Author has written 1 story for Legend of Zelda.
If you clicked the link to my profile page, expecting my life story, well, nah. Wrong! Not giving it to you! You just have to imagine my background information!
Then again, I guess I can spare a few details...
Real name: Jeremy
Place: Minnesota, USA
Hobbies: Video games, slacking (I excel at the latter), writing stuff.
Steam ID: Explodium
I'm one of those rarer male fanfic writers, does that make it...manfanfic?
Why I starting writing fanfic, you might ask?
Well, I read plenty o' fics. One day I was like...you know what? I feel like writing my own stuff! Just like that, I started a' writing. Based on the feedback I get, I do an okay job!
Stuff I like: Most of the old-school Nintendo series, and their modern stuff as well (LoZ, Mario, Metroid, ect.), Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Bioware/ect.,and other stuff, why would you care, anyway? I've also found myself to be fond of old-school shooters (Doom).
In my story, Unintended Consequences, I tend to put a little gripe at the end of each chapter. Just because I can, I will compile them here.
Random Writing Gripes:
1. "Its" is possessive, "It's" is a contraction of "It is". Get it right!
2. Massive walls of text aren't 'cool' or 'hip'. Use the damned enter key to make it more presentable!
3. When writing a story, makes sure your title/description is free of typos, otherwise you look rather silly!
4. You know those proper nouns? Capitalize them!
5. There is for locations, their is possessive, and they're is a contraction of 'they are'. Get it right!
6. When writing dialogue, use a line break when someone else starts speaking! Dear GOD use a line break!
7. Rogue is the guy who goes around pickin' locks and disarmin' traps. Rouge is makeup, red in French, or the character from Sonic the Hedgehog. Get it right!
8. You shouldn't start a sentence with 'and', it's unfabulous!
9. Keep bold text out of the body, it's lame!
10. Do NOT write in script format!
11. Use a fricken' spellchecker! Excessive typos make me cringe!
12. Don't write things like "DIS IS GReAt STORY, READ IT DAMMIT!" in your description.
13. If someone posts perfectly valid constructive criticism on your stuff…don't flame them, constructive criticism is a good thing.
14. Separation of story and gameplay elements, people. I don't want to hear about Link using Z-Targeting in a fanfic!
15. At least TRY to write a summary. "I suck at descriptions, read plz," does NOT sound very appealing.
16. If English isn't your main language, and it's less than stellar, you should get a beta who does speak fluent English.
17. Excessive profanity is just annoying.
Status on the next chapter: Haven't Even Started!