Author has written 3 stories for Hunger Games.
I write stuff. Daytripper. Film guru. Professional gum-chewer.
Check out my tumblr at (jgrayzz . tumblr . com) for all the neon and electronic music you'll ever need.
I've been gone for awhile. I really miss writing. Expect something soon.
5/21/12 - I am one of 24 authors collaborating on one big project, entitled "Bring Them to Their Knees". It's a Hunger Games fanfic, and let's just say I am very excited to be participating. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and it's an honor to have been chosen. *Speaking in Movie Trailer Guy Voice* Join us 24 authors as we produce a unique and suspenseful extravaganza like no other you've ever seen or read. Each author creates a piece of the puzzle that is essential to the story. Authors new and old will be writing, some you might have seen from "Tears of Blood", and some entirely new, like me! We promise to entertain to the best of our ability, even if a few of us are newbies.
10/6/13 - My new story is in development. First chapter should be up later this month. It takes place in Panem in an alternate timeline where a major character's role in the HG franchise is drastically altered. Stay tuned. I'm considering a Halloween release.
10/31/13 - Debut of Radiance, the first of a planned trilogy.
12/17/14 - I am involved in another 24 Authors collaboration led by NicKenny, this time it is the Hunger Games crossing over with the Marvel Universe; dubbed the "Avenger Games". I will be writing for Elektra Natchios, the world's deadliest assassin. Highly recommend everyone to check it out!
4/4/15 - Radiance is back in business.
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allen Poe
“Look down at me and you see a fool; look up at me and you see a god; look straight at me and you see yourself.” - Charles Manson
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf The Grey
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." - George Harrison
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash,
Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee
-Shannara Books (In particular, "Elfstones of Shannara" and "Wishsong of Shannara") by Terry Brooks (Seriously underrated--highly recommend.)
-Hunger Games Trilogy
-Lord of The Rings Trilogy
-Låt den Rätte Komma In
-A Clockwork Orange
-The Picture of Dorian Gray
Favorite Novel/Manga/Comic Characters
-Kazuo Kiriyama (Battle Royale)
-Light Yagami (Death Note Manga/Anime)
-Matt & Mello (Death Note Manga/Anime)
-The Flash (DC)
-Wil Ohmsford (Elfstones of Shannara)
-Bronn (Game of Thrones)
-Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
-Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones)
-Sandor Clegane (Game of Thrones)
-Findo Gask (Genesis of Shannara)
-Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
-Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter)
-Cato (Hunger Games)
-Haymitch Abernathy (Hunger Games)
-Thresh (Hunger Games)
-Murtagh & Thorn (Inheritance Cycle)
-Legolas (Lord of the Rings)
-The Hulk (Marvel)
-Garet Jax (Wishsong of Shannara)
Finally got another Victor thanks to a good friend. :D
Sometimes I look back at these characters and ask myself what the hell I was thinking. Sometimes I wish these characters could have had a better chance and most of the time I wish they could have been killed off earlier.
I tried to do something different, and 90% of the time it didn't work out. But for the times it did, I thank the writers that tried to understand. You know who you are. Thank you.
Demetra Van Sant, 17, District Zero; Sector I, All Eyes
Elektra Natchios, 16, "Perfect Death", District One Female, Volunteer, In The End, You Always Kneel
Jordyn Rossi, 18, "The Dragon", District One Female, Volunteer, Hunt or be Hunted: The 205th Hunger Games
Avanti Trevino, 18, "Sugar", District Two Female, Reaped, Devil Side
Blake Warren, 18, "The Glacier", District Two Male, Volunteer, Fear of Falling
Parker Liddell, 16, "The Sinner", District Three Male, Reaped, Picking Up The Pieces: The 81st Hunger Games
Owen Blackwood, 17, "The Forsaken Son", District Four Male, Reaped, Lockdown
Skylar Barassi, 17, "The Shadow", District Four Female, Volunteered, Haus der Toten
Zeppelin Cross, 18, "The Deadbeat", District Four Male, Volunteer, Secrets Inside
Arlette 'Letta' Germain, 14, "The Strange Girl", District Eight Female, Wade in the Water
Vendetta Scott, 18, "The Wildcat", District Nine Female, Reaped, Seven Devils
Sterling Milano, 18, "The Mammoth", District One Male, The 13 Games: Luxury
Stats: 6'7" (2.02 m), 213 lbs; 2 Kills
Ryella Duval, "Medusa", District Six Female, Reaped, The Origins of Monstrosity
Stats: 5'11" (1.81 m), 122 lbs; 4 kills
Wyatt Lane, 17, "The Bully", District Seven Male, Volunteer, Epitaph -- Placed 4th
Marshall Kilbourne, 18, "The Sordid Vendor", District Five Male, Reaped, Lonely Hour -- Placed 6th
Corton Paventi, 18, "The Heartless", District Two Male, Volunteer, A Messenger's Angst -- Placed 9th
Icarus 'Ike' Valera, 18, "The Fallen Angel", District Four Male, Volunteer, Oblivion -- Placed 11th
Zoya 'Zoe' Pavlenko, 16, "The Tomboy", District Four Female, Volunteer, Wish Upon A Star: SYOT -- Placed 12th
Lilith Lark, 17, "Melody", District Two Female, Volunteer, The 18th: Standing in their Graves -- Placed 15th
Troy Westbrook, 17, "Mighty Mouse", District Nine Male, Reaped, Down to the Wire -- Placed 15th
Nevaeh Blume, 15, "The Wallflower", District Five Female, Reaped, Hideaway -- Placed 16th
Connor Poe aka "Kid Chronic", "The Longful Lyricist", 18, District Four Male, Volunteer, Heights -- Placed 19th
Claude Winters (I), 17, "The Sadistic Waif", District Five Male, Volunteer, 36th(?) Hunger Games SYOT
Claude Winters (II), 18, "The Loser", District Four Male, Volunteer, Nth Hunger Games: Beginnings and Ends
Dawson Calloway, 19, "The Veteran", Alaska, Blood Money
Ember Wade, 17, "The Teen-Drama Queen", District Four Female, In Cold Blood: The 51st Hunger Games
Ignatia Lamont, 15, "Cinderella", District Twelve Female, You Win or You Die: The 15th Hunger Games
Lorelle 'Lore' Fetique, 16, "Telekinetic Waif", District One, Dust to Dust
Lucian Drake, 16, "The Equivocal Devil", District Twelve Male, Bring Them to Their Knees
Neros Lancaster, 18, "The Royal Scumbag", District Four Male, Danse Macabre
Pandora Lovett, 17, "The Nominal Hero", District Four Female, Artillery, War Game
Wren Stoker, 17, "The Hopeless Addict", District Ten Female, Volunteer, The 13 Games: Ranching
Characters on FF with my Stamp of Approval!
