Author has written 35 stories for Silmarillion, Lord of the Rings, Adventures of Tintin, Hobbit, and Harry Potter.
Hi, I'm Galad Estel! Here are some things helpful to know about me.
1. Tolkien is my one truly consuming passion. I love The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion. I also love digging through Tolkien’s old drafts and puzzling over the slightest wordings.
2. Other things I'm crazy about: Sherlock Holmes (stories and novels). BBC's Sherlock, Star Trek: The Original Series, and Harry Potter.
3. I also like the Hunger Games.
4. I often find myself conversing with the characters in my head, interacting with them in dreams, becoming them in dreams, drawing them, and, of course, writing about them.
5. My imagination can sometimes run away with me.
6. I like exploring characters in different ways, which can mean a character I have in one story might act slightly different in another story (especially if it's a story where the characters can be interpreted in different ways, such as The Silmarillion).
7. I love really good Horror and Angst fanfics.
8. I have a sister named Mornen, who's also a writer here. She's amazing.
9. I support AU's. They help not having to hear the exact story over.
10. I'm a Tolkien purist (though I may lay aside canon sometimes to play with an idea. Usually though, I like playing within the lines.)
11. I have a love/hate relationship with PJ's Lord of the Rings movies. Some thing I really love about it. The music, the scenary, the beautiful building designs but some of the changes still make cringe.
12. I have a mostly hate relationship with PJ's Hobbit movies. (Love it's Bilbo though). It's a good thing I can laugh at it, otherwise I might cry.
The Lord of the Rings:
Almost all of them, but especially and not in any specific order:
The Hobbits (Bilbo, Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin)
10 Sure Ways to Drive People Out of their Minds *
1. When you go to see the play Waiting for Godot,get up halfway through the it and walk onto stage carrying two suitcases, stare at the two patient tramps, and say in your most confident, perky voice: “Hello, I am Godot.”
2. When someone proposes to you, stare hypnotized at the ring, then reach a quavering hand out towards it, and break into your best Galadriel: “And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In the place of a Dark Lord you will set up a Queen…” etc., and don’t forget “All will love me and despair!”
3. If you are ever asked to be someone’s ring bearer at a marriage, dress up as Frodo.
4. When you think someone is acting immature, become Gandalf and soundly lecture him or her with plenty of “Fool of” whatever-their-last-name-happens-to-be put in.
5. Put life sized cardboard cut out black riders all around your house just before guests come.
6. Demand that everyone at school and/or work call you by your Elvish name.
7. When you are in a crowded elevator, start sobbing and tell your fellow passengers that you are the last Elf, and explain exactly how lonely you are because no one can understand you.
8. Pretend you are talking to an invisible Frodo at every opportunity you can get. Tell him not to be so shy, things like that.
9. In the early morning, stand on the top of a slide at a campground and sing, “Everybody’s Got a Water Buffalo” at the top of your lungs.
10. Write letters to your neighbors from characters in books and stick them in their mailboxes early in the morning before they wake up.
Note: Each participant is responsible for him/herself. I am in no way accountable for his/her actions.
Unsafe External Link