Author has written 2 stories for Sherlock.
Greetings to the wonderful writers and readers of Fan Fiction!
I stumbled upon this site by accident in 2011. I was immediately hooked after reading so many wonderful stories, and I decided to join up.
Finally, after a year of angst (which would make a long but otherwise dull tale in and of itself), I finally decided to actually publish my first story, which was inspired from watching "The Reichenbach Fall" from the "Sherlock" series. The short story slowly morphed into a monster as my characters decided to deviate from my story and took it in a completely different direction. Nevertheless, many wonderful people decided to take a chance and read my story. Their reviews still mean so much to me. It is one thing to have a family member or a friend read your story and tell you that it was ok. It is quite another matter when strangers who have already proven themselves to be skilled writers decide to read your story and encourage you.
Basically, I love you guys! You made me feel welcomed!
To those who have not read my profile before I updated it, I am an attorney from the Appalachian area of Tennessee, which is located in the United States of America. I worked as an assistant public defender for several years before I decided to leave it, as my boss was slowly morphing into a psychopath (and no, I am not joking). Good thing I did too, because I have heard from my former colleagues that he has gotten worse over time.
After a lot of hard work over the last year, I have established myself with my own private office and have developed a successful practice. Quite frankly, I love being my own boss, although the demands of work leave me less time to enjoy the newer stories coming from FanFiction. However, I still write occasionally whenever the mood strikes me, and I hope to have a new story or two up within the next few months.
But enough of my complaining! Here are some facts about myself!
1. I tend to be a very friendly and cheerful person, and some people jokingly refer to me as Elle Woods (The main character from "Legally Blonde." And yes, I have a similar shade of blonde hair, much to my eternal shame!) However, I am a bit of a loner, prefering to indulge in activities such as reading, writing, and drawing.
2. I am a perfectionist by nature, but I sometimes display a humorous side if I know I can get away with it. Once, two years ago, on Halloween, I came into court wearing contacts shaped like cat eyes. Most people didn't notice (my eye color is light green and look like cat eyes anyway) but the judge noticed! She had a good laugh about it too!
3. My writing tends to be overly precise sometimes (I apologize in advance). I learned how to read and write when I was two years old, but I couldn't speak properly for many years due to damaged vocal cords, so I have always been more comfortable writing as opposed to speaking aloud.
4. I am very close to my family (my parents and my younger sister). We have went through alot together (both of my parents were treated for supposedly-terminal cancer and survived, while my sister has had to deal with health problems of her own). As such, we are very close-knit as a family, although we do occasionally argue. Seriously, who doesn't!
5. I have searched through and enjoyed reading many wonderful stories from this website. However, I tend to gravitate to my favorite shows, which currently are Battlestar Galactica, Merlin, Doctor Who, and Sherlock.
6. To anyone who read my first story, "The Meaning of Sacrifice," this will come as no surprise. To those of you who haven't, then fair warning. I have a twisted sense of humor. Some might even say I am crazy, as I sometimes engage in interactive commentaries with my characters. I also can go months without writing anything, but during times when I can't sleep at nights, I will get out my trusty laptop and type until the early morning hours. So I am basically an insomnia-driven writer.
Kind of sad, isn't it?
Hopefully, I will be able to post another story soon, and I hope somebody out there likes it. Until then, I will celebrate the fact I am now back on Fan Fiction after several months absence and hope to read more of the wonderful stories everyone is sharing!
Thanks for reading!