- Honora Cashmere Flloyd (Crush or be Crushed: The 204th Hunger Games) One of the best Career characters I've ever read. Complex.
- Con 'Rossencourte' (Bring Them to Their Knees) One of the most unique and original characters I've ever read about in a Hunger Games fandom. The author even gave him an accent.
- Erik Fiske (Bring Them to Their Knees) Really complex character, I loved his anti heroism.
- Adrenaline Rush (Fire and Ice: The 43rd Hunger Games) Coolest chick to ever grace a Hunger Games story. Just like her name implies, she's wild, well written, and once you read about her you can't get enough. Quite memorable.
- Saffron Le Bel (Fire and Ice: The 43rd Hunger Games) Easily the funniest original character I've read about. It's not just about the way he speaks, but also about the manner in which he is written. It never stops being funny.
- William (She Hates You) Comes from an original story in the Vampire fandom. Such a unique character with amazing development and an interesting twist. Simply unforgettable.
- Willow Lockett (Shot In the Dark) One of the best interpretations of a budding sociopath in the Hunger Games fandom. You barely hear about her in the story, despite being one of the major antagonists, though this makes her appearances all the more special.
- Boston Williams (Tears of Blood) The darkest character I've read about in a Hunger Games story. The slow progression of his insanity is so intriguing and almost tragic to read about.
- Roy Rousseau (Tears of Blood) Unforgettable character, and the only pyromaniac depicted correctly in a Hunger Games story. Plus, he's French.
- Abbadon Sirus (The Disastrous 42nd Hunger Games) What can I say? This character was an absolute badass antagonist. He flew solo throughout the entire story, was a huge threat to the Careers, and kept his word. Story is filled with great original characters, but Abbadon stood out to me the most.
- Jed (The Hunters) This character comes from the Let the Right One In fandom, which alone is filled with amazing stories. Jed is one of the most fleshed out and realistic characters I've ever read about, and the story alone is one of the most tragic and well written on FF I have ever read.
- Zap "Tharizdun" Philistone (The Monster Within Us) Story is *decent* at best for an SYOT, but the character is so interesting it makes up for the writing. Zap is simply an unstoppable monster in the Games. Unrealistic? Maybe. But it's sure fun as hell to read about.
You'll know it's my character if they're cold antagonists, gruff anti-heroes, morally ambiguous, or sociopathic. Primarily, my favorite characters have always been that of villains. In most stories, I usually tend to favor the villains/antagonists in the end. I am fond of antagonists because despite their flaws, they have an incredible story to tell. Villains are rarely born -- they're made. And I want people to see that journey.
Characters are only interesting to me if they have good development. I need to be able to try to get inside a character's head before I truly get a feel for them emotionally. Characters who also have some sort of psychological disorder also intrigue me--don't ask me why. Although it depends on the writing style, I tend to like narrations where the writing is detached, or distant, with captivating dialogue.
I'm also into characters with strange habits and tics; I like introducing people to someone they've never met before, someone they'll never meet in real life, but someone they can't stop thinking about. Eccentricity is something to be expected while reading any of my work.
My writing has been said to be dark, angsty, and uncomfortable. Ironically, making people laugh at least once is always my goal, and even if I have to make scenes over the top and extremely drawn out and detailed, then so be it. As long as you guys have a good time observing the characters and their strange minds then I know I'm writing well. I tend to write in the First Person tense, that way people can truly get inside any character I write.
I do take my time when I write; I was never fond of deadlines. But, expect something good. As long as I have the freedom and time I need, you'll get some good material.
MBTI: INTJ or INTP (idk anymore)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Star Wars: Sith
Mortal Instruments: Werewolf
Thrones House: Martell
Supernatural Creature: Dragon
Child of: Poseidon