Poll: This is a Life is Strange question. Bae or Bay? Vote Now!
Author has written 43 stories for Bleach, Pokémon, Soul Eater, Wish, Ib, Corpse Party, Maid Sama!, Sherlock, Kamisama Hajimemashita/神様はじめました, Web Shows, Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, Frozen, Life is Strange, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, and Death Note.
Hey, I'm Burns. I'm 17 years old and prefer she/her pronouns. I live in Texas in the US. I am an oxymoron: a very socially anxious romantic. Please disregard my old and atrocious stories.
"A giant figure of an elephant in a giant elephant figure."
Original Published Works
521 Magazine - Exposure
Working on a LiS vampire AU called Of the Night.
Good chance I might finally finish Collar Full... because I'm still closet-Elsanna trash.
Top Favorite Stories List, Sorted by Fandom
The Cat Returns (Studio Ghibli Movie)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
I will go back and edit this section to contain links for the story and author soon!
Thank you for reading this. Thank you, to all my "fans" and every single person who's reviewed, followed, or added my story to their favorites.
Information About Vampires (for the story Of the Night)
(All of this information will slowly be revealed in the main text as the story progresses, but I get that it’s nice to have it all in one place and understand general background info before jumping into a story. That said, if you’d rather learn about vampires as the story goes along, please stop reading.)
The nature of vampirism in Of the Night is mostly traditional, although I’ve taken a few “modern” vampiric traits and tossed them in as well.
- Must be invited inside someone's personal "lair" or living space before they can enter. Each time Max must ask Chloe (or Joyce, or even David) to be allowed inside their home. In the dormitories at Blackwell, she does not need to be invited into the building itself, only someone's personal room. No one's living in the hallways, after all.
- No reflections. Not it mirrors, water, pictures...
- Sunlight is not fatal. In fact, vampires can be in it without too much damage, especially if wearing sunscreen. Really, they just burn really easily (just like a fair-skinned person). However, sunlight is extremely bright to them, and often times borderline blinding.
- They are not dead (or undead). They have a beating heart and their body produces heat.
- Vampires do not require sleep and do not get tired or fatigued unless they've gone without feeding for too long. However, sleep is possible and it does help to feel refreshed. It typically takes them a longer time to fall asleep though (probably about 30 minutes, versus the 7 minute average for humans).
- Very resilient to weather conditions. While they get cold or hot just like any human, it would actually take much, much more to be actually affected. For example, while Max might feel chilly in 40 degree weather, it wouldn't be a serious issue until almost -60 degrees.
- Heightened sense of smell, eyesight, and hearing. Heightened stamina. They can't really run any faster than a human, but could continue running for hours without tiring (unless they haven't fed recently, in which case they will tire like any human). Strength is about the same as a human though.
- Turning happens via venom secreted from their fangs, injected into the bloodstream.
- Venom is only secreted from their fangs if the desire to actually turn is present. Basically meaning, on a normal day, no venom whatsoever is made or present.
- When lustful or turned on, it's actually impossible for their fangs to secrete venom, yet the desire to bite and drink might be stronger. Ergo, biting is not an issue during sex/foreplay/etc.
- Meanwhile, their saliva contains healing properties. It is easy for them to quickly lick someone else’s wound and make the healing process significantly quicker for that person. However, their powers do not work on themselves.
- A vampire cannot drink another vampire's blood (whether it be someone else’s or their own) to gain sustenance. Any other kind of blood works though. Human blood tastes much better and is much more effective versus various sorts of animal blood.
- Only a small amount is needed to sustain themselves; about a cup (8oz) will hold a vampire over for a week or so.
- Can transform into bats. The type/species of bat depends on the vampire's personality.
- Are not immortal, but age significantly slower than humans. The first 20-25 years of life or so age "normally" but from there everything slows down. A vampire that appears to be 40 years old is actually closer to 300.
- Signs of vampirism do not begin to show until puberty.
- Human food: tastes normal/fine after a vampire has recently fed, although it begins to lose its flavor the longer a vampire goes without drinking blood.
- Garlic, like sunlight, is just unpleasant. The odor, taste, everything about it is gross to them. It’s not lethal.
- Holy water doesn’t hurt them.
- The only way to kill a vampire is driving something through their heart. (Not necessarily a wooden stake, but that works too.) Any other injuries aren’t/can’t be fatal, although that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt like hell.
- They generally heal much faster than humans, although like food (and its taste), the longer they’ve gone without feeding, the slower the process is.
- Telepathy is an ability that most vampires possess, but haven't been able to master or effectively use, due to the fact that it's only available between those they have a close bond with.
- Fangs involuntarily come out when showing hostility or a threat is present.
- Can blend into the shadows, and sometimes make themselves completely invisible. This is a power that must be honed and worked on to be successful.