I’m not sure how to explain that, but maybe one day it will become apparent in my stories (that is the hope anyway).
At this stage in my life, overlooking violin, I believe that Harry Potter, the Legend of Zelda and Tales of Symphonia have been the greatest influences. Each of them have distinct differences but all of them have certain commonalities. In all three genres courage is a key theme. All of them have magic, all of them feature worlds where a hero is greatly burdened by the people of their world to save them, though all the heroes react in different ways. There are plenty of commonalities. Harry Potter is especially viewed as distinctly different, and some people on this sight have claimed incompatible, with the Tales and Legend of Zelda series. But I disagree. I think the stories have more compatibility than others would argue. All it takes is a little imagination, which is good because all three genres are also set in fantasy worlds.
We are the Golden Trio:
Harry Potter and the Third World:
Note:- the next 3 chapters might actually be combined into two chapters, depending on the length. They are going to be exceptionally difficult for me to write as the content is not something I particularly enjoy conceiving but is necessary for the wider context of the story. I should probably say that the reason updates for this have been so sporadic in comparison to everything else is because I’ve been dreading the moment I have to write this.
- Chapter 11 – The 25th victim
- Chapter 12 – To Draw out a Parasite
- Chapter 13 (Not telling just yet, I’ve been looking forward to this chapter since I published this story two years ago)
- Chapter 14 – The Haitakas of Hogwarts
Genis the Hero:
- Chapter 2 – The Castle of Hogwarts (1,700 words)
- Chapter 3 – Bigotry of a different kind
- Chapter 4 – The Rebirth of a Legend
- Chapter 33 – Preparing to prove ourselves (4,700 words)
- Chapter 34 – Cold Reception
- Chapter 35 – The Forbidden Secret
- Chapter 36 – (Not telling just yet) – for the record I’m quite nervous and excited about this chapter. It’s potentially the most important in the story – at least to me – I’ve chosen a title for it but it’s a bit of a spoiler so I’m withholding it for now.
Harry, the Doctor and the Ponds:
- Chapter 2 - Hitler is unsuitable for babies (1,200 words – may be altered but sentiments remain)
- Chapter 3: - Needs of Love and Protection (may change)
- Chapter 4: - "Sorry I’m looking for a..."
Jessica Black and the Boy Who Lived:
- Chapter 9 – Different methods my dear Hermione - (4,200 words)
- Chapter 10 – One year on
- Chapter 11 – Detention and Election.
- Chapter 12 – A Little Taller
The Red Orb:
- Chapter 4 - Tolerance, or lack thereof
- Chapter 5 - What is Right and What is Easy
- Chapter 6 - I’m not impressed
- Chapter 7 – A request
The Realm of Passing:
(Note: - I know what I want to happen in the next 4-8 chapters of this story but I’m still working out the order I want things to happen in, so the following may change.)
- Chapter 11 – A shameful connection
- Chapter 12 – Harry’s knack for reckless stupidity
- Chapter 13 – Wrath and Reconciliation
- Chapter 14 – Filling the House
Harry Potter and the Boy Without a Home:
- Chapter 5 – Investigating a sighting (5,200 words)
- Chapter 6 – A creature in the forest
- Chapter 7 – The wrath of Navi (featuring Link)
- Chapter 8 – Out on the Continent
The Quest for Home:
- Chapter 5 – Into the Desert (8,600 words)
- Chapter 6 – Becoming an Angel
- Chapter 7 – Encounter with a Clumsy Assassin
- Chapter 8 – Water Crossings (may change depending on the length of other chapters)
I’m not sure if you should class some of my stories as romantic or not. But I will say that I am strong supporter of the following pairings: -
Harry/Ginny (Is not used in Jessica Black and the Boy Who Lived)
Neville/Luna (Will not be used in the time travel fics or The Quest for Home)
There are limited exceptions that will apply. For example in Jessica Black and the Boy Who Lived, obviously Ginny and Harry are not paired together. When I write time travel fics such as the Red Orb I’m linking things directly to Rowling’s universe so I cannot change the Next Generation era to suit my interests so Luna and Neville have to be paired with Rolf and Hannah respectively. Also I have no idea what Luna’s pairing will be in the Quest for home or even if she’ll have one.
My Other Characters (OCs)
Harry Potter and the Third World:
- Sparrow Haitaka and Hawk Haitaka - collectively known as SparrowHawk. The name "Haitaka" comes from typing "sparrowhawk" into goggle translate and having it spit out the Romanised Japanese word which turned out to be "haitaka"
Sparrow is the most excitable of the sisters, the closest life form I can compare her to is that of a little girl whose overdosed on Irn-bru (a fizzy drink in Scotland, or soda as I think the American's call it, I’m not sure). Sparrow is highly intelligent, has a photographic memory but that particular quality is generally overlooked thanks to her "I love everything in the universe and must shout about it".
