Author has written 7 stories for Glee.
Hi :) I'm Glasz Wingsz
Real name: Taylor
Gleek; Daltonite; Gondolier
I love nature, animals, MUSIC, reading, writing, MUSIC, dancing, Disney, Teen Wolf, Sherlock, science fiction, and MUSIC!!
Fandom is focus. Fandom is obsession. Fandom is insatiable consumption. Fandom is sitting for hours in front of a TV screen a movie screen a computer screen with a comic book a novel on your lap. Fandom is eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome and not enough exercise and staying up way, way past your bedtime.
Fandom is people you don’t tell your mother you’re meeting. Fandom is people in the closet, people out and proud, people in costumes, people in T-shirts with slogans only fifty others would understand. Fandom is a loud dinner conversation scaring the waiter and every table nearby.
Fandom is you in Germany and me in the US and him in Australia and her in Japan. Fandom is a sofa-bed in New York, a road trip to Oxnard, a friend behind a face in London. Fandom talks past time zones and accents and backgrounds. Fandom is conversation. Communication. Contact.
Fandom is female. Fandom is male. Fandom lets female play at being male. Fandom bends gender, straight, gay, prude, promiscuous. Fandom is fantasy. Fandom doesn’t care about norms or taboos or boundaries. Fandom cares too much about norms and taboos and boundaries. Fandom is not real life. Fandom is closer than real life. Fandom knows what you’re really like in the bedroom. Fandom is how you would never, could never be in the bedroom.
Fandom is creating. Fandom is drawing, painting, vidding: nine seasons in four minutes of love. Fandom is words, language, authoring. Fandom is essays, stories, betas, parodies, blog posts, message board posts, emails, chats, petitions, feedback. Fandom is writing for the first time since you were twelve. Fandom is finally calling yourself a writer.
Fandom is signal and response. Fandom is a stranger moving you to tears, anger, laughter. Fandom is you moving a stranger to speak.
Fandom is distraction. Fandom is endangering your job, your grades, your relationships, your bank account. Fandom gets no work done. Fandom is too much work. Fandom was/is just a phase. Fandom could never be just a phase. Fandom is where you found a friend, a sister, a kindred spirit. Fandom is where you found a talent, a love, a reason.
Fandom is where you found yourself.
I Am The Girl
- I am the girl who falls in love with book characters, 'cause the guys in my life just don't understand me.
- I am the girl who loves the dark, 'cause the light is just too bright for my liking.
- I am the girl who imagines she was someone else, 'cause her own life is too plain.
- I am the girl whose closest confidant is a person who exists solely in her imagination, 'cause I can't even talk to my friends about some things.
- I am the girl who is in the background of everything, 'cause who would consider putting me up front?
- I am the girl who can sit in an empty room for hours and not get bored, 'cause my mind is my only retreat from life. And a pretty darn good retreat it is.
- I am the girl who can't get rid of books, 'cause they contain my best friends, closet memories, and favorite places.
- I am the girl who rarely speaks, 'cause no one is able to listen anymore.
- I am the girl who is not afraid of anything, 'cause honestly, what is there to be afraid of?
-I am the girl that doesn't go to school dances, or games, and when I do go, I sit in a corner and read a book.
-I am the girl that people look through when I say something.
-I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal.
-I am the girl that people call weird, a nerd, and a freak either behind my back or to my face.
-I am the girl that doesn't spend all her time on MySpace, or talking to her best friend on a cellphone or regular phone.
-I am the girl that hasn't been asked out in a year.
-I am the girl that has stopped to smell the flowers and jump and splash in the rain.
But I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is, doesn't care if people call her weird (it's a compliment), who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more, who loves and is obsessed with magic, who can express herself better with words than without words, and knows the importance of the little things.
Copy and Paste this onto your account if you are anything like me, so the girls who are different and unique can know in their weakest times that they are unique, but not alone.