Author has written 16 stories for Harry Potter, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!.
My AO3 account:
valloryr (dot) tumblr (dot) com (for everything)
valloryrussups (dot) tumblr (dot) com (for writing, fandom stuff, the occasional sneak peek or update)
You can ask me any sort of question on my tumblr! It's usually way quicker than a review.
Note 1: Don't be afraid of PM-ing me if you have a question regarding any of my stories! Or anything at all.
Note 2: English isn't my native language, so consider yourself warned!!! Until I was 14-15 and discovered fanfiction, I didn't even like it that much, to be honest. I love it now, but it's not nearly a native-speaker's level.
Note 3: Some of the things below may or may not be true anymore because they were written a while ago and I'm too lazy to correct them yet.
Please note that despite my latest activity in the KHR and KHR/HP fandoms, I'm not abandoning my Tomarry works! I'm just... pushing them away for a little bit. An update for The Librarian is likely to to be posted after the RP Week is over. The same goes to In A World Gone Astray, but I still need to find the strength to re-read the whole thing before posting new chapters. Ugh.
For now, you can enjoy my new crossover "Bakin' Magic" which doesn't require much of KHR knowledge to be understood ;p Have fun!
KHR RARE PAIR WEEK 2018:
A huge thanks to everyone who has participated in my poll! Your input has been incredibly helpful and I really appreciate the fact that so many people bothered to vote. While all of these stories will be written eventually, the poll has helped me decide which fics will be written for this week and which ones will be put on the back-burner atm.
Fic titles are subject to change. Almost all of these are oneshots.
All right, so:
1) Fics that are going to be posted 100%:
b) "Flowers of the Sky" (Arco27; Sun Day; T; WIP)
2) Fics that are highly likely to be posted:
b) "Love at First Kidnapping" (Alaude27; Cloud Day; T)
c) "Fairytales and Mermaids" (Bluebell/Uni; Rain Day; T)
d) "We're Walking to the Sky" (Arco/Harry; May be Mist, Cloud, Rain, Flameless, or Lightning Day; T to M; WIP) Not part of the poll but was written a long time ago.
3) Fics that may or may not be posted:
a) "Resignation: Rejected" (Verde27; Lightning Day; T)
b) "Washed Away" (8027; Rain Day; M)
4) Fics unlikely to be posted but miracles happen:
a) "Hands Off! This Was My Date First" (Viper27; Mist Day; T or M)
b) "Confessing Drunk Just Can't Go Wrong" (Kusakabe27; Flameless Day; T)
c) "Embrace" (Kawahira27; Sun Day; T)
d) "Tea-Party with Your Ghost" (Giotto/Harry; Flameless Day; T)
5) Fics that definitely won't be posted on Rarepair Week but later:
a) "Scaled Perfection" (Yuni/fem!Tsuna, side 10027Uni; T)
b) "Friends, No Benefits (Or Are There?)" (Shamal27; M)
c) "Bedroom: Tentacles Are Not Allowed" (9627; M)
Things I'll never do in fanfiction:
- MPREG. Not my cup of tea. Babies and toddlers in general disgust me, not to mention that most of these stories happen when Harry is still a minor. Why the bloody hell do we preach teenage pregnancy even in fanfiction?
- Simply child-overload. What I mean is that you won't see me writing stuff where I describe those hellish brats as angels and devote whole pages to how cute this or that child is. The canon characters are an exception simply because I don't regard them as children, but imagine them more grown-up than they really are. I'm all right with children (and write them myself) when they are treated as actual characters/people and have a purpose in the story other than to be kidnapped or be cooed over by adults.
- Women-bashing. Please let's not spread misogyny any further than it already is IRL, all right? Hating some girl might be okay if you personally don't like her much (Umbridge, anyone?) but calling all women worthless throughout your fiction or bitches that steal Harry/Edward/Voldemort/Draco/Snape/whoever...
- Slave fics. I adore elements of BDSM, but slavery in general makes me ill. Especially if a romantic relationship is supposed to grow out of it.
My favourite tropes and plots (in Harry Potter):
- A dark love-hate relationship between Harry and Tom. Or Harry and any male. OR between any girls, especially Bella and Hermione.
- Harry is the brother of the BWL. He doesn't even have to be the real BWL or to be abused per say, but he certainly should be Darkish.
- Harry goes to another school, be it a creature school, Durmstrang, or even Beauxbatons.
- A powerful, preferably Slytherin Harry.
- A powerful Harry who prefers to be something lowkey like a florist or a potter instead of flaunting that power.
- Political intrigue.
- The exploration of the magical culture: types of magic, way of life, traditions, rituals, holidays. I love stories where Harry has a fancy ability, and he doesn't even have to hold immense power so long as he knows how to use what he does have.