Hawk is more withdrawn, she is not the same Hawk as the Alice's lieutenant in the Vanguard, she spends most of her time in the Library reading books. If Sparrow is highly intelligent then Hawk is 'uber' intelligent. Her memory is eidetic but her she tends to keep her emotions withdrawn and can seem 'analytical'. I know this type of character is clichéd but I really wanted to put a Hawk next to a Sparrow.
Horatio Malakai – Malakai is an OC I invented for the sake of giving Harry and the Symphonia group another enemy in the Vanguard.
As Magnar’s Lieutenant in the dwindling Vangaurd army, Malakai was arrested in the wake of Half-Elves being released form captivity in the Imperial Research Academy in Sybak. He was found to have conducted experiments that killed and maimed countless Half-Elf’s and his crimes shocked even some of the most prolific supporters of the Tethe’allan Caste system. Whilst authorities debated his apparent lack sanity should disqualify him from the capital sentence, Malakai met and formed a relationship of mutual respect with the Magnar, the self-appointed leader of the Vanguard and looks up to him as a father figure.
- Wendy – more to come in the next chapter.
- Obviously Emma Lily Potter is an OC, Harry Potters Younger sister born exactly 2 months before her parents were murdered and exactly 13 Months after her older Brother making her Birthday 31st August 1981 in case you're wondering.
There are several what you might call unfamiliar characters in this story as well. I wanted a list of everyone in Emma’s year so there is a list of forty people in that year spread out equally by gender and house. It’s on chapter 9 of My Brother.
- Katy Creevey, Colin’s Mum. Makes up one half of the parents of Colin and Dennis Creevey. A full-time nurse, but with strong mothering instincts and concern for Colin’s friends. Lives with her family on the Creevey milk farm in North Yorkshire. A Nurse by profession, she represents the central guiding body in the family and makes most of the big decisions. Her strong mothering instincts as well as her gratitude for the loyalty of Colin’s friends shown to him during the Chamber of Secrets incident and afterwards played a key part in her decision to offer Demelza sanctuary when her father cut her out of the Robin’s family.
- Ruth Clearwater, sister to Percy’s girlfriend Penelope Clearwater. Originally in the story as Rebecca Clearwater but I kept on finding myself calling her Ruth (no idea why) so I changed it. Although not a founding member of the Defence Guild, she has stable friendships with the members including a friendly relationship with Luna Lovegood.
- Zack, Max and Eilidh Robins. Demelza’s siblings. Her older brother’s Zack and Max were most vocal and most protective of her when she protested her parents decision to send her to an old fashioned all-girls school and when she chose to join the Magical World against he express wishes of her Mother and father.
Zack has graduated from university with a degree in engineering and is at the beginning of his life as an independent adult. Though he does not know the first thing about raising a girl on the brink of becoming a teenager, he does offer her support wherever he can and sends money to the Creeveys to help with her upkeep.
Max is still a teenager. Like his other siblings he protests his parent’s stance on Demelza’s education and status as a woman in the last years of the 20th century. But he combines his opposition with his ultra-rebellious nature to the extent he starts causing new worries and new woes for his sister and the rest of the family.
Eilidh, though too young to fully understand the conflict her sister was presented with, was also immensely supportive but remains confused over why her father is being so difficult. With help from Emma, her brother’s confirmed that she was indeed a witch and would therefore would join her sister in the magical world.
Jessica Black and the Boy Who Lived:
- Jessica Marlene Black, My daughter of Black. Born to the Marauder Sirius Orion Black and the Death Eater Erin Lysandra Rosier as a result of circumstances that are as of right now not entirely clear (meaning only I know). Jessica has had a chaotic upbringing. She grew up in foster homes from the age of one when her father disappeared. A disruptive and aggressive child by nature, not to mention mischievous, prospective foster parents found her difficult to manage and issues were only exacerbated by her accidental magic. By the time she was six she was ‘handed over’ to the Regals. A couple who by all rights should not have been able to manage an unruly girl like Jessica, however the Regals had the undeniable advantage of living in Little Whinging near Harry Potter. Harry was the first person to understand Jessica and he was the first person to see her true self. At an age probably too young to happen, Harry and Jessica declare their love for one another and make a vow to always be together.
