Author has written 3 stories for Harry Potter, and Inuyasha.
I'm a person, more or less. Harry Potter Enthusiast. Yes, I drew my avatar image.
On HP fics:
- I'm much better at reading than I am at writing. So, peruse my favorites! I enjoy collecting great stories. Lyrical prose makes me swoon, and adventurous plots give great excitement. If you have any recommendations, don't be afraid to suggest them to me!
-I'm a stickler for reasonable and readable grammar, punctuation and spelling. If I can spot more than two or three big errors within the first chapter, or one within the summary, it becomes very irritating to me. If anyone spots mistakes within my story, I always immediately correct it the first chance I get (there's always a couple that slip past). So, if you spot a mistake, let me know!
-My favorite elements within HP fanfics include: time travel (especially back to the marauder era), twin BWLs, crossovers (mostly Avengers/Inuyasha/FMA/Bleach/Deathnote/Twilight), Super!Harry/Prodigy!Harry/Genius!Harry, dimension traveling, Dark!Harry, second chance / do-over, and more.
- Pairings? I'm a big fan of Harry/Draco and Harry/Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort. I'm also one for the odd pairings, like Blaise/Hermione, Luna/Lord Voldemort, Luna/Draco, Charlie/Tonks, Sirius/Hermione, Remus/Hermione, etc.
- Genre? I like the occasional fluffy romance fic, but also enjoy angst. I like adventure with tons of action, character development, and lyrical prose. Not really one for romance fics that are super dramatic and take themselves too seriously.
- Not a fan of: badly written stories with little plot, tons of author notes (especially when they interject in the middle of the story), issues with spelling and grammar, 'The cast of blah blah blah read all seven Harry Potter books!', and poor characterization. Poems and songfics just make me ask "Why?" and shake my head. A big pet peeve is when people stick Flashback or Blah blah blah's POV in the middle of the story. It's really, really jarring.
- Reviewing: I review often, and especially when a fanfic really moves me. I also sometimes leave constructive criticism, which I would hope all authors would want. If not, well, just let me know - I'll stop. My criticism mainly does not consist of arguing about pairings or plot points, but more about the general tone of the story.
On Of Emerald Eyes:
About 3 pages into the next chapter!
Compulsion, Harry Potter - New fanfic!
The Dursleys quite thoroughly abused young Harry, both verbally and sometimes physically. One day, eight-year-old Harry can't take it anymore. At Mrs. Figg's, Harry happens upon The Daily Prophet, in which there is an article celebrating the day You-Know-Who was vanquished by Harry Potter and mentions the murders of Lily and James Potter by You-Know-Who. Finding out his parents weren't drunks who died in a car crash, for the first time, Harry gets angry, and stands up for himself. Petunia and Vernon are incensed that this child has the nerve to back talk, and Vernon tries to hit him, causing Harry's temper to explode. In a wave of wild, uncontrolled magic, Harry orders the Dursleys to stop their abuse, and to ignore him. Compulsion magic forces the Dursleys to forget that Harry exists. From then on, Dursleys go on with their lives without ever noticing Harry, the room that he lives in and the disappearance of food from the refrigerator. Harry delves into the world of magic unnoticed, and, at the age of 11, arrives at Hogwarts far more magically developed and knowledgeable than anyone could've ever guessed.
Just uploaded chapter 2!