Author has written 2 stories for Sherlock.
Greetings to the wonderful writers and readers of Fan Fiction!
I stumbled upon this site by accident in 2011. I was immediately hooked after reading so many wonderful stories, and I decided to join up.
Finally, after a year of angst (which would make a long but otherwise dull tale in and of itself), I finally decided to actually publish my first story, which was inspired from watching "The Reichenbach Fall" from the "Sherlock" series. The short story slowly morphed into a monster as my characters decided to deviate from my story and took it in a completely different direction. Nevertheless, many wonderful people decided to take a chance and read my story. Their reviews still mean so much to me. It is one thing to have a family member or a friend read your story and tell you that it was ok. It is quite another matter when strangers who have already proven themselves to be skilled writers decide to read your story and encourage you.
Basically, I love you guys! You made me feel welcomed!
Then my work and life took over, and I haven't had time to indulge in writing since, especially since my internet service is remarkably unreliable. Hopefully, I will be able to find more time to post some of my projects that I have been dabbling in over the last year.
So who am I?
1. I am an attorney who owns her own law practice in Tennessee. I am somewhere between the ages of twenty and sixty. Hey, I have to maintain a little mystery about myself, and a lady never reveals her age! ;)
2. In my free time, I love to read, write, draw, and paint. I also do some flower gardening as well. I am a solitary person by nature, but I tend to be very friendly with people. Some people (particularly opposing attorneys) mistake my quiet, friendly, and respectful personality as a sign of weakness. However, they learn quickly that I can be just as intelligent and determined as they are, and I don't have to yell or scream in order to get my point across, which is probably why I tend to win the majority of my cases.
3. I enjoy many different genres, so it is impossible to pick a favorite, although I particularly love crime/mysteries, fantasy, and science-fiction. I particularly like "Sherlock Holmes," "Sherlock," "Battlestar Galactica," "Merlin," "Game of Thrones," and "Dark Parables."
4. As I am a solitary person, I am slow to trust people in general. However, I am extremely close with my family and a few friends. While I am not afraid to speak my mind, I am also willing to try to see all sides of an issue before taking a side. I am pretty organized by nature (the clothes in my closet are organized by color and seasons), but I am also not afraid to get my hands dirty, as I live on a farm.
5. I am a huge night owl. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a story in my head or an idea concerning a case, and I just have to write it down quickly or never it back to sleep. It drives me crazy sometimes, but sometimes my insomnia brings out my creative outlet.
6. I am more comfortable writing than I am at speaking. Yes, I know. Why would I choose to be an attorney if I didn't like speaking? Maybe because I am crazy? Who knows! But I learned to read and write long before I could speak, so writing has always been more comfortable to me. Also, I have a bizarre sense of humor that occasionally escapes into my writing
Anyway, I have been working on a few projects in my spare time, and I hope to post them soon once I work up the courage to do so. However, I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to encourage me on the few things I have posted so far. Thank you!