Author has written 5 stories for Transformers/Beast Wars, Ironman, Danny Phantom, Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, and Magic: The Gathering.
Okay first things first. the all incompasing disclaimer I clicked the button that said I don't want money and all characters belong to their original creators, so nya!
One fundamental flaw with traditional paper novels is that always know exactly how close you are to the end of the book, simply by virtue of there being few pages left. In that sense, it was refreshing to write in a medium such as this, because the end could be a surprise
The DICE Method: How Not to Get Your Review Reported
There are many ways to write a review. Sadly, more of them are bad than good. No one benefits from a bad review, nor does anyone enjoy fighting over whether a review is constructive or destructive. As such, I will hence forth be judging all reported reviews (and reviews in general) by the following criteria which I will call the DICE method.
Ultimately, remember that the point of a review is to help the author and encourage him or her to improve their skills. If you write your review in the DICE way, it almost assures that the author won't listen to you, and if the author doesn't listen to you, then there's no point to writing the review.
1.1 Writing your story
So you have an awesome story idea? And you already wrote it? The only thing left is to post it? So go ah-WAIT A FUCKING MOMMENT! There is one last thing that can improve whatever you wrote. That thing is. Proof-reading.
is the process of reading the material before releasing to the public. Ether by you, the writer reads the whole text again, or ask a very honest friend to do it for you. No matter how good you are, you WILL notice errors, typos, small mishaps that’s needs to be fixed. If a friend of yours do it he will even notice more of these due to he reads it the first time, and not having an idea already in his head.
So its always a good idea to ask someone to proof read your story before you make it public.
1.2 Posting a.k.a. Making Your Story Public
your work will be criticized
Tsunami of MOAR
Are you ready for these? Good! Now upload your fanfic.
Some Common Terms you may come across on Fanfiction.net, for those of us not fluent in Fanfictionese yet.
1. Canon- From the book, of the book, completely in line with the facts stated in the book. Often pairings. (Example: Ron/Hermione)
2. Non-canon- When it is not from the book. (Example: Draco/Hermione)
3. Slash- Guy with guy stories. (Example: Draco/Harry)
4. Femeslash- Girl with girl stories. (Example: Hermione/Ginny)
5. Smut- M stuff, particularly what Fanfiction.net so tastefully refers to as 'Adult themes'.
6. Lemon- Really M stuff. Even worse than smut.
7. Flames- Mean reviews. When you trash a fic.
8. OC- Original Character. When you make up your own character, i.e. not a canon character.
9. OOC- Out Of Character- When a canon character is not accurate. (Example: When Draco runs around singing "Nobody's Perfect" and hands out unicorn stickers to first graders.)
10. AU- Alternate Universe- When the story is set in a different universe than that the author has created.
11. Fluff- Sweet romantic moments. No action/adventure or anything.
12. OTP- One True Pairing. This means that it's the one pairing you enjoy and stand by.
13. Ship- A pairing/couple. Comes from relationship.
14. One-shot; Two-shot; Three-shot- One chapter, two chapters, three chapters. One-shot is the most common of these.
15. Songfic- A fic including, or based upon, a song.
16. Mary Sue- A character (usually OC) that is favored by the author and pretty much perfect (and thus completely unbelievable) in every way. The sort of character that gets on your nerves by their very existence. Closely realted to this is a...
17. Gary Stu- the less common male counterpart of a Mary Sue. Has all the same characteristics, but is male.
18. A/N- (Or A.N. or AN or any other variation on this theme.) Author's Note. Self-explanatory.
19. AH- All Human. All characters are human. This is not commonly seen.
20. POV- Point of View.
21. R&R- Read and review!
22. Lime- Like Lemon, but not as bad.
23. Drabble- A fic that is from 50-500 words in length. Technically a fic that is under 100 words but that is quite rare.
DANNY PHANTOM RANT!
Phantom planet sucked. so they didn't renew for another season, or he just wanted to give up on D.P. the last episode could have been much better. primarily the whole reveal your identity to the whole world, just please! second tucker the mayor? No just no thare are laws about that. thirdly how much metal was used to create those big wire things? please not going to happen!
True I like the reveal to the parents idea and the final defeat of plasmious but better story geez! Okay rant over on to..
bio:An adventure seeker who got the shock of her life the first time she saw a transformer. Now shee's out to find the truth.
The Shard of Primus
race:shard of the allspark from one of the myrid dementions
age:OLD VERY OLD
bio:broken off from a larger piece during an unstable space bridge opening the shard got stuck betwine dementions. With the majarity of it's knowledge and experiance left behind it can only catch glimpses into other dimentions to relearn what it's lost. Since the space bridge is stuck and is unstable it keeps arcing from demention to demention like a demented slinkey. Never connected to any one world for more than four and a half seconds, and never to any specific two worlds for more than two and a quarter. Anyone and anything can get through the first two or last two seconds of an opening. However if anything organic is caught in the bridge it's matter would be destroyed. if that organic has sencience, the shard of primus will forge a cybertronion body for it in order to save it's life.
(name is up for debate I have four ideas)
race:origionally human\now cybertronion(see shard of primus)
gender:origionallymale\now femm(the shard did not at the time remember how to make a mech[It does now HEH HEH])
ethnisity:origionally caucation\now undeturmined(potentally autobot or decepticon)
age:human mental age 35\cybertronion physical age youngling(approx:50-75)
bio:normal every day joe (NOT HIS NAME) who wanted nothing more in his life than to exist. His idea of adventure was to sit and read about someone else's. untill The Shard of Primus space bridge opened in front of him as he was driving home. Now he is stuck smack dab in the middle of an adventure he never wanted in a body he dose'nt know a thing about.
Plainswalker. Ember was taken as a prisoner, apprentice by one of the most evil plainswalkers. using a turn of phrase I her orders she was able to escape his control. since she was originally from a large universe plain, she retreated back to those plains she knew the most about. hoping that her former master couldn't track her.
"I am the very model of a modern cartoon character