Author has written 19 stories for Inheritance Cycle, Labyrinth, Elder Scroll series, and Harry Potter.
By the time you finish this, one of us will be certifiably insane, or at least, a touch disturbed.
Maybe I'll come visit you, groaning away in your padded cell and straight-jacket. More likely, you'll delicately avoid my own.
Leastways, you've got to be a little odd to be trawling the depths of fanfiction, haven't you? Not that I'm casting aspersions on us wonderful, budding writers.
Moving swiftly on...
If you are an Inheritance fan, then "Atra esterni ono thelduin, reader."
If you aren't, then, "HI! My name is Unique- at the moment- and I will be your tour guide for however long it takes you to read this!"
I am not funny. I am not. I am pathetic...siriusly. Honestly. Why am I doing this? This is a desperate day, today. You know those desperate days when you wake up and have this horrific, sinking sensation in your gut- Oh Merlin, Today Is A Bad Day. Yes. Well.
I'm assuming you're reading my profile because you've read one of my stories (in which case, I am deeply sorry for you and include cyber-cookies) or I have reviewed and you are wondering who this strange person that has popped up in your review box is.
So let's nail a few basic facts.
I'm a betareader, very experienced with the site, blahblahblah interesting stuff blahblahblah. I'm always willing to help someone out, but please, no Westerns. (shudder)
Favorite animal, is a dragon. Dragons do exist, unbelievers! They're in hiding, from egg-breakers like Galbatorix or meanie unbelievers! I freely admit to being a dragon-cultist, by the way. ;) Second favorite, maybe wolf? And no, I'm not saying that because of 'Ill Bit By Moonlight'. Whenever I take personality what-is-your-animal quizzes (because that's how much interesting stuff goes on in my life) that's what pops up the most.
I'm considered a gothic person by everyone that knows me, apart from myself. I don't think I'm gothic...I like goths. One of my best friends is one. I can be sometimes, but can't we all?
Favorite colours? Shall I go for house pride and say green and silver? No, I'll stick with my black, purple and very dark wine red.
I don't have a specific fandom, I write everything everywhere, but unfortunately, when I was younger and stupider I tended to delete all the stories I disliked. Which is why there is only one Inheritance story on my list, and not the five to ten there originally was, like the Balance Trilogy, Truth, Dare or Ticklechair (coincidentally my first story), and a few others.
I am very serious about writing. I really enjoy it and I do not think that any writing is generally bad. I dislike short stories- I tend to waffle in my stories and I dislike being restricted. I would say I don't think it's possible to write bad writing, only that sometimes it may not come out as you wanted it to, but then I read My Immortal by Tara Gillesbie or the other one I can't presently recall the title of by RayneTara. Terrible. Truly. Just...don't try. Just don't. Save yourself the brain cells. Cell genocide (cellocide?) is wrong.
I can be a tad...odd. But, so can we all, so, let's leave that be.
My personal favorite quote is, "Don't forget your dreams, for if your dreams die, your life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." Not only is it poetic- it also is sensible and has a smart meaning.
Some Common Words That Are Helpful When Trying To Read FanFiction (for those of us not yet fluent in FanFictionese)
1. Canon- From the book, of the book, completely in line with the facts stated in the book/movie. Often pairings. (Example: AryaxEragon/ JarethxSarah/ ConorxElvira / GinnyxHarry)
2. Non-canon- When it is not from the book. (Example: IslanzadixMurtagh/ SarahxHoggle/ PatrikxSapphire / DracoxHermione)
3. Slash- Guy with guy stories. (Example: EragonxMurtagh/TobyxJareth/ConorxFaro/ DracoxHarry)
4. Femeslash- Girl with girl stories. (Example: AryaxNasuada/KarenxSarah/SapphirexRainbow/ HermionexBellatrix)
5. Smut- M stuff, particularly what Fanfiction.net so tastefully refers to as 'Adult themes'.
6. Lemon- Really M stuff. Even worse than smut.
7. Flames- Mean reviews. When you trash a fic.
8. OC- Original Character. When you make up your own character, i.e. not a canon character.
9. OOC- Out Of Character- When a canon character is not accurate. (Example: When Galbaorix starts singing She's a Maneater running around in a pink dress/When Jareth decides to get a life and stop obsessing over Sarah/When Faro decides he's going to cut off his tail and become a gardener for Granny Carne/ When Voldemort decides he's going to set up an enviromental concern group. He just can't stand seeing those bunnies mistreated.)
10. AU- Alternate Universe- When the story is set in a different universe than that the author has created.
11. Fluff- Sweet romantic moments. No action/adventure or anything.
12. OTP- One True Pairing. This means that it's the one pairing you enjoy and stand by. (AryaxEragon/ JarethxSarah/ FaroxSapphire/ I haven't a clue for my personal Potter favorite)
13. Ship- A pairing/couple. Comes from relationship.
14. One-shot; Two-shot; Three-shot- One chapter, two chapters, three chapters. One-shot is the most common of these.
15. Songfic- A fic including, or based upon, a song.
16. Mary Sue- A character (usually OC) that is favored by the author and pretty much perfect (and thus completely unbelievable) in every way. The sort of character that gets on your nerves by their very existence. (I.E, Arya, Enoby) Closely related to this is a...
17. Gary Stu- the less common male counterpart of a Mary Sue. Has all the same characteristics, but is male. (*cough cough* FanJareth *cough * cough*)
18. A/N- (Or A.N. or AN or any other variation on this theme.) Author's Note. Self-explanatory.
19. AH- All Human. All characters are human. This is not commonly seen. (yeah, just not fun if one of them doesn't have a secret penchant for munching on people)
20. POV- Point of View.
21. R&R- Read and review!
22. Lime- Like Lemon, but not as bad.
23. Drabble- A fic that is from 50-500 words in length. Technically a fic that is under 100 words but that is quite rare.
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual labels on consumer goods:
On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. ( that's the only time I have to work on my hair).
I do have to say thank you to Fanfiction as a whole, for all of you readers, reviewers, even just the site itself for being there. Since I started writing on FF my confidence has improved drastically.
Thanks guys (and girls)
Unique.F (You ever want to find out what the 'F' stands for, be brave enough to ask. You're not getting the information for free out of me. ;).)
Unsafe External Link