Poll: Would you read this fic? 'When the Red Room pulls Captain America from the ice, the Black Widow is forced to make the biggest decision of her life. Joined by a boy who fell from the sky, his eyes green and his memory blank, the soldier and the spy get a shot at being what Steve always said they could be: heroes. (Very AU, Child!amnesiac!Loki, slow-build Steve/Natasha, family-feels.)' Title: Secondhand Heroes. Vote Now!
Author has written 36 stories for Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Silmarillion, Inheritance Cycle, Star Wars, Thor, Avengers, Chronicles of Narnia, Hobbit, and Hunger Games.
When you die, you will meet God.
Eternity is coming.
Think about it.
Hello, we're The Wayfaring Strangers. And there are two of us, not some creep who decided to talk in the plural. I'm DarthMihi, and my twin sis is RandomCelt.
Hi, I guess...I'm RandomCelt, an artist, a dreamer, a un-repentant Maedhros fangirl, and last but NEVER least, a Tolkien obsessant. I love the Silmarillion, and tend to read and write a lot of Silm fanfic. Recently, I have fallen in love the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Steve Rogers/Captain America and Maglor Feanorian are my current muses. I love my favorite universes and characters with a passion and I love discussing them with other fans, especially since I don't know any in real life, other than Mihi. If you want to talk Avengers or Silm with a fellow nerd, don't hesitate to PM me! I'm on dA here:
In case you want to know about me (and you probably don't - but maybe I have a stalker or two who do), I will tell you that I am the kind of person who will stop paying attention to her surroundings at any given moment and stare off into a world of dreams, blithely ignoring the sink of dishes in front of her until someone brings her back to the here and now. Draw your own conclusions.
My fave fics- Mornen's wonderful (and complete!) modern LoTR AU series, as well as her poem Broken, CrackinAndProudOfIt's hilarious The Envelope, and LCAAS's beautiful They Cannot Conquer Forever. Also, Le Chat Noire's breathtaking Trickling Sands and Araloth the Random's hysterical The FanFiction Testament. Please note that this list is far from exclusive, containing only a few fanfics that come readily to my mind.
Mornen made afor my poem, Swifter Than The Day. Thanks so much, Mornen. :)
I'm DarthMihi. I sing...always. Usually alternating between two radically different songs to the detriment of all... I'm the one who writes most of the prose on here, also I'm the one who will probably write back to your PMs... I' m pretty opinionated for my age. But we both are... Being a twin is singularly awesome. It's also something you can't understand unless you've been one. So please, don't go writing about those identical twins who can read each others mind and whatever. Not true... I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl...sort of. I mean, he's kinda my muse but I don't luuuvvv him...At our house, we use LOTR, SW, MCU, and what-ever quotes to convey every need and emotion.
, by Celt.
This is bunny.
Copy the bunny to your profile to help him achieve world domination, and
Fave fics: Shadows of the Future, by Stormqueen783; Fire and Ice, by Yesac; and Misunderstood, and it's sequel, Exile, by QuillofMolliemon; You found Me, by KnickerbockerFY, Blessed by Oblivion, by KaiMaciel, No such Liberty, by X-parrot, The shadow and the gold, by CrackinAndProudOfIt. This is the best Loki fic I've ever seen! Go read it! The Poor thing only has 3 reviews, but it deserves 30... at least.
We started beta-ing all of Archiril's fics; they're really great.
We are Christians, not Catholics. We chose to put this in our profile because it is the founding creed of our faith. It was made before there were Catholics.
The Apostle's Creed:
I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord.
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost.
I believe in the holy catholic church (catholic means united), the communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
And the life everlasting. Amen.
Here's the part where we tell you what we think about all and sundry. And what we believe, because your beliefs make up your identity.
• TRUTH IS ABSOLUTE. None of this 'Well, it can be true for you, but not for me...' There is no way something can be false and true at the same time. Period. If you think something can be, it has radical implications, so watch out.
• We believe that homosexuality is wrong. We do not hate homosexual persons, but hate the sexual act that homosexuals perform because we believe that it is morally wrong (in the same way, we do not hate adulterers but hate the act of adultery). We believe that homosexuality is a sin, causes harm to others and society in general, and it causes harm to ones self, body and soul. We believe God defines marriage in the Bible between one man, and one woman. We know that we will offend many people with our views on this, but we believe that silence on this issue is a form of acceptance or cowardice. We will never accept homosexual relationships and behavior, no matter what the majority, the government or the world says, because we must obey God rather than man.