- David and Selena Regal, Jessica's Foster parents. David Regal is a politician and an MP in the Muggle Government. Selena is his supportive wife, she can't have children of her own but is not the least bit bothered by that restriction. They decided to foster a child as a political ploy to gain public approval. When things went well they officially adopted Jessica as their daughter. Although no love exists between them, the foster parents have a relationship of mutual respect with Jessica. Both Characters play minor parts in the story but considering early chapters I thought it best to mention them.
- Erin Lysandra Rosier (Jessica's deceased Mum) I originally misheard the Death Eater "Evan Rosier" being called "Erin" so this OC was that Death Eaters sister. Erin was also a Death Eater. She and her brother died around the time Jessica was born.
The Realm of Passing:
- Elira Topali. Elira is an eight-year-old girl who lives with her father Loran in Përmet, Albania. She meets Harry for the first time after he uses the Floo to travel between Tirana and Përmet. Although she speaks no English and Harry speaks no Albanian they somehow form a close friendship while Harry is in Albania. Elira is easily bored and a little nosy, qualities that see her unknowingly drawn into one of Harry’s adventures.
It was always There:
- Melody Reid, a girl living in Iselia. This is the name I have given to the girl that Genis mentioned sneaking food to during a skit when he and Lloyd went to see Marble (the one Lloyd thought was a dog). Currently she only features in the first chapter of It was always there but I may introduce her to other stories, including the Crossovers.
HP spell list
Seaweed hair jinx – “Algacapillos!” => This is a jinx I invented myself, the function being that it turns someone’s hair into seaweed, currently it’s only mentioned and I’m not sure whether or not I’ll use it but you never know, I Haven’t even introduced Zacharias Smith to a story yet.
Cutting curse – “Circumdatos!” => Many people like to use “Diffindo!” for the cutting curse but I’ve gotten hooked on the series primarily through the video games, as such, “Diffindo!” will always be the severing charm for me.
Flagrante curse – “Comburet!” => I’ve haven’t found the incantation for this curse so I came up with this one. Consider this more powerful than “Flipendo!” but not as powerful as “Expulso!”
Explosion curse – “Confringo!”
- more powerful than Expulso
Blasting curse – “Expulso!” => Some people use this for the blasting curse and some use “Confringo!” I’m using this but I have enhanced Confringo so it’s more powerful
Red sparks spell - “Flipendo!” => Spell in First and Second Video games call it the knock-back jinx but I’ve always thought of it as the beginners red spark spell and I have become quite fond of it so expect it a lot.
- also see “Flipendo Maxima!” for massive fireworks display of red sparks
Stinging hex – “Fodio!” => Again couldn’t find the incantation for this so I invented it.
Slug-vomiting curse – “Limaxos!” => This is the curse Ron Weasley used against Draco Malfoy in the second book. I’ve merely created an incantation for the story My Brother.
Worm-vomiting curse – “Vermisvomitum!” => this spell is made up by me.
Bat-bogey hex – “Vespertilio Mucosarum!” => my chosen incantation for Ginny Weasley’s infamous signature spell.
Match to Needle transfiguration spell – “Ad Acus!” => the first year spell that everyone learns from Professor McGonagall.
Magic-Detection spell – “Cerno Enodo!” => a crude spell I made up for Harry in the Realm of Passing. Designed to detect magic, it’s effectiveness is dependent on that caster.
Fill in a hole in the ground – “Funero!” => A spell I made up designed to be the counterpart to the Charm Defodio which creates a hole in the ground.
Rock to chest transfiguration spell – “Lapidem adcista!” => I (or rather Harry) needed a short notice way of creating a box that could be buried underground.
Possible future stories
Harry Potter Poppy Pomfrey
A story where a pre- Hogwarts Harry gets beaten really badly by the Dursley’s and has to be taken to the Hogwarts Hospital Wing. If my attempt is successful it will contain both angst and humour. The story will probably be 1-3 chapters long.
Andromeda Tonks Ted Tonks
Currently Called: The makings of a Blood Traitor
A basic story from when Andromeda and Ted first meet during their owl year at Hogwarts up until the birth of Nymphadora Tonks. I’ve already started this story but I have been distracted by other projects so it’s on my mental waiting list.
Sirius Black Amelia Bones (may or may not become a romantic relationship)
I have had thoughts about writing a story where Harry Potter and Susan Bones are raised together by Sirius and Amelia or by Amelia with support from Sirius so that Harry and Susan grow up as brother and sister. Depending on how the Realm of Passing goes this story may or may not include Dumbledore bashing. However, many elements of it are yet to be determined so it is currently near the bottom of my project ideas.
Harry Potter Demelza Robins story (They would be paired together).
