Poll: Who are your five favorite main characters in Atlas? Up to five choices. Vote Now!
Author has written 6 stories for Naruto, Fate/stay night, and Warhammer.
Likes in fiction: antiheroes, complex villains, believable adventures, realism...
Dislikes in fiction: Mary Sues, too much focus on some characters when it's detrimental to the others, deus ex machina...
Hobbies: reading and writing. Why do you think I have joined this site? Also, chess and photography.
Favorite works of fiction: everything from George Orwell (especially 1984), Brave New World, A Song Of Ice and Fire, Naruto, Avatar: the Last Airbender and its sequel, the Dragon Age saga (heck, everything from Bioware), Bioshock, and many more.
of the story.
My first fanfiction, and one based on the Naruto universe.
Based on the idea of a multiverse where multiple alternate Narutos coexist and meet for many adventures.
The secondary goal of this story, beside showing alternate versions of the canon characters interact, is to fill the plot holes left in canon. Why Naruto never asked anything about his parents, how did the Uzumaki and the Senju clans end up extinct...
The third goal is to present an effective deconstruction (aka apply real life consequences or points out the flaws writers overlook) of different Naruto cliches/premises you see in fanfiction, from Evil!Naruto (a tragic, miserable character whose suffering however does not excuse his behavior, simply explain it) to Cloud!Naruto (whose defection caused an international incident). Here, genin level people are outmatched by old ninjas, and can only win with a lot of preparation, teamwork and determination.
Blame the Cookies:
A humorous parody of supervillains co-authored by Slayer End. On indefinite hiatus due to lack of synchronization between us and horrible schedules. Dead.
What it Takes to Win:
My try on a Fate/Stay Night fanfiction. Basically deals with a far bigger Fifth War with 49 Servants and a lot more problems. It also contains a lot more humor than my first story and is supposed to add hidden depths to underused characters and Servants. That, and have awesome battles. Will probably mock the 'secret war' premise, with the battle for Holy Grail becoming public. Undiluted fanservice for the fandom.
The story's pairings will be a love triangle between Shirou, Saber and the EXTRA!Caster, which resolution isn't set in stone. For other pairings, it will include Rin/Archer, either Shiki/Satsuki or Shiki/Arcueid, and probably some strange pairings like Aoko Aozaki/Shakespeare (you read that right).
On hiatus due to Writer's Block.
My second 'true' Naruto fic. It would as such would avoid many of the mistakes I did during Echoes' run in term of narrative. The premise would 'what if Naruto was a badass normal', and deal with the depths of the Shinobi World and its secret wars, along with Naruto's quest to become the strongest ninja alive in spite of having no awesome jutsu, only a brain and guts.
An attempt at making a funny yet epic story on both Warhammer 40K and Fate/Stay Night. More or less what happens when extremely overpowered character are tasked to battle to the death in the middle of the city... while working on a different logic than our own.
On Echoes' characters:
Nearly all the Naruto are basically a 'take that' to usual character types found in fanfictions:
Kazama/Anti-hero Naruto: basically what happens when there are consequences to being an anti-hero. This Naruto starts good and slowly grows more and more malevolent over the course of the story. That, and his 'chosen one' destiny means his achievements are worthless, which takes a toll on his sanity. Also, a' take that' to 'Naruto gains godly skills' stories in that the offered power may have a cost.
Naruko/Female Naruto: a 'take that' to pure, awesome Naruto with 'talk no jutsu' charisma. The Kyuubi's powers to sense emotions are doing half the work.
Chibaku/Puppeteer Naruto: a Naruto trained by a borderline sociopath like Sasori is NOT going to grow well-adjusted.
Kitsune/half demon Naruto: asking an evil Kyuubi for awesome powers, and having it agree, is a REALLY BAD idea.
N/Cloud Naruto: leaving his village for Cloud resulted in upsetting the power balance and causing a lot of problems.
Five/Evil Naruto: lashing out at anyone in revenge is not a cool thing. And his bad actions outweigh his excuse.
Alpha/Well meaning extremist Naruto: Naruto trying to bring a Utopia. The sacrifices needed may not make the resulting Utopia worth it. And considering oneself a messiah may be the sign of extreme narcissism.
Other characters from Echoes:
Amaterasu/Warrior Madara plays with the 'live for fighting' and 'honorable enemy' ideas, in that his achievements didn't give him anything of lasting worth, his honor didn't prevent him from being cruel, and his self imposed limitations caused his demise.