[Feel free to copy and past this onto your profile if you agree with us. (From My blue rose' profile.)]
• On Political correctness: What is it, exactly? Why is there a distinction between 'correct', and 'politically correct'? The answer that we have come to is slightly disturbing, but logically so. Political correctness, as near as we can tell, is the suppression of your opponents' right to free speech. For something to be 'politically incorrect' makes it uncool, and undesirable. So they use humans' desire to fit in against them, by making 'uncool' to say certain things, and have certain opinions. This is the precursor to using a stronger form of fear, or a greater incentive. Why should it matter whether something is 'politically correct'? Should it not be enough that it is correct? Who cares whether it's ' nice' as long as it's true! Since 'the truth hurts', it would appear that people no longer find it 'cool', so they bury their heads in the sand and hide from it. If they even know what 'truth' is... Why all this fuss about offending people? We don't think that's what it's really about.
• Stereo-types. Ugh. If you're so against being stereo-typed, and you think you aren't stereo-typed, then you have to prove it. You shouldn't have to tell us, it should be obvious.
• Life starts at the moment of conception and that abortion is therefore immoral.
[Taken from ObiWanlivesforever's profile]
• We support gun rights. Our family owns guns and knows how to shoot them. The majority of people in the world aren't psychopathic killers, and it would behoove them to have a gun in order to stop such psychopaths, should the need arise. And if the government outlaws guns, then the outlaws will still find a way to get the them, but people like me won't be able to defend themselves. We see a lot of ani-gun profile statements, but none supporting gun rights...hence the above. And about shcool shootings...
'Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in our schools?' Signed, a concerned student.
'I'm not allowed in your schools.' -God
• We're proud Americans...but in all seriousness, my fellow countrymen, pray. Our nation is collapsing for lack of God.
• Fracking is good. If you don't know what fracking is, look it up... No wait, I'll tell you, it's drilling for natural gas. It's not evil and it's not gonna cause the end of the world...
[If you have any questions about all that stuff, feel free to ask. There's really not room for all the 'why?' behind it. I'm not looking for arguments, but if you're curious...]
Our favorite characters live in an old and rickety apartment building labeled 'The Wayfaring Strangers' Muses,' and this is the order in which they arrived:
Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, Merry and Pippin, followed by Thorin, Fili, Kili, and Bilbo, moved in first and refuse to leave. They don't make trouble often, but when they do... let's just say that Celt can't write anything else first. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, and Chancellor Palpatine came next, all the way from the Galaxy Far, Far Away, and though they don't often claim our attention any more, we can't bring ourselves to evict them.
Maedhros and Maglor and Beleg and Turin showed up on the doorstep one cold day, and they looked so noble and sad and fair and desperate that Celt turned into a poodle of goo on the floor and they walked right past. They were soon followed by most the characters in the Silmarillion. A few months later, Loki, Thor, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanov let themselves in -without being asked- and presided to take up most of our time and attention.
Dr. John Watson, Molly Hooper, James Moriarty, DI Lestrade, Mary Morstan, and Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes have taken up residence on the top floor. We suspect they may have gotten there by climbing in the window. Our most recent arrivals, the entire Wingfeather family - of Andrew Peterson's brilliant but little-known Wingfeather Saga - have only been here for a few weeks, but they run up and down the stairs and demand our attention.
(No, really, we are sane. We promise.)
We're not too keen on shipping, but as far as pairings go --
From Star Wars - Obitine, Siriwan, Sabewan, and, on occasion, Sajjawan, and Anadala.
From the Marvel Cinematic 'verse - Steve/Natasha, and Loki/Sigyn, if she's written correctly.
•Don't get us started on Mary-Sues, Slash, Twilight, or Hiddleston! and/or Cumberbatch!fangirls. •
•Some of our favorite sayings, both wise and ...not so wise.•
The test of generosity is not how much you give, but how much you have left...
A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice.
Lost time is never found again.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
He who throws mud loses ground.
Swallowing pride seldom leads to indigestion.
The Ten Commandments is not a multiple choice question.
There is no right way to do a wrong thing.
If an adviser says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?" I will reply "This," and kill the adviser. Evil Overlord List ;)
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, and dark side, and holds the universe together.
"When the darkness crowds beyond the door, and the logs on the hearth burn clear red and fall in upon them, making caverns and ships and swords and dragons and strange faces in the heart of the fire, that is the time for story telling." -The Road to Camlann, Rosemary Sutcliff
We hope that our stories will make you laugh - and maybe cry - but most of all, we want to stir your imagination and make you think.
Unsafe External Link