Currently Called: The Warriors of Drakan
The premise behind this is Harry and Demelza get caught up in a mass murder that was conducted by a non-human creature. Years later they meet at Hogwarts and, at the end of Harry’s Second Year and Demelza’s first, they leave Hogwarts without warning to go on a quest to find out what happened and to face a new and rising evil far greater than Voldemort.
This story would borrow a lot of aspects from a video game called Drakan but would not in itself be a crossover so understanding of the game would be not be necessary. It will also be an M rated story due to references to abuse and violence, which will include arguably severe references to sexual abuse (though I don’t really consider any form of sexual abuse as minor) and possibly for adult themes (though some of those obviously may not come out as quite honestly including them in the same story as sexual abuse could be controversial).
In regards to the Harry/Demelza pairing, this story would be a completely different story from Rowling’s series. The story is about an adventure as much as a struggle against a great evil.
Voldemort/Grindlewald rules the Wizarding World
I have a number of mental scenarios where either Voldemort or Grindlewald won their respective wars and Harry, a timid young boy finds the courage to stand up to one of their subordinates, maybe with the help of some artefact from another genre or my own mind. Possible artefacts have considered have included Ratatosks Core from Tales of Symphonia 2 the Fused Shadow from the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
This story may be categorised as a Harry Potter/The Avengers crossover, since Thor is related to a lot in the series.
My idea for this story is that when Thor got banished from Asgard in the first movie, he was a little off course. Mjölnir still lands in New Mexico, right in front of Jane, Darcy and Dr Selvig, but Thor lands somewhere in the vicinity of a pre-Hogwarts Harry Potter. Angered by the abuse Harry suffers from, Thor decides to take Harry with him on a quest to find Mjölnir. From there I don’t know what happens. I doubt Harry will go to Hogwarts, the Wizarding World may play no part in the story, but it still might. The only guaranteed pairing would be Jane/Thor, though Harry/Ginny is still highly probably.
Note: This idea came to me less than half-an-hour before writing this, so I don’t even have notes. This idea may filter out eventually.
Harry Potter/Tales of Vesperia
Rita Mordio Harry Potter (not a romantic pairing)
Currently Called: Professor Mordio
I have a plan to have a small Vesperia crossover that may be extended should it prove popular enough. I’m not sure if I will publish it as a Vesperia crossover though as the only elements that will be constant in the story are Rita and her magic. It will largely ignore the story in Tales of Vesperia, something I don’t normally do for crossovers, I’m not sure Vesperia fans will like it all that much.
Note if I ever do this story I will likely categorise it as a pure Harry Potter fic, as anything other than Rita and her magic will be irrelevant to Tales of Vesperia.
Rita Mordio and Yuri Lowell with Harry Potter story (not romance)
Currently Called: The Power of Choice.
I have started this story, but am not committing to it unless I can really develop it somewhat. The idea behind this story would be that Harry, having grown up in an abusive environment, refuses to trust adults, not even those who come from the Wizarding World. The Story would feature intensive bashing of the Wizarding World, with the exception of Ginny whom Harry would, naturally, be paired with. My plan is to create a group based on what one might find in the tales series, but in the context of Harry Potter. The group so far would include Harry, Ginny, Yuri and Rita as well as others. A lot of the storyline is inspired by what went on in Tales of Vesperia, but it has pretty much nothing to do with it at the same time.
Note: Again I’m not sure if this would technically be categorised as a Crossover. Since Yuri and Rita would have all their magical skills from Vesperia it probably would have to be, and although the Terca Lumireis would not really exist at all in this story, elements from it may or may not become relevant. I suspect this is a story I will only post once it’s completed.
Question: In "Jessica Black and the Boy who Lived" who should Ginny ultimately be paired with?
Result: Colin Creevey – 18
“…it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”
- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“Bad leadership is all about being more single minded than others, good leadership is about eating large quantities of cake.”
- Albus Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets (Video Game)
“You criticize and attack people for their birth and upbringing - things they cannot change. It is you who are not human.”
- Presea Combatir in Tales of Symphonia
“Courage is the magic that turns into reality. A friend. A foolish, naïve friend with a few screws loose taught me that.”
- Richter Amend in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
“…Going it alone might be tough, but we’re not alone. If one person can’t do it, then we do it together.”
- Karol Capel in Tales of Vesperia
“Guys! We’ve really got to go quite quickly. I just accidently got engaged to Marilyn Monroe.”
- Dr Who (Matt Smith) in A Christmas Carol
“To die for one's people is a great sacrifice. To live for one's people, an even greater sacrifice.”
- Ambassador Chuchi in Star Wars the Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 15 “Tresspass”
“This is Berk. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies or parrots, we have… dragons.”
- Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Missing from Privet Drive|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|