Poll: In Harry Potter and the Boy Without a Home, who should take part in the Triwizard Tournament representing Hogwarts? Vote Now!
Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Tales of Symphonia, and Legend of Zelda.
Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE
I like to converse with fellow fans of fanfiction over the PM messaging system, but just so you know I will not respond to questions about when I’m uploading. Yes I know I’ve not updated in a year, but I have had other priorities.
Also if you’re going to make assertions that I’m wrong or doing something wrong, try and back it up with facts. Real facts, not something that is just written down, I know Demelza is listed as being a couple of years below Ginny on the Harry Potter Wiki but there is no mention of her year or age in the books.
It has been some time since I started fanfiction. Back then it was all about continuing the stories of Harry Potter. I love JK Rowling and her work, except the Cursed Child, what I do is not because I think what she did in the books was wrong, but simply because it’s fun to revisit things. My own Wizarding World is quite expansive and I have come up with theories and notions that have infuriated some of my readers, though I think I have approached things rationally (or as rational as one can get in a world of magic).
Also the amount of times someone has said to me something doesn’t make sense and I’m like, as opposed to what? A boy going to magic school, flying on a broomstick and sending messages with an owl?
I have learning difficulties so my spelling and grammar may not be so good at times, though I’m not sure agree with some of the assertions made by grammar commenters.
I can be quite territorial about my pairings. Just so you know.
Harry/Ginny – They are meant to be together. Rowling said so, and before anyone comments she did not say Harry would be better off with Hermione she just said Hermione might have been better with Harry than with Ron. Which is fair, and probably accurate. But ultimately I think Ginny is better than Hermione.
Ron/Hermione – I know, lots of people hate Ron, I even hate him myself sometimes, but at the times I do, guess what, I hate Hermione just as much. For the most part I actually like them both well enough and I can’t really envisage a story where they are not Harry’s best friends. I also think they are ideal for each other, simply because they each hold qualities the other lacks and that they are good at helping each other like that.
Neville/Luna – I know that this never came about in the books but until the books finished most of us expected it, and it is easy to see why. Neville is quite sensitive and Luna has a heart of gold and would be good for Neville’s self-esteem.
Tales of Symphonia
Lloyd/Sheena – I’m just not that fond of Colette and I think that Sheena’s fiery personality match Lloyd’s gruff but kind nature.
Genis/Presea – Sometimes I think this is a bit pie in the sky, but considering this series features a bisected world, a tower that rose to (and possibly docked to) a comet above the atmosphere, pies in the sky might not be so farfetched. Presea is so lonely and for reasons dumb or not, Genis cares about her and I feel may be the key to her moving on in life.
Emil/Marta – Upon reflection, Symphonia 2 might not have been the greatest game in the world, I think they could have done so much more, but there is something about Emil and Marta that warms my heart. Also if I ever get a black cat I’m calling it Tenebrae, it’s irrelevant but for some reason I feel like writing it here.
My Other Characters (OCs)
Harry Potter and the Third World:
- Sparrow Haitaka and Hawk Haitaka - collectively known as SparrowHawk. The name "Haitaka" comes from typing "sparrowhawk" into goggle translate and having it spit out the Romanised Japanese word which turned out to be "haitaka"
Sparrow is the most excitable of the sisters, the closest life form I can compare her to is that of a little girl whose overdosed on Irn-bru (a fizzy drink in Scotland, or soda as I think the American's call it, I’m not sure). Sparrow is highly intelligent, has a photographic memory but that particular quality is generally overlooked thanks to her "I love everything in the universe and must shout about it".
Hawk is more withdrawn, she is not the same Hawk as the Alice's lieutenant in the Vanguard, she spends most of her time in the Library reading books. If Sparrow is highly intelligent then Hawk is 'uber' intelligent. Her memory is eidetic but her she tends to keep her emotions withdrawn and can seem 'analytical'. I know this type of character is clichéd but I really wanted to put a Hawk next to a Sparrow.
Horatio Malakai – Malakai is an OC I invented for the sake of giving Harry and the Symphonia group another enemy in the Vanguard.
As Magnar’s Lieutenant in the dwindling Vangaurd army, Malakai was arrested in the wake of Half-Elves being released form captivity in the Imperial Research Academy in Sybak. He was found to have conducted experiments that killed and maimed countless Half-Elf’s and his crimes shocked even some of the most prolific supporters of the Tethe’allan Caste system. Whilst authorities debated his apparent lack sanity should disqualify him from the capital sentence, Malakai met and formed a relationship of mutual respect with the Magnar, the self-appointed leader of the Vanguard and looks up to him as a father figure.
