Poll: What is the story you would like me to update more frequently? Vote Now!
Author has written 8 stories for Harry Potter.
http: // archiveofourown. org/ users/ ForgottenJuliett
http: // forgotenjuliett. livejournal. com
The previous account stopped working because I managed to forget my password, so the new one is:
Don't be afraid of PM-ing me if you have a question regarding any of my stories! Or anything at all. I can also read and most likely review your story so long as it's slash with Harry as a bottom but doesn't contain him being preggers.
Searching for a Beta
I would like a beta for "In a World Gone Astray", "Our Carnival of Dreams", "Tearing the Veil from Grace", and/or "Death Comes with a Crawl". You could choose only one story or try to do them all - which wouldn't be that hard considering my low update rate. (I swear I'm trying to change! I really do!)
Here are the things I would like my beta to do:
- be my springing board for ideas (I love bouncing these around. If you are a fellow writer, I can help you in this way, too)
- have a more or less good grasp on grammar
- be polite; I don't mind you being stern (I welcome it somewhat!) but there are limits
- know a bit about writing dialogue or action scenes.
Although I've been managing fine even without a beta-reader, I think my writing would only win if I found one :D I prefer communication by mail, so please send me one at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can PM me.
Updated most of my stories in these past two weeks. Aren't you happy? ;) Have a problem with WLTT: I had all the files on my USB but, probably because of a virus, my laptop doesn't see the device at all. I have the backup files, but for them I have to access my parents' computer, which is in another city. There is little time for me to go there, but watch out for the updates on Wednesday or on Sunday; I'm very likely to recover the files on either of these days.
(Or you could advise me what to do when a computer doesn't see a USB.)
Hello! I'm terribly sorry that I haven't updated anything in a very long while. It's just that a couple of months ago I encountered a problem I couldn't solve at all, and it would have meant bad things for my ambitions, so I was actually preparing myself to commit suicide in a week, and it would have been silly to spend my last month of life immersed in fanfiction... but today, miraculously, I discovered another way out. So, I still need a week or so to deal with personal matters, but at least I don't plan on offing myself anymore.
Things I'll never do in fanfiction:
- MPREG. Not my cup of tea. Children in general disgust me, not to mention that most of these stories happen when Harry is still a minor. Why the bloody hell do we preach teenage pregnancy even in fanfiction?
- Simply child-loving. What I mean is that you won't see me writing stuff where I describe those hellish brats as angels and devote whole pages to how cute this or that child is. The canon characters are an exception simply because I don't regard them as children, but imagine them more grown-up than they really are.
- Women-bashing. Please let's not spread misogyny, all right? Hating some girl might be okay if you personally don't like her much (Umbridge, anyone?) but calling all women worthless throughout your fiction...
- Slave fics. I adore elements of BDSM, but slavery in general makes me ill.
My favourite tropes and plots:
- A dark love-hate relationship between Harry and Tom. Or Harry and any male.
- Harry is the brother of the BWL. He doesn't even have to be the real BWL or to be abused per say, but he certainly should be Dark.
- Harry goes to another school, be it a creature school, Durmstrang, or even Beauxbatons. Actually, some years ago I had very elaborate plans for a Harry-goes-to-Beauxbatons story, so if you want, I can mail them to you for adoption ;)
- A powerful, preferably Slytherin Harry.
- Political intrigue.
- The exploration of the magical culture: types of magic, way of life, traditions, rituals, holidays. I love stories where Harry has a fancy ability, and he doesn't even have to hold immense power so long as he knows how to use what he does have.
How I imagine some characters from In a World Gone Astray:
Harry Potter -Actually, this isn't what I had in mind at first... But THAT pin is lost, anyway. As far as only facial features go, Harry's more likely to look like this: or Take your pick ;) Voldemort - Bella Lestrange - Lily Potter - Susan Bones -
Zacharias Smith -
Rabastan Lestrange -Rodolphus Lestrange -
Unsafe External Link