The different villains destroy the cliche of 'older villains are defeated by younger heroes': they have more of experience, wisdom, and power than a bunch of Genin. Of course the heroes are heavily outmatched at first and only close the gap through sheer efforts, strategy, and pain.
Why writing romance in the Naruto-verse is hard:
After starting to write romances in my Naruto fics, Atlas and Echoes, I realized why I was struggling with them: the Naruto world is not a nice place where to live in. It is a world where life has little value, where death on the field can happen anytime, and where everyone is psychologically damaged to an incredible degree due to exposure to warfare or traumatic childhood.
Hell, most adult women we have seen in the manga are single because, as we have seen with Tsunade, Yugao, and Kurenai, they have outlived their boyfriend.
A relationship is already a complicated thing where people are relatively well-adjusted. Now imagine what it takes to write a realistic relationship between people who are aware one of them might die anytime and have problems themselves. Most of our relationships in real life are more stable.
When you start seeing things this way, writing romance in a Naruto fic becomes very difficult.
You can make one-shots or epic stories, it's up to you.
Okay, my first one. Inspired by the comic Irredeemable, Fallout and Final Fantasy VI.
Basically, post-timeskip, the world has gone to hell. A powerful and terrifying tyrant is ruling over the devastated continent, through fear and brutality. Konoha has fallen before him, and its former inhabitants are hunted down by the villain's forces, if not by the Tyrant himself. Other countries are barely better, having been destroyed, taken over, or on the verge of collapse. It is clear that the world is slowly dying and that its evil ruler must be defeated at all costs.
The problem? The Tyrant's real name is Naruto Uzumaki, and he is not going down without a fight.
1) The main antagonist must be Naruto. There is no mind-control involved, no man behind him, no manipulation. Our favorite blonde is the equivalent of Sauron, Palpatine, or Ganondorf: the ultimate evil that slowly destroys the world, the one that absolutely must be vanquished. His motivations, plans, and the events surrounding his descent into evil depend on you.
2) Konoha must have been destroyed. Wiped out of the map. Reduced to ashes. Some named characters must be dead, and some may have deserted to Naruto's side. Who? You decide.
3) At one point, Naruto has been a ninja of Konoha. All his former friends and mentors still do not understand what happened to him, and have a hard time associating the old goofy boy with the hardened monster he has become.
4) Things went to hell at the time of the Chuunin Exams, the final tournament being Konoha's final day. Naruto must have had allies, and did not destroy his hometown alone. Konoha's destruction must have been premeditated. Everyone can be his allies. Gaara, Otogakure, Iwa, Kumogakure, Akatsuki… he wasn't, and still isn't, alone.
5) The story's protagonists must be from Konoha, especially the Konoha 12 and Team 7. They have scattered all around the continent, and all want to take down Naruto before he can do any more damage. They gave some insight to the life in 'Naruto's Hellhole'.
6) Like all villains, Naruto must have an army, a lair, a second-in-command and an evil plot. The identity of his henchmen and the location of his base depend on you.
7) The world is a hellhole (hence the title).
8) The pairings are yours to decide. However, I would prefer (though it's not necessary) that Naruto isn't paired with anyone. It is to show that he has decayed the point where he cannot even love someone else, at least romantically.
9) No bashing.
10) I would like to be informed if you take this challenge. Send me a PM. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Naruto as Badass Normal
More or less a Naruto being a normal individual in the ninja world... and yet being just as dangerous as people like Orochimaru and Sasori. How? The Batman way: he has plans. He has guts. He has gadgets.
There are three rules:
1) Naruto can't use any jutsu (although I can tolerate the Summoning Technique, if loopholes are found), although he can have seals applied to him. The point is that he solves problems with his brain, weaponry, and planning... no superpower, except the Kyuubi or perhaps the Curse Seal (but he mustn't rely on them).
2) Naruto must be smart.
3) no bashing.
Otherwise, you are free to choose the pairings, storyline, whatever.
Possible Future projects:
- Ripples: a Spin-off of Echoes. The two main characters would probably be Naruto and Menma from the Road of Ninja movie.
- A Warhammer/Naruto crossover: a humorous story where Naruto and Team 7 turns into worshipers of the Chaos Gods. Wacky moments follow.
- the Hunt: a horror story based on the Slenderman Mythos. Tobi will never make you laugh again.
Unsafe External Link