- Wendy – A teenage girl held captive by the Vanguard, the impact she has on Harry will affect him for the rest of his life.
- Obviously Emma Lily Potter – an OC, Harry Potters Younger sister born exactly 2 months before her parents were murdered and exactly 13 Months after her older Brother making her Birthday 31st August 1981 in case you're wondering.
There are several what you might call unfamiliar characters in this story as well. I wanted a list of everyone in Emma’s year so there is a list of forty people in that year spread out equally by gender and house. It’s on chapter 9 of My Brother.
- Katy Creevey – Colin’s Mum. Makes up one half of the parents of Colin and Dennis Creevey. A full-time nurse, but with strong mothering instincts and concern for Colin’s friends. Lives with her family on the Creevey milk farm in North Yorkshire. A Nurse by profession, she represents the central guiding body in the family and makes most of the big decisions. Her strong mothering instincts as well as her gratitude for the loyalty of Colin’s friends shown to him during the Chamber of Secrets incident and afterwards played a key part in her decision to offer Demelza sanctuary when her father cut her out of the Robin’s family.
- Ruth Clearwater – sister to Percy’s girlfriend Penelope Clearwater. Originally in the story as Rebecca Clearwater but I kept on finding myself calling her Ruth (no idea why) so I changed it. Although not a founding member of the Defence Guild, she has stable friendships with the members including a friendly relationship with Luna Lovegood.
- Zack, Max and Eilidh Robins – Demelza’s siblings. Her older brother’s Zack and Max were most vocal and most protective of her when she protested her parents decision to send her to an old fashioned all-girls school and when she chose to join the Magical World against the express wishes of her Mother and father.
Zack has graduated from university with a degree in engineering and is at the beginning of his life as an independent adult. Though he does not know the first thing about raising a girl on the brink of becoming a teenager, he does offer her support wherever he can and sends money to the Creeveys to help with her upkeep.
Max is still a teenager. Like his other siblings he protests his parent’s stance on Demelza’s education and status as a woman in the last years of the 20th century. But he combines his opposition with his ultra-rebellious nature to the extent he starts causing new worries and new woes for his sister and the rest of the family.
Eilidh, though too young to fully understand the conflict her sister was presented with, was also immensely supportive but remains confused over why her father is being so difficult. With help from Emma, her brother’s confirmed that she was indeed a witch and would therefore would join her sister in the magical world.
Jessica Black and the Boy Who Lived:
- Jessica Marlene Black – My daughter of Black. Born to the Marauder Sirius Orion Black and the Death Eater Erin Lysandra Rosier as a result of circumstances that are as of right now not entirely clear (meaning only I know). Jessica has had a chaotic upbringing. She grew up in foster homes from the age of one when her father disappeared. A disruptive and aggressive child by nature, not to mention mischievous, prospective foster parents found her difficult to manage and issues were only exacerbated by her accidental magic. By the time she was six she was ‘handed over’ to the Regals. A couple who by all rights should not have been able to manage an unruly girl like Jessica, however the Regals had the undeniable advantage of living in Little Whinging near Harry Potter. Harry was the first person to understand Jessica and he was the first person to see her true self. At an age probably too young to happen, Harry and Jessica declare their love for one another and make a vow to always be together.
- David and Selena Regal – Jessica's Foster parents. David Regal is a politician and an MP in the Muggle Government. Selena is his supportive wife, she can't have children of her own but is not the least bit bothered by that restriction. They decided to foster a child as a political ploy to gain public approval. When things went well they officially adopted Jessica as their daughter. Although no love exists between them, the foster parents have a relationship of mutual respect with Jessica. Both characters play minor parts in the story but considering early chapters I thought it best to mention them.
- Erin Lysandra Rosier – (Jessica’s deceased Mum) I originally misheard the Death Eater "Evan Rosier" being called "Erin" so this OC was that Death Eaters sister. Erin was also a Death Eater. She and her brother died around the time Jessica was born.
The Realm of Passing:
- Elira Topali – Elira is an eight-year-old girl who lives with her father Loran in Përmet, Albania. She meets Harry for the first time after he uses the Floo to travel between Tirana and Përmet. Although she speaks no English and Harry speaks no Albanian they somehow form a close friendship while Harry is in Albania. Elira is easily bored and a little nosy, qualities that see her unknowingly drawn into one of Harry’s adventures.
