Author has written 19 stories for Friends, and Fault in Our Stars.
I am a 22-year-old girl, who loves to read and write fan fiction. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE Mondler!
A well written C&M fic is all it takes to brighten up my day :)
Okay, since I've written over 50,000 words on here (hey, that's a pretty impressive feat, as far as I am concerned!), I thought I might as well update my profile. (This is pretty looong. So, if you're not in the mood to read/scroll down, click the amazing 'Hide Bio' hyperlink on the upper right corner.)
Well, nothing much to say here, but if you're interested, I could tell you the following things:
1. As it says above, I love Mondler. They're cute together, they're hot together. They're just perfect together. (Don't you agree?)
2. I've read almost all the Mondler FFs that this site contains and all the well written ones in the other sites, too.
3. I cry when I read a sad fic (and I hate the fact that I do). I try to avoid sad stories as much as possible, but sometimes, you just can't get away from them.
4. I am a little obsessed with spellings and punctuation. And grammar.
5. I love all the fics that are on my favorite list. I mean, I really love them. So, if you're a fellow Mondler fan, I'd highly recommend them all. They're really good. (Not that others aren't, but these are definitely good.)
6. I am a secret fan of 'Chandler-torture'. I know that that's not a genre, but I really wish there was one.
7. I detest Randler. With a vengeance. When I read a Randler fic, I feel like I'm cheating on Monica. Even the word 'Randler' sounds sinister to me.
8. I've tried to read R/R, P/J, J/C & J/R, but nothing can hold my interest like M/C can. With the others, I get bored by the end of the first paragraph.
9. I hate Richard. And Kathy. Especially Kathy. Not that I hate the characters themselves, it's the way they are portrayed in most FFs. They were not evil on the show, and I don't think they should be shown in such bad light as most fanfics do.
10. I wanted to kill Monica when she called out for Richard in 'TOW the Proposal'.
11. I have a bad luck when it comes to alerts: When I add a story to my alert list, it is seldom updated. On the other hand, when someone adds my stories to their alert list, they seldom review ;)
12. I wonder why C/M didn't get together before season 5.
13. God, I love season 5!
14. She danced around with a bird carcass on her head to cheer him up. If that's not love, then I don't know what it is.
15. I love their secret-relationship/sneaking-around period :D
16. I still don't get what Chandler means when he says, "I got caught up at work, but I am quitting tomorrow!" or "It's a very large plane." (I got it, thanks to Stephy-Lou Clark-Weasley :D)
17. Did you notice that all the pivotal C/M moments begin with Chandler opening the door to apartment 20? First, "I am still on London time." Second, "What if I unpack here?" and finally the Proposal scene. (You might think it's a dumb trivia, but I still think it's cool!)
18. Say what you say, I still find Janice hilarious!
19. I've watched the 'I am still on London time, does that count?' scene a million times :')
20. I have a huge soft spot for C/M college fics.
21. I cry when Chandler cheats on Monica in FFs. I mean, I see them as the most committed couple, ever. Period. So why make him cheat on her? It seriously shakes my faith in marriage.
22. It bugs me to no end when writers don't specify the genre.
23. I consider smileys as punctuation. That's probably why you wouldn't see a comma or a full stop when I do this :)
24. I am intrigued by second-person narrative, and I'd love to write an one-shot in it. But, for some reason, it seems to me like only angsty fics work well with SPN...
25. Augustus Waters, I am so in love with you :'(
26. It is so unfair that FF.net allows me to use multiple punctuation marks in my profile but not in my stories. The tone of a particular exclamatory statement might be more pronounced when followed by '?!' rather than by just '!'. FF.net, please try and rectify this if you can. (And you've fixed it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D)
27. I love the pre-Mondler moments. All of 'em.
a. "When we're forty, if neither of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have one?"
Of course, Monica would probably be the only woman on earth to respond to this sweetest proposal with "Why won't I be married when I am forty?"
b. "Worst comes to worst, I'll be your boyfriend."
And she laughs out loud.
c. "Nuclear holocaust. I am the last man on earth. Will you go out with me?"
Her reply: "Eh."
d. "You're the most beautiful woman in most rooms-"
She kisses him.
(Perseverance does pay off ;D)
e. Do I even have to mention the 'towel' scene?
28. Do you know what I just realized? I have a lot of 'fics that have titles that end with the word 'Love'... (Note to self: Don't start another story whose title has the word 'Love' in it. It starts to get annoying.)
29. 146,583 words and counting!!!
30. For every 5 people who read your stories, there's always this 1 creep who puts you on author and story alerts, and never bothers to review your fics even once. Not once.
31. It's not the big moments. Okay, to a large extent, it is the big moments (London Time; What if we live together and you understand what I'm saying?) which make me love Mondler, but have you ever noticed those little ones?
The high-fives, the little pecks on the forehead or cheeks? And he strokes her hair (if you look carefully in scenes that do not include them, especially in Season 8) with a fondness that only the most devoted husband would possess.
