Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
I'm an university student and a major Marauder-era fan and I have been reading/writing fanfiction since 2006. There was a period there when I did nothing and all of the sudden, I guess with all the renewed hype due to the movies, I've come back to writing. Just one day I had the biggest urge to redo an old story which when I reread the original I almost died of utter humiliation. So, I want to give that story justice and here we are with La Douleur Exquise (and never again shall I chose a French title! I can never spell it).
La Douleur Exquise translates to the heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone you can't have. Which is exactly what is happening in the story. It revolves around the Noble Wizarding Families. These are all pureblood families that believe in being proper and maintaining a level of perfection and aristocracy. There's a lot of money involved as well as heritage and tradition. Within the families there are two clear sides. One is for Voldemort to rule and for all mudbloods to be sought out of the Wizarding society. This would preserve the Noble Wizarding families and keep their place in society. This side also believes that all the families should come under the one leader, this being Voldemort, and work as one team/army. The other side is to keep the muggle-borns and treat everyone as equal (but of course still keep their nobility). This side doesn't flaunt their wealth or stature as much as the other. They are happy to keep the families separate and not fight under one leader.
James Potter has been brought up in a prestigous Noble Wizarding family. He has to carry on the family name once he finishes school and lead the 'right' side of a war which is occuring within the Noble Families and out. He will take his father's place as one of the most influential people on his side which makes him threat to the opposing side which favour Voldemort.
Lily Evans' family (which in this story is pure-blood) is on Voldemorts side. This is something that Lily is ashamed of and refuses to accept. Constantly, Lily is pressured into following her family. The question is whether she will give in or deal with the consequences. Lily's parents show no affection towards her and use her for their own best interests. As a result of this Lord Evans, in a bid to get Lily on Voldemorts side permanently, does something that will ruin her life forever.
As with many authors, I suppose, music is a huge influence on almost every scene within the story. So I thought I would write up a little soundtrack for the story using the songs that have the most connection to the story.
1. Runaway - Yeah Yeah Yeah's (Lily in the beginning was written to this song)
2. Something To Believe In - Aqualung
3. And the Boys - Angus & Julia Stone (This is where I got the idea for the "gold falling from the ceiling" in the Hall for the ball.)
4. A Window to the Past - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
5. Your Song - Ellie Goulding (Ben and Mary and a little bit James and Lily (I wish it were more))
6. When Ginny Kissed Harry - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (This has the highest count on my itunes because its on repeat for many JL scenes)
7. Why Does She Have to Die - Finding Neverland Soundtrack (flashback chapter actually goes to all of the Finding Neverland soundtrack)
8. The music from the Atonement trailer/ Elegy for Dunkirk/ Denoument/ With My Own Eyes/ Cottage By The Beach - Atonement Soundtrack (sooo many scenes. With My Own Eyes is Peter all over)
9. The Wolves - Ellie Goulding
10. Hallejuah - Imogen Heap or Jeff Buckley (There is a major scene in Chapter Seven that this goes with.)
11. The Thanks I get - Erik Hassle
12. Skinny Love - Birdy (James and Lily)
13. Down By The Water - The Drums.
14. El Tango De Roxanne - Moulin Rouge (Lily and Snape in ch6 and ch8)
15. Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine (Lily and James)
16. My Love - Sia
17. Godrics Hollow Graveyard - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
18. Obliviate - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
19. Mr Brightside - Alex Johnson and Charlotte O'Connor
20. Reprise - Peter Vronsky (This would be the theme to the whole story)
21. Winter Song - Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson (James and Lily)
22. Skeletons - Yeah Yeah Yeah's (Everyone!)
So I hope you have a read or you already have and that you enjoy the little AU world I have created.