It was always There:
- Melody Reid – a girl living in Iselia. This is the name I have given to the girl that Genis mentioned sneaking food to during a skit when he and Lloyd went to see Marble (the one Lloyd thought was a dog). Currently she only features in the first chapter of It was always there but I may introduce her to other stories, including the Crossovers.
Not Quite OCs
As there are so many characters in Harry Potter and other stoires for that matter there is only so much that we know about some minor or moderate characters, so like most authors on this site I have taken liberty with some of them.
- Demelza Robins – As the name is Cornish, I have made her Cornish as well, is that lazy? Probably, but no one cares, and if they do then they should stop. My most detailed Demelza is undoubtedly in the story My Brother.
Demelza as I know her is a Muggleborn struggling with the transition between magical and non-magical worlds. She is the third child in her family and the first (sometimes only) one to go to Hogwarts. Her parents are not keen on her going to Hogwarts, but under Wizarding Law can’t stop her from going if she wants to. As she progresses throughout school she becomes more and more estranged from her parents, but remains close to her older brothers who are quite protective of her.
There is more I could say, but I don’t want to accidentally spoil My Brother or some of my other stories.
HP spell list
Seaweed hair jinx – “Algacapillos!” => This is a jinx I invented myself, the function being that it turns someone’s hair into seaweed, currently it’s only mentioned and I’m not sure whether or not I’ll use it but you never know, I Haven’t even introduced Zacharias Smith to a story yet.
Cutting curse – “Circumdatos!” => Many people like to use “Diffindo!” for the cutting curse but I’ve gotten hooked on the series primarily through the video games, as such, “Diffindo!” will always be the severing charm for me.
Flagrante curse – “Comburet!” => I’ve haven’t found the incantation for this curse so I came up with this one. Consider this more powerful than “Flipendo!” but not as powerful as “Expulso!”
Explosion curse – “Confringo!”
- more powerful than Expulso
Blasting curse – “Expulso!” => Some people use this for the blasting curse and some use “Confringo!” I’m using this but I have enhanced Confringo so it’s more powerful
Red sparks spell - “Flipendo!” => Spell in First and Second Video games call it the knock-back jinx but I’ve always thought of it as the beginners red spark spell and I have become quite fond of it so expect it a lot. Yes I know it’s called the knockback Jinx but in the Philosophers Stone video game it looks like red sparks and it’s used to fight pretty much all the enemies.
- also see “Flipendo Maxima!” for massive fireworks display of red sparks
Stinging hex – “Fodio!” => Again couldn’t find the incantation for this so I invented it.
Slug-vomiting curse – “Limaxos!” => This is the curse Ron Weasley used against Draco Malfoy in the second book. I’ve merely created an incantation for the story My Brother.
Worm-vomiting curse – “Vermisvomitum!” => this spell is made up by me.
Bat-bogey hex – “Vespertilio Mucosarum!” => my chosen incantation for Ginny Weasley’s infamous signature spell.
Match to Needle transfiguration spell – “Ad Acus!” => the first year spell that everyone learns from Professor McGonagall.
Magic-Detection spell – “Cerno Enodo!” => a crude spell I made up for Harry in the Realm of Passing. Designed to detect magic, it’s effectiveness is dependent on that caster.
Fill in a hole in the ground – “Funero!” => A spell I made up designed to be the counterpart to the Charm Defodio which creates a hole in the ground.
Rock to chest transfiguration spell – “Lapidem adcista!” => I (or rather Harry) needed a short notice way of creating a box that could be buried underground.
“…it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!” – Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“Bad leadership is all about being more single minded than others, good leadership is about eating large quantities of cake.” – Albus Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets (Video Game)
“You criticize and attack people for their birth and upbringing - things they cannot change. It is you who are not human.” – Presea Combatir in Tales of Symphonia
“I am Mana, and I am the Giant Tree; I am a symbol of the many lives sacrificed to the Great Seed.” – Martel in Tales of Symphonia
“Courage is the magic that turns into reality. A friend. A foolish, naïve friend with a few screws loose taught me that.” – Richter Amend in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
“…Going it alone might be tough, but we’re not alone. If one person can’t do it, then we do it together. I finally learnt that we can walk together like that.” – Karol Capel in Tales of Vesperia
“Guys! We’ve really got to go quite quickly. I just accidently got engaged to Marilyn Monroe.” – Dr Who (Matt Smith) in A Christmas Carol
“To die for one's people is a great sacrifice. To live for one's people, an even greater sacrifice.” – Ambassador Chuchi in Star Wars the Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 15 “Tresspass”
“This is Berk. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies or parrots, we have… dragons.” – Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon.
|Community:||Missing from Privet Drive|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|