I don't know if it's the chemistry between MP and CC in real life, or whether they're just playing their characters, but these little things make it absolutely impossible not to fall in love with this couple.
32. Time and again, I return to my old stories and chapters, and read them. Sometimes I cringe on reading them (don't know why), and other times, I find some mistakes that've eluded me, although I check my updates over and over again, before I post them.
I don't know how that happens. Gotta do something with the way our brain works, I guess.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if you do find any mistakes (spellings or otherwise) in my works, please do let me know. I'd really appreciate that :)
33. Wow, now they're revealing how many people have favorited and how many are following my stories? I've always considered those stuffs to be kinda... private.
34. And 'follower'?! That sounds like a cult.
35. Would you like to hear one of my random thoughts? I've been having such an intense desire to write the following scene in one of my fics:
The steel blade of the knife is cold against his throat, and he stops breathing, his eyes holding her unwavering gaze.
She presses the knife closer to his skin, and stands on her toes, leaning forward. Her lips brush his earlobe. "I will kill you," she whispers against his ear, as he tries hard to keep still.
She pulls back and throws the knife on the floor. She smiles at him lightly, and leaves the room, the sound of her footsteps accentuated by the stillness of the night.
As the blade glints in the moonlight, he slowly starts to breathe again.
He knows she's not lying. She will kill him.
Weird, nah? I know! Don't be surprised if you find this in any of my upcoming updates :P
36. Fall - For some reason, this is like the most beautiful word to me. If you hand me a dictionary, and ask me to choose my most favorite word, it'd be 'fall'.
37. I write ridiculously long author's notes. In fact, if I copy and paste all my A/Ns in a word document, I can make a whole FF out of them.
38. I cannot, for the life of me, read one of my own fics after about a month I post it. There are only two fics of mine that I can read without cringing - 'If it's Love' and 'Brighter Than Sunshine'.
39. Did you notice that Chandler proposes to Monica, both in S5 and S6, at the exact same spot in the living room? And they're both on their knees during both the proposals! Joincidence?
40. I never check my story stats. It depresses me when I compare the number of reviews to the number of visitors.
41. I'm constantly amazed by how sweet the authors and readers of this fandom are. I really am. If only people were as nice in my real life (y'know, the one that I have outside of this fandom)...
42. Dear plagiarizer, if you think that you are flattering the author by copying their work, you are mistaken. Writers put in so much effort and time to try and make their characters sound real, and filled with life. If you don't have the time to appreciate it, that's fine. You don't have to review the work; hell, you don't even have to read it, but DO NOT STEAL it!
As a writer of fan fiction, it saddens me to say that many people do not consider FFs to be the most original form of fiction (I do not blame them). Some even go so far as to say that fan fiction is plagiarism. So to steal from such a work and to pass it off as a work of pure fiction? That is such a low, deplorable thing to do.
How long did it take for you to copy it and change the characters' names? Fifteen minutes? It took me 8 months to get there.
If you have the time and the talent to write, please do so. If you don't, I'm sure you can find something better to do than to copy other people's work and publish it as if it's your own.
The bottom line is this, and it is really simple: DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK.
43. For authors who are wondering whether their own fic has been plagiarized - I can tell you the way through which I found out. I don't know whether it's foolproof, but it sure did help me.
Take a line from your fic that you think is unique to your story, and to your style of writing-
For example, the line I took was - "My big, warm, loving heart?" from chapter 5 of 'If it's Love'.
-and google this line, and make sure that it is within double quotes, since that yields the exact matches. If you find any result other than your own story, check it out.
I know it sounds paranoid, even borderline narcissistic, but after what I saw, I don't really care as to how it sounds. Nor should you, when one of your works is at stake.
44. I was just going through the FFN guidelines (for fun. Yeah, I'm kinda weird...) and guess what I found out? Second person fics are not allowed! I mean, I usually pay attention to these little things and actually abide by the rules, and now I'm wondering how I managed to miss reading that tiny sentence all this time. I've read that guidelines thingy a hundred times before.
45. My pet peeve: I have loads when it comes to fan fiction, but the one thing that annoys me the most is when writers misspell 'definitely'. There's NO 'a' in 'definitely'. It's such a simple word for crying out loud! You'll be surprised to hear how many times I get to read 'defiantly', instead of 'definitely'.
46. To me, the FFN Ad Blocker is a boon.
47. I have no idea what a 'Youtube Fanfiction' is. If you know, please do enlighten me.
48. There's one 'Friends' character whom I think I'll never be able to portray correctly - Judy Geller. She's just so hard to write! Her personality is somewhere between overbearing/irritating/bitchy/condescending/constantly-Ross-favoring (that's a lot of adjectives), and it's hard to find a balance among all those traits when you're trying to write her.
49. The constantly evolving features of FFN are making my head spin. Seriously, STOP!
50. I've always been ambivalent about my feeling for both R/R and J/R, but now, I've come to a conclusion - I prefer J/R to R/R.
51. To me, the perfect Mondler song will always be 'I Will Love You' by Fisher.
52. If I have your story on my alert list, I will review.
Unsafe External Link