Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
Hi, my name is Eric. I'm 22 years old, I'm gay, and I'm an English major.
My Pet Peeves for Harry Potter fanfiction
2. Voldemort or Tom Riddle acting like a damn Hufflepuff. When did he become some super-caring being? He's a freakin' Dark Lord - make him act like one! He's supposed to be the smartest person to ever set foot inside Hogwarts. He is not stupid so don't make him stupid. He is also supposed to be a bad-ass, not a pussy. MAKE HIM ACT LIKE ONE!
3. Duels that consist of nothing but trading spells back and forth where they are written as such... "Stupefy! Expelliarmus! Incarcerous! Impedimenta!" and it just goes on and on for paragraphs. Do people not remember the two major duels that took place in the Harry Potter books? Dumbledore vs. Voldemort and McGonagall vs. Snape. In the two major duels I don't remember any spell actually being cast between them except for the killing curse on Voldemort's part and the first curse that Dumbledore threw at Voldemort that caused him to raise the silver shield. Everything else was charm work and transfiguration. If you write a duel where powerful experienced wizards and witches duel like I've written above I will stop reading immediately.
4. A Harry with absolutely no backbone... HARRY IS HIS OWN PERSON - MAKE HIM ACT LIKE IT. He is not some weak minded being that caves into whatever someone else tells him no matter what it is; he is the equal to Voldemort. Do we not remember him completely ignoring Ron & Hermione all throughout Half-Blood Prince when he sticks with his story about Malfoy being a Death Eater? What about in Deathly Hallows when he is researching the Hallows and the others are telling him it's just impossible for them to exist. He knows he is right and he ignores the others. HARRY SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAND UP FOR HIMSELF. He shouldn't back down just because someone (mostly Hermione Granger and Molly Weasley in my opinion) tell him to.
5. People only using spells written in the Harry Potter books in their stories. This may not sound like anything bad but do people really think that using a first year "Alohamora" will unlock some ancient, hidden door or some passageway locked by Voldemort himself or some other extremely powerful wizard? NO!
6. Harry becoming super powerful and then all of a sudden everyone else around him becomes just as powerful. HARRY IS SPECIAL FOR A REASON. Just because he gets powerful and strong does not mean that everyone he teaches will as well. Even when he taught the D.A. in Order of the Phoenix he still remained the strongest and most experienced person in the group. The rest of the students didn't match him at all. Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore should be the only two people who can individually stand up to Voldemort in a duel - not Ginny Weasley or Hermione Granger. Just the thought of that actually happening destroys a few of my brain cells.
7. Using "Protego" to block every single spell. Protego is the most basic shield charm and should only work against the most basic spells. If I ever read Dumbledore or Voldemort casting Protego in a duel I'm going to just close your story and delete it from my brain.
I'm sure I'd think of plenty more if I actually tried. These are just things off the top of my head.