Author has written 3 stories for Harry Potter.
Hello to the types of people who check out fanfiction writers' profiles! And to those of you who ended up here by mistake. You should read the rest of this, just for funsies, either way :)
My name is blue.but.harmless. Well, not in real life. People don't come up to me on the street and say, "Hey, blue.but.harmless! How yoo doin'?" Nevertheless, for the purposes of this site, that is my name.
I'm here because I love reading. I read a lot (not alot; the alots don't need to know that I read - shoutout to Hyperbole and a Half, and anyone who reads it!). Probably an excessive amount. Both past and present tense (what? they're spelled the same way!) This voracious reading had certain predictable effects on me - it's addictive for one, it made my spelling fairly good, and it had an interesting impact on my brain. Specifically, my brain woke up one day with a wild SENTENCE running amok in it. The SENTENCE came from somewhere in the scary recesses of my grey matter (or white matter, I really wouldn't know), and it sounded cool.
It really wanted to be written down.
So I wrote it. That was that. I've been writing ever since. I enjoy writing the same way as I enjoy reading; it's my escape. I write a lot of random stuff: my thoughts, feelings, personal philosophy, anecdotes, letters, and - very, very occasionally - stories.
Most of my stories are completely my own, and will probably never see the light of day (What's funny is that that's actually a fairly accurate statement, since I do the vast majority of my writing after sunset. Ba-dum CHA! My apologies for the bad joke and the digression.). Anyways, since I've never really written fiction for other people before, I decided to give it a whirl, and see what people think.
Enough of this serious stuff. Here are some fun facts about me and my world:
1) My profession has absolutely NOTHING to do with writing. Well, I mean, I'm pretty sure literacy was a prerequisite, but aside from that - no writing.
2) I am an insomniac.
3) I am old enough to remember life sans internet, but young enough that I'd probably spontaneously combust without it.
4) My favorite color is not, actually, blue.
5) I might be the worst baseball player in the history of ever.
6) I binge-read and stress-bake.
7) I would rather have a tonsillectomy than eat a tomato.
8) I love talking about really wacky and random things, and I'm a repository for useless information.
9) I've read and liked so many books that I often remember better which books I didn't like, simply because those experiences are rare. And awful, and horrible, and traumatic. Like reading The Awakening. Ew.
10) I know what the word "bilateral" means, how to spell it, it's language of origin, and I can use it in a sentence.
Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom of the page. You're the best!