Poll: Do you guys want me to still write? Vote Now!
Author has written 5 stories for Harry Potter, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Twilight, Peeps, and Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
Important!! I am simply taking a break. I feel no motivation to write fanfiction at this point, but i don't want to delete everything. I hope that I can get back to it, but as of right now, I'm taking a break.
Okay, I'm going to try to do something new. Every week, I am going to post a new poll. It may or may not have anything to do with Fanfiction, but I want to see what you answer. With the polls, I would like you to be 100% honest. Okay, Start.
I am a huge Twilight fan, but i will not walk to Robert Patterson and ask him to bite me and make me a vampire, because that is just stupid. I would rather be a werewolf so I could still enjoy ice-cream.
For those who don't know, April DeLoine is basically my Fan Character. I love the fact that she is practically human but so close to vampire, but closer to half humans, but she isn't any of them. I love it!
The Three Demigods is about my friends and I sticking together through the thick and thin, even though we are different.
Please visit my fiction press to see Don't Hurt Me, it's being written to give strength to, well, you'll see in the author's note :)
My picture is Lilly's (from Lilly's Story) Wedding Dress.
I have a twitter account now. follow me @ Klutzyangel111 to see chapter announcements.
This is my guide to picking a good Beta Reader (if you choose to have one)
1. Your beta must be accepting requests, otherwise it is pointless to ask them to beta
2. Your beta should have experience with proofreading, frequently. I suggest college students, high schoolers, teachers, authors, editors, ect. Avoid middle school betas who have little or no experience
3. Pick someone who is critical, but also knows limits and can understand where you come from. If you choose someone who is to critical or doesn't do a good job telling you what is wrong, then it is like having you beta your own story, you will rarely find mistakes or critique yourself harder than another person.
4. Look at their disadvantages. If their disadvantage is something you can do yourself and not need a beta for, then it is more than likely that they will be able to do what you can't.
5. Pay attention to their preferences. A beta will post what they like to beta and what they don't, if you know that your story includes something that they will not beta, don't ask them anyway, they will say no. Choose a beta who prefers your type of story.
6. Try choosing someone who has written a story with the same category as yours, then they have interesting ideas and have the experience that is required for betaing. Just because they will beta that story for you does not mean that they can give you interesting ideas.
7. Choose a beta that communicates with you. Picking someone you don't know can be hard, especially when it comes to communication, choose someone who likes to learn about people.
8. Find someone who listens to your preferences and is willing to learn your writing style.
9. Try not to have more than one beta. If you do, that is fine, appoint a beta captain. chose the one who communicates with you the most and has the most experience.
10. Ask Questions. Getting to know your beta can help you both work together better.
11. Have fun with them!
My Guide to Being a Good Beta
1. Work with people. This is key to being a beta. People need to be listened to and as a beta, you are listening to them through their writing. To work with them, instead of just changing stuff for them, write it out in a different color and explain what you are doing and why. One of my betas does this and this way, I know how to make my stories better later. This also helps other people who beta understand how they can help.
2. Listen to preferences. It is okay to have your own, but make sure that you know what others like to do. If someone wants you to correct errors for them and leave the plot alone, do it. This is a key part to work together as well.
3. Be creative. Have new ideas for those open people who listen or those who get writers block. As a beta, don't write a chapter unless you are asked to. You may offer, but only if you haven't received a chapter for quite some time or they complain about writers block.
4. Communicate. talk to your author. They will want to know what you do and how you work. the best way to get to know someone's work ethics is to know their personalities. Tell them what you like to do when betaing. Message them if you have something going on that can delay a chapter. this encourages them to talk to you as well.
5. Make it clear what you can and can not do, what you like and dislike. Betas read and correct stories for the fun of it, so you should not have to endure torture because you did not post what your own preferences are. Don't be struggling to figure out if you messed up something because you didn't post that your bad at grammar or spelling.
6, Use a dictionary and thesaurus. these tools are key to betaing. Use them often, look up words that sound funny in the dictionary. Look up common words in the thesaurus and find a new exotic word to replace it, making the story even better for the author.
7. List your experience on your beta profile page. If you proofread speeches for a speech class, write it down. If you are a big time editor, write it down! Catching on?
8. Try to get the chapter back to the author by a certain date. 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to proofread and fix mistakes for one chapter. Some authors (such as myself) set a time limit. Try to meet their deadline, or they will annoy you with constant messages asking about their story chapters. if you cannot make the dead line they set, explain why.
9. Have fun and don't stress out. It's for fun.
Dean: If you fudging touch me again I'll fudging kill you
the Queen of the Damned
Edward: Your not worried that you are about to enter a house of vampires, but that those said vampires won't like you?
Max: There is always a plan
Iggy: I can feel colors!!!!
Edward: You can't trust vampires, trust me
Jacob: Sorry I called you a hypocrite
The Gasman: I vill destroy all the Snickers!!
Buffy: You're the one who said I was going to die
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel: I was looking there, and you walked by there
Cordelia: Hi, sorry about the possession and all
Buffy: Oh that's loud
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Willow: Oh, Principal Wood! I see that the cheerleading squad drill routine is coming along nicely
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Edward: So the lion fell in love with the lamb
Jacob: You don't see the fish trying to kiss the eagle
Jacob: Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on tv!
Jacob: Next time you want to hit me, hit me with a baseball bat or a crow bar.
Edward: I would just like to know what Jacob did to make you stab him, not that I object
Alice: Oh, calm down, Bella! There's no reason not to go through with it. Besides, the invitations are already sent
The Hunter of Forks
Buffy: The students feel the teachers are out to get them, the chess club is mad at the French club for taking the activities room, and everybody hates the cheerleaders
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 7
The Real Me
When I look in the mirror, I don’t see
I see someone who wants to give
I don’t see what the rest of the world sees
Any guy who doesn’t see that,
Until then I am like a swan
The Little Boy and The Old Man
Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
I was walking around in a supermarket when i saw a cashier hand this little boy his money back, the boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old. The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'' The little boy turned to the old woman next to him, ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?'' She... replied, ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'' Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to. 'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.' I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.' His eyes were so sad while saying this, 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said, 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.' Then he showed me a very nice photo of himself. He was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll!'' OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money. The little boy said, 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!' Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!''
I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.'' 'My mommy loves white roses.' A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket. I finished my shopping in a totally different state of mind from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.
Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with the little boy I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away.
I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever.
The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine, and in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
Ademia: Maygan? But we've been friends...
The Three Demigods
Unsafe External Link