Author has written 15 stories for Transformers, Aliens/Predator, Eyeshield 21, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Fallout, Transformers/Beast Wars, and Mass Effect.
- my AO3 account
Fanfiction Pet Peeves:
- Preaching your religious or political views/agendas through characters, as well as making it appear that your views are the correct ones. It's disrespectful and unnecessary and no one rightly fucking cares. It's just a blatant attempt at spreading propaganda and intolerance, and I will immediately close out of the story. (Depending how much I'm agitated, I may leave a reprimanding review.)
- Using pregnancy and/or marriage as the main plot device for pairings. It perpetrates this ignorance that one doesn't truly know happiness or is capable of living a full, healthy life without the experience of marriage and/or child rearing. It also pushes this destructive belief that there is always a happy/simple ending to these trials.
- Making evil/sadistic antagonists and hardened/emotionally-reserved protagonists say "I love you", especially if there is not build-up. Once again, it perpetrates this ignorance that saying "I love you" is the only way to truly show the sentiment. There are so many ways to express love that would accurately fit the personality/characteristics of these characters. You do not need the words "I love you" to do it because it will always come off the same: cheap, lazy, and easy.
- Bad sex. No matter how great the story is for me, you will ruin it if you write horrible sex. Take my advice and use only these words to describe key areas:
- The word "anyways". Oh, my God, people. "Anyways" is not a real word. It is the corruption of "anyway" and is atrociously grammatically incorrect. Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using it. It makes me cringe and cry whenever I see it. It screams immaturity for any character who says it.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||The Sky Infinity|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|